Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Votes without comments

Creator: CasterMaster March 12, 2012 8:33pm
Should votes without comments be anonymous?
CasterMaster
<Veteran>
CasterMaster's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 12, 2012 8:52pm | Report
Now I should open a question on for all votes, should it display the ratio for upvotes to total votes?

My Elise Guide | My Kassadin Guide
Thanks to jhoijhoi, albableat, Arcana3, GMD and I for the awesome sigs! im a zombie
CasterMaster
<Veteran>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 12, 2012 9:02pm | Report
PsiGuard wrote:

There isn't much difference between options 2 and 3.

*facepalm* no difference at all

Thanks to jhoijhoi, albableat, Arcana3, GMD and I for the awesome sigs! im a zombie
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 12, 2012 9:10pm | Report

Now I should open a question on for all votes, should it display the ratio for upvotes to total votes?

I agree on this.
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
CasterMaster
<Veteran>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 12, 2012 9:29pm | Report
Right now, the only way to find out the ratio for upvotes to total votes is by going on google and searching up "<<Insert Champion Here>> Guide" and clicking the first link. This is how I keep track of my guides. Doing this, I know that my Xerath guide has 12 downvotes, Swain with 8, and Kassadin with 1. However, it's very inconvenient to do that

Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 12, 2012 9:32pm | Report

Right now, the only way to find out the ratio for upvotes to total votes is by going on google and searching up "<<Insert Champion Here>> Guide" and clicking the first link. This is how I keep track of my guides. Doing this, I know that my Xerath guide has 12 downvotes, Swain with 8, and Kassadin with 1. However, it's very inconvenient to do that

Clicking the champion names at the bottom of the screen will take you to the same page.
CasterMaster
<Veteran>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 12, 2012 9:37pm | Report
oh thats what its for =\

Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 12, 2012 10:00pm | Report

oh thats what its for =\

For a while we had the ratio on the guide page as well.

Thank you to jhoijhoi for the sig, and all the dividers in the guide.

Xaioli
<Veteran>
Xaioli's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 12, 2012 10:04pm | Report
Just trust the Veterans here on this. As a person that used to write/critique guides, this method is the most "fair" for both viewers and writers.
Yukimaru
<Member>
Yukimaru's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 13, 2012 12:48am | Report
When i started here on Moba i made a Thread about how ****ty that Vote-System is, and got, rightly, flamed for it. Now i think its okay, even with trollvote's, it's somewhat accurate with a few exceptions, and if u care if that Guide for Champion A has 2% more then you well...i guess you should visit a doctor.

Only thing to change stil is the Featured Strategy Guide/Recommend System. The Guide doesnt even need to be good u just need to brownose, done.
^That creates a problem if u have a good Guide and dont have some "Friend" to rec. your Guide or enough Moba fellows who blindly upvote without reading, never get's any attention.

Personally when i up or downvote, it depends on the current standing of a guide, while a guide with around 50%, but its good written, gets an upvote from me, the same guide could get an downvote from me when it would have around 80% cuz of some criteria that i dont think is important when it has a lower score~
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 13, 2012 12:59am | Report
Yukimaru wrote:
Only thing to change stil is the Featured Strategy Guide/Recommend System. The Guide doesnt even need to be good u just need to brownose, done.

I agree with you. Recently I proposed that all Scout Points and who gave them should be public for everyone to see, AND a required comment before you Scout, so everyone can see the REASONS why you gave a Scout point, but this idea was turned down.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by me ♡

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide