Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

What I like about Mobafire

Creator: Coxamus May 11, 2013 9:22pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 13, 2013 5:51pm | Report
well looks like another thread is gonna get locked soon

anyways im not amassing to the "flock" because of a lack of intelligence i listen to what lasty and throat say because most of the time what they say is right

and youre becoming one of the people that i said is what gives mobafire a bad rep, you said you use hurricane on those three champions and then went to say "i never said it was good lol i dont grind ranked also im gonna try to insult you by calling you my mommy!" if you know your input isnt good and isnt going to be helpful you shouldnt post it and then argue about it because thats what makes mobafire look bad
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 13, 2013 5:51pm | Report
idk what happened with this thread but unless it gets back on topic real fast it's gonna get locked
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 13, 2013 6:02pm | Report
DillButt64 wrote:

well looks like another thread is gonna get locked soon

no surprise there.

DillButt64 wrote:

anyways im not amassing to the "flock" because of a lack of intelligence i listen to what lasty and throat say because most of the time what they say is right

amassing to the flock is accepting something as a dogma. i am yet to see a clear justification for their choices besides "i get this bc iz gud and proplayerX getz it always".

DillButt64 wrote:

and youre becoming one of the people that i said is what gives mobafire a bad rep, you said you use hurricane on those three champions and then went to say "i never said it was good lol i dont grind ranked also im gonna try to insult you by calling you my mommy!" if you know your input isnt good and isnt going to be helpful you shouldnt post it and then argue about it because thats what makes mobafire look bad

indeed, sarcasm is bad, especially when noone gets it and the targets of such sarcasm become so predictable as making 2 or 3 pages of a topic based on something i didn't say, but 2 people (pretty much alike) read precisely as what wasn't written.

mobafire is a place of sharing ideas. not the "abide by the pro" comunity. curiously, a mentality both throat and C4 have. because they came from there, banned or not. idc. I fabricated an opinion (maybe it fits my playstyle, the kind of player i play against) and because of it i get dispised? I thought LoL was 5V5 game, not an fps solo player game.

by all means, say whatever you want, throat never deserved my respect, ever since he came storming into this forum, with little respect and manners.
i have the option to share my knowledge, you can accept or not. blindly accepting or disregarding will be your problem.

Sig made by elenah
Satella
<Member>
Satella's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 13, 2013 6:07pm | Report
Pheyniex wrote:

mobafire is a place of sharing ideas. not the "abide by the pro" comunity.

If your ideas suck we have every right to inform you that your action of sharing should cease because it's stupid. If somebody wants to build Manamune on Akali, fine, I don't care. But if he makes a guide telling other people to do that, I'll be damned if I don't get that guide shamed into the single digits.
Rewriting Riven Guide Useful Programs Thread Sig making
MyRepublic
<Member>
MyRepublic's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 13, 2013 6:10pm | Report
Ok guys, back on topic here: Mobafire is great, because stuff. Also things, but mostly overall I'd say it's the stuff.

Anyway this thread is a prime example of something I dislike about mobafire. Lately a lot of threads have been getting locked over arguments like the one in this one. One guy makes a claim, people inform him of the truth, and then that guy calls them all names and cries because AD brand is op, or in this case claims that they never said anything of the sort even though it's literally right there for people to read in plain text that they said so and so.

This community is at its best when... well lately it hasn't done much that I enjoyed. Maybe the AMA threads? Those are pretty cool. Sometimes people will actually get into constructive discussions without acting like 5 year olds, but that's kinda rare lately. I keep trying to get into inhouses, but there are so many problems it's usually more fun to play with randoms or to shoot myself in the foot.

The last problem I have with mobafire is that it seems like every time a good idea for how to make the site better comes out either only like a small group likes it, or it just gets ignored, usually (what follows is all in my imagination by the way) with what I'd assume to be the phrase "whatever, I don't need to listen to this, cuz throat/lasty/moon/insert intelligent but blunt person's name here said it, and no one listens to them anyway." Or at least that's how it feels.

I used to have a really good time coming on here, but now it just seems like everyone is just *****ing at each other over everything.

Thank you Miss Maw, CasterMaster and Arcana3 for the sweet sigs. I'd definitely recommend you to anyone looking for a nice sig.

"But we are stronger creatures than babies, why cant we hunt them?"- Meiyjhe
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 13, 2013 6:12pm | Report
Satella wrote:

If your ideas suck we have every right to inform you that your action of sharing should cease because it's stupid. If somebody wants to build Manamune on Akali, fine, I don't care. But if he makes a guide telling other people to do that, I'll be damned if I don't get that guide shamed into the single digits.

not quite the argument i was going for but fine.
i'll stress it again: it's up to WHoEVER reads the guide to USE their BRAIN and figure out if it makes sense or not. or even the argument the guide writer makes.

again... i'm not arguing if X item is good or not, am arguing if you actually have a good reason to support your choice/opinion.

AGAIN, not something you see on solomid usually.

(read the full post, coherently, ffs).

Sig made by Tamy
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 13, 2013 6:13pm | Report
i dont know about you but throatslasher and C4 lasty have been very respectful answering questions and contributing to the community, however almost every post youve made towards them as been rude and disrespectful, like saying they have a "must follow pro player mentality" and they dont deserve your respect, you arnt getting despised for it theyre just telling you that hurricane is a bad item and trying to help you become a better player, and not because "PRO PLAYER SAID ITS BAD!!!!" they actually gave a good reason "an item that only gives AS? no thanks"

mobafire is a place of sharing ideas but some ideas are really bad and its better for the player that made the idea and the future players thatll read that thread if they know its not the best idea and that there are better alternatives

im not saying you dont have the option of sharing your knowledge just make sure its good knowledge and you have valid reasons other than "its how i play", the last sentence in your post is exactly what the problem with mobafire is, people are blindly accepting bad ideas and when people try to tell people theyre bad ideas they get told they "dont deserve my respect because they said i was wrong!!!"
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 13, 2013 6:23pm | Report
DillButt64 wrote:

i dont know about you but throatslasher and C4 lasty have been very respectful answering questions and contributing to the community, however almost every post youve made towards them as been rude and disrespectful, like saying they have a "must follow pro player mentality" and they dont deserve your respect, you arnt getting despised for it theyre just telling you that hurricane is a bad item and trying to help you become a better player, and not because "PRO PLAYER SAID ITS BAD!!!!" they actually gave a good reason "an item that only gives AS? no thanks"

you too? seri0ously?

WHERE, did i say it was good? WHERE?
post it.

i dare you.

i double dare you.

anyway. have fun. i wrote my point time and time again. if tl;dr is your motto.
the confirmation method is "no pro player builds it". i think i have a point here.
DillButt64 wrote:

dont deserve my respect because they said i was wrong!!!

i never said this. i thought you remembered throat's initial thread on moba, a bit like this one with a title like "why mobafire sucks" or something more agressive, where there were half posts hoping for him to calm down and use decent language.

AGAIN, i didn't defend the use of runaans, as already 3 people belive i did.

Sig made by elenah
Satella
<Member>
Satella's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 13, 2013 6:31pm | Report
MyRepublic wrote:

Ok guys, back on topic here: Mobafire is great, because stuff. Also things, but mostly overall I'd say it's the stuff.

A lot of the stuff on mobafire is good, but sometimes there is bad stuff that is mixed in with the good stuff, and basically, people don't want bad stuff. Some people have weird tastes and don't mind the bad stuff, but being a community-made set of things and stuff, the bad stuff brewing with the good stuff leaves a bad taste in many people's mouths. The more people that see the bad stuff, the bigger it gets, so sometimes bad stuff gets really huge and covers up all the good stuff that's now sunken below it.

Usually, the small bits of bad stuff can be moved out of the way by some nice people who don't want others to see or feel the bad stuff. However, lots of bad stuff show up all the time, and some of the bad stuff is very, very old and heavy, so it requires teamwork from many people to really keep things nice and clean for everyone. So the nice people asked mobafire members to help them.

But rather than working as a team, many people look at the nice people weird, call them names, do bad things to them, and in general just don't help even though it is very easy to do.

This is why the nice people don't act as nice as they could be now.
Rewriting Riven Guide Useful Programs Thread Sig making
MyRepublic
<Member>
MyRepublic's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 13, 2013 6:34pm | Report
Satella wrote:

A lot of the stuff on mobafire is good, but sometimes there is bad stuff that is mixed in with the good stuff, and basically, people don't want bad stuff. Some people have weird tastes and don't mind the bad stuff, but being a community-made set of things and stuff, the bad stuff brewing with the good stuff leaves a bad taste in many people's mouths. The more people that see the bad stuff, the bigger it gets, so sometimes bad stuff gets really huge and covers up all the good stuff that's now sunken below it.

Usually, the small bits of bad stuff can be moved out of the way by some nice people who don't want others to see or feel the bad stuff. However, lots of bad stuff shows up all the time, and some of the bad stuff is very, very old and heavy, so it requires teamwork from many people to really keep things nice and clean for everyone. So the nice people asked mobafire members to help them.

But rather than working as a team, many people look at the nice people weird, call them names, do bad things to them, and in general just don't help even though it is very easy to do.

This is why the nice people don't act as nice as they could be now.

That's some real deep stuff there. I agree with those things you said.

Thank you Miss Maw, CasterMaster and Arcana3 for the sweet sigs. I'd definitely recommend you to anyone looking for a nice sig.

"But we are stronger creatures than babies, why cant we hunt them?"- Meiyjhe
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide