Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Votes without comments

Creator: CasterMaster March 12, 2012 8:33pm
Should votes without comments be anonymous?
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2012 10:00am | Report
More troll voting and less individual accountability?

Sign me up!
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2012 10:03am | Report
I believe the system will not be used like that. I do believe you have to write like 30 words in comments though
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
STRYKER29
<Member>
STRYKER29's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2012 10:26am | Report
DuffTime wrote:

More troll voting and less individual accountability?

Sign me up!

If you want to think of it that way, go for it. But it also means less people worried about revenge-votes/backlash on their own guides, which means more people giving their feedback/criticism on guides which, hopefully, will eventually improve the quality of guides on this site.

Crows foot wrote:

I believe the system will not be used like that. I do believe you have to write like 30 words in comments though

This is a great idea. I'm sure it's been brought up before, but if not, this would help somewhat to curb the lazy people from troll voting. 30 words may be a bit high since some people may not have much advice to offer, but having a set number of words required to comment would be a good thing.
Many an opportunity is lost because a man is out looking for four-leaf clovers. ~Author Unknown

When I was young, I observed that nine out of ten things I did were failures. So I did ten times more work. ~George Bernard Shaw
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2012 12:50pm | Report
STRYKER29 wrote:

Exactly, the person's IP address or whatnot is still recorded so that the admins are able to tell who voted on what if it is absolutely necessary to do this.

And even if the whole overhaul part (where the C2V feature that I spoke of is a separate entity) is not feasible due to the amount of work needed to make it separate, it should be entirely possible to make a box that one could check in order to appear anonymous in their comment.

Some may argue that this will only allow even more troll votes since there appears to be no way to identify the commentor. However, I feel that those that now feel comfortable voting and commenting anonymously in order to not suffer backlash would greatly outnumber those that begin to troll vote. I could be wrong but that's just what I think.

What are y'all's thoughts?

I think it'll do more good than bad.

I'm all for anonymous voting/comments (not forced anonymousness tho, ofc) and I really hope it gets implemented.

As for your idea; it sounds good (didn't read all of it tho). BUT you can't force people to write something when they vote. That will not help.
There should also still be a way to comment on the guide like you can now ofc (for discussion and such), just that vote-comments are put in a separate place.
Sittin' on chimneys, putting fire up my ***.

"I biked 12km in a blizzard today and mice are chewing on my chocolate bars. Life's good."
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2012 5:28pm | Report
PsiGuard wrote:

Could encourage troll-voting, since it isn't a punishable offense. At least if someone is troll-voting guides, we know who it is. Doing the same while anonymous would be even easier. :(

STRYKER29 wrote:

Psi, surely you don't truly believe that there is actually anything that can be done anonymously on the interwebs. If you had read what I said in my above comment, you would know that all it would take is for the admins to look back at the IP, etc of whoever said what and *TA DAH* you know who said it. Then if an admin perceives what was said as punishable, then they can be dealt with.

You didn't read my post very carefully, did you? It doesn't matter if their IP can be tracked, troll-voting is not a punishable offense. Anonymous voting makes it much easier for anyone to trollvote without ruining their reputation. It has nothing to do with actions taken by mods or admins.
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!
CasterMaster
<Veteran>
CasterMaster's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2012 5:31pm | Report
Agreed

My Elise Guide | My Kassadin Guide
Thanks to jhoijhoi, albableat, Arcana3, GMD and I for the awesome sigs! im a zombie
Shiikan
<Member>
Shiikan's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2012 7:33pm | Report
I think that guide owners deserve to know who voted on their guide,

BUT

This would cause people who stop downvoting due to the fear of being "revenge-downvoted"

that's also why C2V turns off after 20 votes.
Could you do me a favor and check out my Evelynn Guide? It'd be much appreciated!

Have I helped you out or voted on your guide? It'd mean a lot if you +rep me and review my guide as well!
CasterMaster
<Veteran>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2012 7:50pm | Report
I just think there should always be a non-debatable reason why someone is down-voting a guide. Most people I find who are down-voting guides are people who want "revenge", making their own guide look better, or plain hate.

Thanks to jhoijhoi, albableat, Arcana3, GMD and I for the awesome sigs! im a zombie
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2012 2:10am | Report
The problem with C2V is that.

"Troll-votes" gets stopped.

Everyone inflates, except that the #1 guides inflates more than the lower simply cuz, #1 moba guide wtf better not vote it down ppl gonna be mad and stuff.

"Sheep-votes" does not.

OMG #1 let's upvote it so everyone can see what a great guy i am.

^This will happen regardless of anonymousity cuz higher rated guides have more authority in someones eyes than a lower rated guide does^
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
CasterMaster
<Veteran>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2012 2:13am | Report
^^Pretty much =\

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide