Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

What champs are able to solo top?

Creator: LastxSight December 13, 2011 7:01pm
1 2 3 4
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 14, 2011 2:44pm | Report
DuffTime wrote:

:[

Monstrous as in, ridiculously OP.
Tri lane for life.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 14, 2011 2:50pm | Report
somebody alredy make an offtank vayne guide ahuehuehue
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 14, 2011 2:50pm | Report
Temzilla wrote:

Are you going to make me make a Tanky DPS vayne build?

It's ****ing monstrous.

No, Alistar is a really good solo laner, he just has a really weird build in order to be effective, he has to build like... bruiser/attack speed, Straight AP+Lich Bane, OR CDR/Tanky.

Well i've never seen an Alistar do enough damage to me for me to warrant counterbuilding or anything, just farm all day.

I've only played against it once though, so what do I know~

____━━____┓━╭━━━━━╮
____━━____┗┓|::::::^━━━^
____━━____━┗|:::::|。◕‿‿­­­­◕。|
____━━____━━╰O--O-O--O ╯

Fear the power of the Nyan!
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 14, 2011 5:51pm | Report

I consider Alistar a thousand times stronger in bot lane, and a bit of a weak solo top. I could certainly be wrong though, he does have sustain, CC and pretty good damage. I can't personally vouch for him though.

Vayne has no special synergy with solo top. I said in my post I would only list notable solo tops, not all of the champions in the game that can do it (which is basically everyone). Same goes for Corki, Graves and Twitch.

Brand has no special traits that help him in solo top either. He's a typical mage, meaning he can be played in top lane, but I'm not going to list all of the AP carries just because they CAN lane top.

Malzahar is in my list.

Taric sounds silly to me. He's absolutely a support, and I don't see any special role for him in top lane other than his armor buff. Personally I think playing Taric anywhere but bot is kinda silly.

Fiddlesticks has good sustain and harass, but he's a ****py farmer and incredibly vulnerable to ganks. I wouldn't consider him a top laner.

Heimerdinger might fit up there, but I decided to leave him out since he's usually better off in mid. I think his turrets are more useful in the smaller mid lane.

Shen seems to easy to counter. I don't know if he's doable in top lane at all. I haven't played him anywhere but bot and jungle, and I don't think I've ever played against a solo top shen.

tl;dr: Alistar and Heimerdinger are possibilities. I left out the rest for a reason.
Thanks to Hoppermh for the sig!
InfHaRM
<Member>
InfHaRM's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 16, 2011 6:37pm | Report
@psi, I've got a friend with about 1500 ELO that solo tops with Shen all the time and he does pretty good.
Thanks for the sig Nameless Bard
Khazem
<King of the Hill>
Khazem's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 16, 2011 7:02pm | Report
Shen's got a shield, a global ultimate, an escape, sustain and a low cooldown spammable harass that costs no mana. The only thing I'd say holding him back from being a great solo top is he isn't a great farmer. He's still 100% viable solo top though
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 16, 2011 8:09pm | Report
^ Let's not forget Shen's biggest problem - he does less damage than a wet paper bag. What are you gonna do when Olaf or Udyr come charging at you and start taking out chunks of your lifebar? He can't trade with anyone.
Khazem
<King of the Hill>
Khazem's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 16, 2011 8:12pm | Report
His damage isn't all that bad if you get some AP/health
though if you end up against an Olaf or an Udyr you're probably in big trouble
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 16, 2011 8:41pm | Report