Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Veteran player getting back into LoL S3, what...

Creator: Searz October 30, 2013 1:01pm
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 3, 2013 5:46am | Report

Sig made by Hogopogo
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 3, 2013 9:55am | Report
Not that it would work on Malphite anyway. Dat sarcasm tho.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 3, 2013 10:28am | Report
DillButt64 wrote:

then answer this Searz

if Shiv is sooooooo much worse than Hurricane why are all the pros building Shiv and PD over Hurricane? why hasnt Hurricane seen any pro play if its such a great item?

That's the thing: it isn't.
It's normally not that great, but on Caitlyn specifically it works very well because of her passive and long range.
Vynertje wrote:

Overall the stats given by Shiv are a lot better than Runaan's. The passive might be 'worse' (it can crit though) but the strength of an item is not only defined by the passive.

Yes, but the strength of some items are in fact defined mostly by their passives. I mean Thornmail would suck so incredibly hard without that passive, and so would Runaan's Hurricane.
Quoted:
Problem is, for any ADC, there is a 6-item core which cannot be changed.

It's only a problem because you make it one.
You're of a far too rigid mindset. These items can be changed. The whole point of most of the items is damage in the end, so if another item has the potential to increase this damage with or without crit, then one should look into it
As I've stated already, I think that a build that stacks AD has some real potential with the Hurricane.
I'm not saying I know it's better, I'm just saying that it has the potential to be.
tehAsian wrote:

9% increased damage?

Why buy that over IE, which gives 50% additional crit damage + AD that scales off crit + AD that scales off AS + AD that scales with your abilities?

Yes, from the synergy with her passive alone.
You're taking one part of an item and comparing it to all the beneficial parts of another item.

It's like saying that Runaan's Hurricane is better than Infinity Edge because Infinity Edge only gives +50% critical damage while Runaan's Hurricane gives 70%AS and two extra shots. The Hurricane is just better, so why buy Infinity Edge over the Hurricane?
See? I can make ******** comparisons too. It's easy.
sirell wrote:

Searz, you really REALLY need the mobility that Statikk Shiv/ Phantom Dancer gets you.

Valid point. I'm inclined to agree that you need the MS to some extent.
There are other MS items though.
And who says that these items are mutually exclusive?
I've been saying that they're not for a while now..
Quoted:
I know you don't like crit stats, but it's actually quite important.

Nonono, I dislike crit as a MECHANIC, that has nothing to do with what items I build. Crit is an incredibly useful tool for increasing your damage in LoL, which is why I'd build it on pretty much every AD carry in the game.
Don't make assumptions.
"If someone is ****, you point at them and declare "****!". Because this is the internet." - Serpentiferous

"The Internet: where men are men, women are men, and little girls are the FBI." - ???
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 3, 2013 10:36am | Report
Caitlyn's passive is 150% normal damage, a crit with IE is 250%. Which would you rather have every 2 attacks?
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 3, 2013 10:39am | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

Caitlyn's passive is 150% normal damage, a crit with IE is 250%. Which would you rather have every 2 attacks?

this
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 3, 2013 11:04am | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

Why are you even asking for help if you're just going to ignore and talk down to people who have been playing all season, many of whom are frankly better players? I mean jesus dude your attitude is horrible and it makes me mad as hell.

Shh, no tears. Only dreams now.
Quoted:
Runaan's kills your single target DPS. It makes you powerless in a duel and means you will do nothing to any tanks coming after you in a teamfight.

No it doesn't. Why would it do that? It doesn't reduce your DPS at all.
Compared to other items it does have less single target DPS than most. <-THAT is a valid point.
You're exaggerating your points to the extremes, making your points very silly and ultimately invalid. Stop that.
Quoted:
People rarely clump up enough for it to be effective and even when they do it doesn't really exceed crit and the crazy synergy it has with Infinity Edge.

Oh yeah? Says you and what math?
Stop making empty statements.
Quoted:
Burning down one target quickly is always better than dealing mediocore damage to several when you're a squishy *** ADC.

I think that can be said about any role...
You're yet again exaggerating your point to the point of becoming moot.
SEALynx wrote:

Don't even know how you became a vet with your terrible attitude.
RIP in peace vet Searz(2010-2012), I didn't know you at all.

Lol, what? XD

Please keep commenting, you're hilarious.
"I sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over the oilfields dropping hot sticky loads on disgusting foreigners. People say to me that a person being a helicopter is Impossible and I’m ****ing ******ed but I don’t care, I’m beautiful. I’m having a plastic surgeon install rotary blades, 30 mm cannons and AMG-114 Hellfire missiles on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me “Apache” and respect my right to kill from above and kill needlessly. If you can’t accept me you’re a heliphobe and need to check your vehicle privilege. Thank you for being so understanding." - Guuse

"uh, I identify as counterstrike and I find this globally offensive" - ???
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 3, 2013 11:10am | Report
I saw the part where you called me stupid before editing it out. I'm done trying to help here, have fun being trash buddy.
Kaggboer2012
<Member>
Kaggboer2012's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 3, 2013 11:15am | Report
just stop guys.
hi i am the best

ich komm mit mehrsilbigen nomenreimen die mehrsilbig sind und sich auf nomen reimen

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/aatrox-opness-guide-pls-dont-downvote-1st-guide-349029 CHECK OUT MY AWESOME GUIDE BUT NO DOWNVOTES PLX
mastrer1000
<Editor>
mastrer1000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 3, 2013 11:16am | Report
^this
I AM NOT AFFECTED BY ELOHELL. NOOBS AND TROLLS NEVER RUIN MY RANKED GAMES.
I DON'T GET STUCK AND I NEVER GET ONLY 2LP FOR A WIN.

I AM UNRANKED.

also check out my Ryze guide
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 3, 2013 11:16am | Report
Reading this thread made me remember the 'Mybloodisblack'-threads.
It is literally the same,

OP asks for help
people offer help.
the help people offered does not fit the theory craft of OP
OP thinks his theorycraft is really, really, really, super, dupa, pro, 1337.
OP bashes all the help that does not fit with his theorycraft
OP continues to try and counter 'empty statements, asking for math'

-why doesn't op do some math himself and see that Hurricane is horrible and only for 25% srs games?

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide