Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Why is League of Legends matchmaking this garbage?

Creator: Proxava December 16, 2020 6:10am
Fruxo
<Administrator>
Fruxo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 20, 2020 2:40am | Report
Proxava wrote:

hahah, i am done. check my winrate in casual here. 4/20 past 20 games, and 1/16 past 16 games. especially my volibear stats: 0/10 volibear games. according to internet volibear has 50% winrate. so if lol-matchmaking was fair, i would have a (0.5)^10=0.000000001 chance to have this accident. thats rarer than winning the lottery. and i played the lottery. what a joke.
i don't want to start analysing this garbage anymore. i guess they (riot) put all their money in analysing what makes people to continue playing and eventually making you invest real money. so players like me that are quite resilient, and have an addictive potential, that want to win games, and cannot stop after losing, they try to make them lose on purpose. i have no other explanation left. in all of my games, as volibear, my opponent didn't leave me anything to do. they completely obliterated my team even if I could win the early game for my team. i don't understand this. i am completely lost. i am so desperate. if you go through this hell, i guess you would have committed suicide long time ago. there is no description left of my feelings. i liked mobas. but now it's game over. lol did it for me. i will never touch this game anymore. rip, this completely garbage game, that doesn't deserve to be played by honest and serious people. trash to trash i would say.

But like you're level 36 playing normal games, if anything you're ruining your own experience by blaming it on everyone else. Blaming them for the reason you lose your games is not right considering you're not playing better either.

You don't have to invest real money into anything. Because real money does not give you anything, period.

If the enemy won the lane and then proceeded to kill the enemy team whilst you do nothing, well then they're clearly the better player in that game.
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!
Proxava
<Member>
Proxava's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 20, 2020 6:17am | Report
Fruxo wrote:

But like you're level 36 playing normal games, if anything you're ruining your own experience by blaming it on everyone else. Blaming them for the reason you lose your games is not right considering you're not playing better either.
You don't have to invest real money into anything. Because real money does not give you anything, period.
If the enemy won the lane and then proceeded to kill the enemy team whilst you do nothing, well then they're clearly the better player in that game.

very helpful answer, makes my life so much better. "real money does not give you anything", are you completely mind blown? whats your problem in admitting that lol is pay to win? if you want to be good in lol you need to have the meta-champs, that are op. you can only have them, if you buy rp and then you buy all the champs, because using blue essence would need at least level 400, to unlock everybody. and level 400 you only achieve by being a stupid addicted kiddy, and not with skill. the game doesn't give you any champs, because you are good.

furthermore what i don't understand is, why you don't adress critique. i have a serious problem with this game, as you can see in my winrate. i didn't have any fun losing these games, and the only thing i learnt is, quit this game, it is garbage. how can a well-respected community member like you, not come up with better arguments?

by the way, i never said that i am better than the enemy or any good at this game. so far i only claim that i am garbage. but lol puts garbage players on purpose vs hyper kiddies from corea, it seems. they write they do their best to protect new players from hyper kiddies. but i don't feel this. i play 11 times volibear, and i lose 11 times, because some hyperkiddie from the enemy team obliterates everybody. can you explain this extreme accident (0.01% chance) to making happening this? i didn't have fun in any of these games, in all of them the enemy broke through some lane at some point and from this on obliterated everybody else, as in our team nobody was capable of pushing his lane. completely unfair matchmaking. earlier i remember, i sometimes had a Darius or similar in my team carrying everybody, but now there is nobody in my team anymore carrying any garbage. but enemy always have the one carrying the rest. for example trynda 13/2?

just admit it, this game is garbage, really. or if you don't admit it, give me reasons, why this game bullied me so much. perhaps, because i haven't bought any rp?
Fruxo
<Administrator>
Fruxo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 20, 2020 7:08am | Report
Proxava wrote:
very helpful answer, makes my life so much better. "real money does not give you anything", are you completely mind blown? whats your problem in admitting that lol is pay to win? if you want to be good in lol you need to have the meta-champs, that are op. you can only have them, if you buy rp and then you buy all the champs, because using blue essence would need at least level 400, to unlock everybody. and level 400 you only achieve by being a stupid addicted kiddy, and not with skill. the game doesn't give you any champs, because you are good.

furthermore what i don't understand is, why you don't adress critique. i have a serious problem with this game, as you can see in my winrate. i didn't have any fun losing these games, and the only thing i learnt is, quit this game, it is garbage. how can a well-respected community member like you, not come up with better arguments?

by the way, i never said that i am better than the enemy or any good at this game. so far i only claim that i am garbage. but lol puts garbage players on purpose vs hyper kiddies from corea, it seems. they write they do their best to protect new players from hyper kiddies. but i don't feel this. i play 11 times volibear, and i lose 11 times, because some hyperkiddie from the enemy team obliterates everybody. can you explain this extreme accident (0.01% chance) to making happening this? i didn't have fun in any of these games, in all of them the enemy broke through some lane at some point and from this on obliterated everybody else, as in our team nobody was capable of pushing his lane. completely unfair matchmaking. earlier i remember, i sometimes had a Darius or similar in my team carrying everybody, but now there is nobody in my team anymore carrying any garbage. but enemy always have the one carrying the rest. for example trynda 13/2?

just admit it, this game is garbage, really. or if you don't admit it, give me reasons, why this game bullied me so much. perhaps, because i haven't bought any rp?

You don't have to invest money into RP to buy all the champions, nowhere does it say that in order to get good at the game and reach the highest rank, you have to spend money. That's completely false. Your argument about "you need to pay money to get the meta champs" is such a bad argument considering Volibear (whom you have btw), is a meta champ, gonna argue against that? Using blue essence would not need at least level 400, I'm level 200+ and I have pretty much all of them, even then you don't even need to buy all the champions. Once you find the champion you like to play (which you can literally find using the free 15 champion rotation that changes said 15 champions every week and you can try them out all for free during that week) and once you find it, you only spend blue essence on that champion and you don't really need to spend blue essence on anything else, thus you don't even need to level your account past level 50.

It's also stupid to say that "oh you need to be X amount of level to get all the blue essence you need to get the champions" because that's the same argument that can be made in any other game. You mean to tell me that if I were to play World of Warcraft, I can just get everything in the game in a few days right? No. I can't judge the entire game because I reached level 20 and now I think the game is garbage. You're level 36, haven't even gotten anywhere in the game yet, you've played 200 games minimum in normal, it's your first season where a ton of things has actually happened compared to previous seasons, I don't even think you've touched ranked yet which makes it all even worse.

Nowhere does the game force you to buy every single champion in the game, even if you have every champion in the game, you're not going to be playing every champion in the game so it doesn't matter anyways. You can get far in the game and reach the rank you want with skill and game knowledge. Being addicted to the game and playing over and over will not mean you're going to reach the top if you don't have any game knowledge or skill to back it up. What you're doing right now is being completely oblivious about everything. You're continually blaming your teammates for being bad or when teammates are being good and definitely smurfs or blaming the enemy for being absolutely amazing and also definitely smurfs because no one can have a good game once in a while, they're all smurfs even though you're not performing better yourself. You're in the same boat as everyone else.

If you have a serious problem with the game, then that's understandable. I can't change your opinion on the game, if you dislike it, then you dislike it. But making up massive baseless arguments when you've touched the tip of the iceberg in the game is just an irrational thing to do.

It also makes it even worse when you're saying that every game you play, as soon as you're facing someone on the enemy team that's better than you, then they're automatically a sweaty tryhard from korea, which is not true. Unless their match history shows that they've won every single game and they're on a 100% winrate (which they should be in Bronze-Silver, your skill level), then no, they're not a smurf from korea, they're simply having a good game, same thing can happen to you, same thing can happen to anyone. Some you win, some you lose.

I can't admit that this game is garbage because otherwise I wouldn't be playing it every day, much like all the other 115 million people playing the game as of today. I also can't explain to you why you've had what you have because everyones experience with the game is completely different, this experience is the exact same for any game that you ever play, whether that is a PC game, mobile game, xbox game, you name it. And no, buying RP has nothing to do with it, what will RP achieve on your account? Let's make a hypothetical situation, you buy RP and you buy all the champions in the game. If you now play these champions, are you automatically going to become a better player? No, obviously not. You're going to perform equally as worse as you do with Volibear because you'd rather complain about other things then to try your best to improve. You haven't found a champion you enjoy to play, therefore it's impossible for you to climb because you lack game knowledge and you don't know how a champion even works. Buying RP is not going to make you have a better time in the game, if anything it's just going to put you at the same place as you are currently. Some games are not for everyone, and that's reasonable, but not every game is pay to win.
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!
Tauricus2017
<Veteran>
Tauricus2017's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 20, 2020 7:49am | Report
Quoted:
very helpful answer, makes my life so much better. "real money does not give you anything", are you completely mind blown? whats your problem in admitting that lol is pay to win? if you want to be good in lol you need to have the meta-champs, that are op. you can only have them, if you buy rp and then you buy all the champs, because using blue essence would need at least level 400, to unlock everybody.

LoL isn't pay to win in any possible way my friend, Fruxo is right. You can buy champions, yes, but remember that champions can be bought with blue essence as well and it doesn't even take that long. Also there are many very very cheap champions performing super well. Annie has above 52% winrate and she costs only 450 BE. Poppy is also very close to 52% and she also costs 450 BE. Pantheon has over 54% winrate and costs 3150 BE (you can have all that BE in just a weak easily). Morgana has also over 52% winrate and isn't that expensive either. And there are many more those examples. But remmeber that with enough practise you can achieve above 50% winrate on ANY CHAMPION YOU WANT, it really isn't even that hard. Just keep learning, watch videos, read guides, etc., etc. I would bet that a normal non-addicted player could easily afford an above 51% winrate champion on every single lane in less then a month just by easy playing, without having to spend any RP or playing 24/7.

Quoted:
if you buy rp and then you buy all the champs, because using blue essence would need at least level 400, to unlock everybody. and level 400 you only achieve by being a stupid addicted kiddy, and not with skill. the game doesn't give you any champs, because you are good.

Well first of all you don't need level 400 to unlock every champion. I personally already have 92% of all champions in LoL and my level is 206. Second of all, going through your logic of broken champions, you don't need to buy bad ones at all. Just buy those with 52%+ winrates because you don't need those bad ones, right? Currently as for the time I am writing this there are only 33 champions that have such big winrates. Cut champions that don't belong in your lane, cut champions that you are not comfortable playing with, cut champions that are too hard to play and voila, you are sitting on approximately less then 4 champions. And you don't even need all 4 of them ofc. After all there are people that took it far even with just a single champion. Such examples can be Annie bot who reached challanger with Annie only or KatEvolved who also reached challanger with only Katarina. And the line that the game doesn't give you champions because you are good is also wrong. There is First win of the day that rewards you for winning once every day. You need to be skilled enough to win but you are not forced to spend insane hours every day just to claim this reward. Also winning gives you more experience then losing, so you will level up earlier and faster and get more stuff from levelling up.

Also Riot is treating new players really really well. During the first 30 levels, you earn a lot of free blue essence every time you level up. At level 2 you can choose 1 free champion out of 5 presented (3 of those champions have above 50% winrate and 2 of them are above 52%!!!). And during those 30 levels you will also receive 10 (usually expensive) champion shards worth of a lot of BE on top. And I haven't even mentioned some light cosmetic goodies for start including poro pal emote.

For this reason I conmsider your statement that LoL is pay to win as hugely misleading. LoL is very generous game when compared to other games on the internet.

Quoted:

Yeah LoL sometimes puts bad players into your games, that just sometimes happens. It sucks, it is awkward and nobody likes it. But you have to realize that this stuff is both sided. Enemy team is just as likely to get trolls in their games just like your team is. If you want this to stop then I will sadly disapoint you, it never will. But that doesn't mean that you can't reduce it to absolute minimum. If you want less loses, then just freaking start learning :D The ultimate goal of LoL is to make players want to improve and get better. You can't make all your allies get better, but there is one player in your team that can always, ALWAYS get better - it is you. Practise all available LoL disciplines, learn about freezing, pushing, lane managment, last hitting, poking, peeling, objective control, vision, denying vision, trading, comboing, diving, jungleing, all-in-ing, teamfighting, splitpushing, 1v1ing, animation canceling, etc. etc. The best of LoL players NEVER stop learning, for there is always something you don't know. Also please, for the love of god, stop complaining. I know it sucks to hear this but please, it is a no 1 reason Why I see people playing badly and having bad games. It is important that you look at the mirror and realize what have you done badly last teamfight, what could have you done better. Stop looking at 13/2 Tryndameres, stop complaining about matchmaking, trols in your game and unfair things. All those things are gonna constantly put you down and the best thing you can do is get over them. Asncend over them. Look at things that you can really change and not things that you can't. If you will stop wasting your time complaining in chat, mobafire threads and other media, and If you will finally start to focus on yourself and what you have done wrong, I can promise you that all this will get better. Perhaps If you will rewatch your games and instead of focusing on what your allies have done wrong, you will see that you missed an important stun last game, or you were too overextended and died to gank, or you placed almost no vision on the map, or perhaps you had almost no CS in the game.

Also one last thing. DO NOT GIVE UP!!!!! There will always be some odds against you and the worst thing you can do is surrender to them. In your volibear screenshot I have seen that you gave up and bought 5 Sapphire Crystals - but why? Sure the game was probably completely lost and there was almost nothing you could do but think about all those things that you could have learned? Learning how to play from behind is essential for every player If they want more wins and doing this stuff won't help them at all. Also your lines like

Quoted:
i liked mobas. but now it's game over. lol did it for me. i will never touch this game anymore

... feel really useless. Don't tell me that some lost games will make you completely give up??? Stand up and try again or don't, and run away like a coward. I myself had numerous of very very very long loss streakes, but I have got over it. Learned from my mistakes and stood up. And here I am now - having so much fun in league by playing off-meta stuff, not looking back to the past and just having a great time with my favorite love in crime, Soraka. I don't even look at my own winrates any more because, why? I am having a great time anbd that's all that really matters.

Hopefully I helped at least a little bit. I know that it's hard for you now but complaining and giving up won't fix anything. Stop running and face the game. Look at it's eyes and don't let other players put you down. Stop doing all those mathematical analyses type of stuff. Just keep playing and fight the beast!

Either way I wish you all the fun and bravery in your upcoming games. Have a ravishing day <3
Proxava
<Member>
Proxava's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 20, 2020 1:45pm | Report
Ok, thank you very much for your answers, they help me a lot, even if it may seem to you they don't. Keep that in mind if I may be critising your comments or if I may even get rude.

Quoted:
considering Volibear (whom you have btw), is a meta champ, gonna argue against that?

Sadly I don't have Volibear, he was for free this past week. Well still there is the question open, if Volibear is meta champ, why I lost 11 games in a row with him. That's a chance of less than 0.01%. This really hits me and demotivates me to continue playing with Volibear and even stops me playing lol at all. I simply wanted to have a relaxing time from my mathematics studies and working in my thesis, but a competitive person like me, that hates losing over anything else, and always trying to find the mistakes, and then it turns out I simply couldn't do anything better, but to wait and let them slaughter me, is more than disappointing. Just to point out: I got for example 10-15 games ago ganked lvl 1 as jungler. It was annoying, obviously my bot lane was sleeping. I didn't flame them, however. I took this on me, and from then on I was more aware and kept vision and played save. Another time, the enemy jungler stole lvl1 my red buff, and I learned to ward my red buff, and I even once got first kill, because I warded the red jungle and saw the greeding enemy invading lvl1. But know what? I lost the game. Have I been the worse jungler? Perhaps, or perhaps not. Some games I am better than the opposite jungler. Sometimes I obliterate the enemy jungler. Sometimes I get obliterated. But it all didn't matter. I still lost 11/11 Volibear games, and that's definetely not due to my low skill level or the low skill level of anybody else. There are 125 mio people playing this game, so it should be possible to have a match with people of a similar skil level, where I also have chances winning a match with Volibear. So mainly I would like to know the reason. Why did I lose 11/11 games with Volibear? And why did I not win the lottery? My guess is simple: Riot must have invested their money into some smart matchmaking engine, that reads the people's behaviour.

Quoted:
It's also stupid to say that "oh you need to be X amount of level to get all the blue essence you need to get the champions" because that's the same argument that can be made in any other game.

Well I am unsure about wow, didn't play it, and I won't. It's a money-cow, quite obviously. However I played other moba games, orcs must die unchained was the best, but sadly dead, literally. I played hots, and it was amazing, but at some point they banned me, because of flaming. I didn't use the chat in lol, because of that, but after the 9th or 10th game lost in a row, i started to ask the others if this is normal, and well they said: YES, men. So that is why I am here. Why so many accept this? This is not ok. Anybody with a reasonable understanding of probability knows that it is close to impossible to having this happen without an intention... Riots intention. So my main point here is, in the other mobas I played, hots and omdu, you were able to farm all the champs relatively quickly, say within two or three months of casual play. But in lol, you hardly achieve anything with 3 months of casual play. The 50 blue essence per day per first victory I am not even able to collect without 5 hours of playing which cannot be considered casual anymore. Even in aram I need to struggle to even get a victory. I am not put in a chilled game, I am constantly put in hyper aggressive games, where nobody makes mistakes. I remember in the beginning of the game, before level 30 say, I was put with people that did a lot of mistakes, like myself. And now past 20 games, I haven't seen a single one, doing these mistakes. I am garbage, and I want to play garbage. But I am put vs corean hyper kiddies obviously.

Quoted:
Nowhere does the game force you to buy every single champion in the game, even if you have every champion in the game, you're not going to be playing every champion in the game so it doesn't matter anyways. You can get far in the game and reach the rank you want with skill and game knowledge. Being addicted to the game and playing over and over will not mean you're going to reach the top if you don't have any game knowledge or skill to back it up. What you're doing right now is being completely oblivious about everything. You're continually blaming your teammates for being bad or when teammates are being good and definitely smurfs or blaming the enemy for being absolutely amazing and also definitely smurfs because no one can have a good game once in a while, they're all smurfs even though you're not performing better yourself. You're in the same boat as everyone else.

lol frequently updates balance at random, to make other chaamps op and old ones bad. You never know which champ is going to be good in the next update, and which are bad. So you are forced to have a lot of champs, or you will not be able to keep a positive winrate (or even have 50% at all XD like me). I don't know if you have played these games, where some Vayne, Darius, Trynda, Diana, Katarina, (before the update) Master Yi, (before the update) Yone, Annie, Miss Fortune, (before the update) Caitlyn obliterated the game. I myself saw oh: Caitlyn really strong, let's buy her. BAM UPDATE: Caitlyn garbage. So wasted 3000 blue essence. Of course I was stupid and not well informed. But that's how non-corean-hypper-kiddies that study mathematics and have a real life live their life. Now I have Caitlyn and she doesn't do anything good. Just to note: I don't blame my teammates. They are in the same boat as me. I solely blame Riot, for being garbage, having such a big game, and deceiving the users. All about buying RP, this game from my feeling. To get to level 200 and unlock all the champs, I need at least 2 years of casual play. And then I would finally be able to enjoy the strong champs, whenever I want. Your strategy of evaluating the strong champs with free rotation and then buy precisely the one that is good, doesn't work, because you need several weeks to discover the good one and then buying it already BAM new update, champ bad. And last but not least: smurfs are the dirt of this world and they deserve to burn in the hellfire for the rest of eternity. period.

Quoted:
If you have a serious problem with the game, then that's understandable. I can't change your opinion on the game, if you dislike it, then you dislike it. But making up massive baseless arguments when you've touched the tip of the iceberg in the game is just an irrational thing to do.

That is just an insult, *ignored*. As already mentioned, I had my experiences with other mobas and I learned my lessons. lol compares really bad with the others. But majority of people like garbage, as history and recent history show in plenty of examples. So no wonder they like lol.

Quoted:
It also makes it even worse when you're saying that every game you play, as soon as you're facing someone on the enemy team that's better than you, then they're automatically a sweaty tryhard from korea, which is not true. Unless their match history shows that they've won every single game and they're on a 100% winrate (which they should be in Bronze-Silver, your skill level), then no, they're not a smurf from korea, they're simply having a good game, same thing can happen to you, same thing can happen to anyone. Some you win, some you lose.

I see your point. I am quite resilient and don't give up quickly. I am usually also the only one voting no to early surrenders and trying my best, even if there is a rapist in the enemy team :D. One or two or three games in a row being bullied, is completely ok for me and I get over it and learn my lessons. I mean I learned a lot, how to play Volibear, how to jungle around and early ganks and stuff. But my problem is, just to mention it once again: I lost 11/11 Volibear games in a row. So this is what frustrates me and I can hardly believe this was coincidence.

Quoted:
I can't admit that this game is garbage because otherwise I wouldn't be playing it every day, much like all the other 115 million people playing the game as of today.

Maybe you identify yourself with this garbage so much, that you can't disconnect yourself anymore from it to get a more independent view of the game. So it's pretty much impossible for you to admit it is garbage. But I am unsure if I really asked you to admit this. I think I only want you to admit, that it is pay to win, at least to some extent. More champs, enable you to counter your enemy better, equal to higher winrate; for example Wukong can rape Warwick and Master Yi, and you can't reall do very much, so I usually ban him, if I play Yi or WW; also more champs as already mentioned helps you to be one of the lucky players with an op champ at any given update. It doesn't matter how many players play a game or support an opinion, because as history has clearly shown (3d reich, religion, communism, and so forth) the majority can be completely on the wrong track, and even tends to make the things much worse for the minority.

Quoted:
try your best to improve.

Well, why should I even try to improve. What's the benefit? To be crushed then by gold players, then by plat players, then by diamond and so forth? I want to have on my level decent games and forget for a moment the duties in my real life. That's all. I don't feel the need to improve in order to start enjoying games, because I am silver 4 player. Silver 4 is garbage elo, and seeing that everybody is even tryharding in casual makes me vomit. I don't understand at all, why these players are silver, or bronze, with this amount of skill level. I do a lot of mistakes and I don't understand why I am rated the same like these people, am I some kind of garbage prodigy or what?

These are my comments on your response, Fruxo. Feel free to let me know what I misunderstood, or what it wrong. I would like to hear a concrete answer to my main question. I went through hell, and this distroyed my fun in this game, because I know, it will continue to happen, if I start the game again :-/

Quoted:
LoL isn't pay to win in any possible way my friend, Fruxo is right. You can buy champions, yes, but remember that champions can be bought with blue essence as well and it doesn't even take that long. Also there are many very very cheap champions performing super well.

As already mentioned there are several problems. First off, frequent updates make one time one champ strong and other time other champs. I bought for example Amumu, that was op, and now performs really weak. I read that it counters Master Yi, and I played it, but then later on realised, that it only counters him in the teamfights. So I couldn't face him, and needed to let him farm my jungle, because well, I wasn't premade and my team didn't react very much. In the end Master Yi duskblade raped even in the team fights, because I couldn't target him anymore, because there was always this Tristana jumping in front and then immediately dead. Then invisible and hups, he is in the backlane, whilst I am being distracted by their frontlane. That was my experience with Amumu. Learned my lesson here. The most expensive champs cost 6300 blue essence as far as I remember and you get 50 per day if you are luckiy, but honestly it is not realistic. Let's say 50 per 3 or 5 days, because I am no hyper kiddie from Corea. And then sometimes a level up. Let's say one or two per week, that give you say 300 (perhaps in shards) blue essence. So maximally 500 blue essence a week. In a year this makes roughly 25'000 blue essence (holidays included). According to the internet all champs together cost about 560'000 blue essence. So even if I was wrong with my BE income of 25k BE/year by a factor of 2 or 4 or even 8, it needs several years to gather only half of the champs, without buying RP.

I think I covered in my answer to Fruxo pretty much a lot, why it is not enough to consider the current meta, but also keep in mind the random buffs/debuffs of Riot. So to be stable you need to buy say 60-70% of the champs.

Quoted:
You need to be skilled enough to win but you are not forced to spend insane hours every day just to claim this reward.

Well sad as it sounds, but I was unable to claim the reward for several days, as I was on a hevy loss streak. Probably you play the game with your corean pro kiddie friends, that carry you, to claim the reward, but I dislike this idea, so I try my best allone. But one of my friends, a level 300 ex diamond player, now playing plat, told me, that solo queueing is the worst thing in the world. It only makes you frustrated, because it is an unfair matchmaking. So he never goes solo queue, which astonishes me quite a bit. Is it really the case, that you guys all play at least duo? Why is solo queuing not working?[\b]

Quoted:
During the first 30 levels, you earn a lot of free blue essence every time you level up. At level 2 you can choose 1 free champion out of 5 presented (3 of those champions have above 50% winrate and 2 of them are above 52%!!!). And during those 30 levels you will also receive 10 (usually expensive) champion shards worth of a lot of BE on top. And I haven't even mentioned some light cosmetic goodies for start including poro pal emote.[\quote]

Sadly, in the first 30 levels, if you have not previously watched tons of videos and read hundreds of pages about this garb game, then you probably buy weak champs and champs that you maybe at first like, but then realise, that they don't suite your gameplay at all. For example I thought, ah Caitlyn, cool champ, strong sniper, but then I realised that I dislike her trap ability a lot. I am not the kind of player that places a trap, that disappears after 20 seconds and spend tons of mana for it. I think this ability is pretty weak and I don't want to play with it. So Caitlyn died for me, the very instant, I realised, that this is garbage.

Compared to what? Free to play online pay to win browser games? Compared to path of exile it is extremely unfair. In path of exile, you can be the best speed runner, without having to buy any champion. Maybe reconsider the 500k blue essence to collect for all the camps again? Compare the hours you spent with the minutes you spend playing a good game like Factorio, Minecraft, Terraria. These minutes in these games are gold, the hours in lol are garbage.

I summarised your motivating text, sorry for that. I know that I can do that, and I do it to some extent. But I also expect, that I get fair matches. Where I have chances to win, without being a pro corean kiddie. But obviously in the 11/11 losses in my Volibear game, something went wrong. I question here the matchmaking, that put me on purpose in mean matchups, that I couldn't win. Also I am not supposed to improve and improve and improve, because I am trying to have fun in casual games. But when I see these aggressive enemies, that rape and rape and rape, I don't see any fun in being raped. I am more of a calm nature, since I am a competitive chess player, and yes people: Chess is about 5 million times better than lol, because you can really blame yourself and learn from your mistakes. But in lol, the pure truth is, that there are many more factors that determine over loss and victory, than just your behaviour. You are just 10% in a game.

Tauricus2017
<Veteran>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 20, 2020 2:58pm | Report
Well I don't really know what you are looking for then :/

If you want help to try and get better then you are on the right place. If you want to learn mechanics and gameplay then you are on the right place. Here at Mobafire we are helping new players in getting better and yes having fun too. But If you don't seek either of those and you came just to complain about unfair matchmaking, korean smurfs, garbage gameplay and other stuff then I have no idea what you expect from us to do in order to help you. I personally have no idea.

Quoted:
Well sad as it sounds, but I was unable to claim the reward for several days, as I was on a hevy loss streak. Probably you play the game with your corean pro kiddie friends, that carry you, to claim the reward, but I dislike this idea, so I try my best allone. But one of my friends, a level 300 ex diamond player, now playing plat, told me, that solo queueing is the worst thing in the world. It only makes you frustrated, because it is an unfair matchmaking. So he never goes solo queue, which astonishes me quite a bit. Is it really the case, that you guys all play at least duo? Why is solo queuing not working?

I was sometimes playing with my friends from 6th grade of middle school but usually I was playing completely alone. I was't very good at the game back then and wasn't winning much either. I just randomly bought Jinx because she looked cool and spent some time learning her and understanding her kit. Let me tell you that I had NO IDEA how strong she was during that time, because why would I even care anyway. I was trying to have fun playing random champions and high winrates / low winrates - Who cares after all? If winning is what decides If you have fun or not, then there is something seriously wrong...

Quoted:
Sadly, in the first 30 levels, if you have not previously watched tons of videos and read hundreds of pages about this garb game, then you probably buy weak champs and champs that you maybe at first like, but then realise, that they don't suite your gameplay at all. For example I thought, ah Caitlyn, cool champ, strong sniper, but then I realised that I dislike her trap ability a lot. I am not the kind of player that places a trap, that disappears after 20 seconds and spend tons of mana for it. I think this ability is pretty weak and I don't want to play with it. So Caitlyn died for me, the very instant, I realised, that this is garbage.

Let me tell you that I had NUMEROUS of champions that looked cool but didn't fit me. At my first year of LoL, 90% of champions I bought stopped making me enjoy the game after like 2 days. Luckily after some time I finally established what I want my champions to do and finally started finding some good and funny champs thanks to nothing else then free champion rotation. So I suggest you to do so as well. Experiment with free champ rotation! Talk to yourself for a second and establish your favorite playstyle.

Quoted:
in lol, the pure truth is, that there are many more factors that determine over loss and victory, than just your behaviour. You are just 10% in a game.

Exactly and for this reason you should seriously stop focusing on everyone else then yourself. What can you change about those factors other then you? Nothing. Literally nothing. So why would you waste your time with it? Try to accept the situation as it is and focus on yourself. Truth is that you are almost never just 10% of the game. Sometimes you can be 2% and sometimes your can be 40% - how well you end up, that depends only on your skill. Never forget that enemies are just as likely to get koreans in their team as you and so there really isn't anything to blame.

I have dared to check your summoner profile on the internet. Let me tell you that all your trsh talk about korens in your games is mostly just straight up complaining without any deeper meaning. In that Volibear game you had, the fed Tryndamere you were facing actually has only 51% winrate with that champion. Enemy Udyr was absolutely new to that champion and had almost no experience with it. Enemy Ryze was also absolutely new that champion or haven't played it in a loooong time. Meanwhile, the Zed in your team was in fact a pretty dedicated zed main who managed to get a very positive KDA and team presence in almost all his games.

But forget about all of that. I am not able to tell much from sources I have. But I can clearly tell that you just completely threw your game 2 minutes before the end. I checked your other games and you tend to have A LOOOOT of deaths. Average LoL player with average winrate tends to have around 3-6 deaths, but man you have some insane numbers right there. Can't tell without a recording, but I am safe to assume that you were inting pretty hard in most of your games and inting players tend to have terrible winrates. In fact out of all your recent games, there was only 1 in which you had positive KDA and lost, where you played Master Yi and had 16/9. Every other loss you had was kind of caused by you since you had negative KDAs in every other one. Let's once again take a look at that Volibear game. You had 7 deaths but only 2 kills. You can now blame enemies being smurfs or your allies being dumb but you had 7 deaths right there. That's 7 more then you could. That's 7 more kills worth of gold for enemy team. You can keep bringing up your math about you winning the ultimate lottery of losing, but you died 7 times there. Not because of your enemies. Not because of allies but because you simply just had 7 deaths because of whatever reasons.

Like take a look at my profile for example on the 3/7/14 Lux game. As you can see I was playing against 5 gold players that are quite high over my own division. That's nice and all but what can I do about it? nothing. Again. But what's that?? Is it... 7 deaths?? After deeper analysis I have realized that I was playing absolutely horribly. At 11th minute I missed Light Binding which could literally give me a free kil. Then 2 of my deaths were cause by me overextending for wards, 1 by overextending for turret plate gold and the resst was because of my horrible positioning in teamfights. I could easily just have 7 more lifes if I would play that better. But I didn't. It's not my enemies, nor my allies, It's me. I made crucial mistakes that lead to our loss and next time I will possibly learn from my mistakes and I will perhaps even not repeat them.

Thanks to jhoi for the sig
Proxava
<Member>
Proxava's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 21, 2020 5:05am | Report
Quoted:
If winning is what decides If you have fun or not, then there is something seriously wrong...

It's about losing 11 times in a row. Not about winning or losing. Winning or losing close is really good. In chess there exist something like a draw, and draws are usually the best games. Wish, there was a draw too in this game. But close games are fair enough. But I didn't have any close games for my 11 Volibear games. Losing 11 times is no fun, especially if then it is written in your profile: 0/11 victories with Volibear.

Quoted:
Experiment with free champ rotation! Talk to yourself for a second and establish your favorite playstyle.

Ye sure, but then you get crushed, every time you try out a new champ, because you will not perform as well as the mastery 100k Trynda or the smurf Vayne or the Corean hypper kiddie. You will be smashed into pieces, and you will never touch the champ again, or you touch it 10 more times like me and quit lol.

Quoted:
Never forget that enemies are just as likely to get koreans in their team as you and so there really isn't anything to blame.

It didn't feel that way in my 11 Volibear games. In fact it felt, that the enemy team was always better. Nobody carried me.

Quoted:
The Volibear game you analysed.

You neglect the fact, that the enemy could be a smurf. The fed Trynda couldn't be stopped. He didn't do any mistakes, on my skill level I do a lot of mistakes, but enemy doesn't in my 11 Volibear games. So I couldn't do more than wait in the base and let them farm. Then I bought the 5 mana crystals. The Corean garbage is about the feeling I got in these games. Everybody of the players is so hyperfocused, and people that enjoy the game and do mistakes, (it's casual bro) they are just ripped. Even if I am being fed, I will still do mistakes, and let the enemy breathe, because I am not so much of a pro player. But in my 11 Volibear games, I faced opponents that were obviously on a different skill level.

Quoted:
But I can clearly tell that you just completely threw your game 2 minutes before the end.
What's the matter? I had fun buying the crystals, enjoying the last 2 minutes laughing. There was no better thing to do than this. I am not a tryhard, I will not use the time analysing mistakes of me and opponent to get better. I want to be garbage and play with garbage.

Quoted:
I checked your other games and you tend to have A LOOOOT of deaths.
It is simply not true what you say. I have a lot of deaths in some games, but I also have a lot of kills in some games and not very much deaths. Or most of my Volibear games I actually have a neutral KDA. But I only have losses on Volibear. That sometimes you have a lot of deaths, means that I made mistakes, yes. But the fact, that the enemy didn't make a lot of mistakes is what I am critisising. I want to play vs enemies, that do the same stupid things like me. That's what I enjoy, not being like Coreans. Did you know that Coreans have the highest suicidal rate in the world? No wonder why.

Quoted:
Every other loss you had was kind of caused by you since you had negative KDAs in every other one.
To make it very clear here the list of all my Volibear games:
  • 4/10/4
  • 5/5/4
  • 5/11/1
  • 1/8/1
  • 8/14/5
  • 2/14/6
  • 10/9/12
  • 1/4/0
  • 2/2/1
  • 4/3/2
  • 2/7/5

In fact only in 5/11 games I had a really bad KDA. In all the other games I had a good or neutral KDA. So what you are saying is simply wrong. Losing 11 times, and blaming me for it, is like if somebody comes and steals you eleven times in different ways your wallet, and you blame yourself. Of course in 5/11 times you were stupid. But in the other 6/11 times you weren't. You could blame the one that stole it, that's fair. That's what I did in some way. But I also blame the system, that I have to face thieves at all. It's the mistake of the system.

Quoted:
Your lux game.

Tryhard your best, but I am not intending it. I want to have decent games and fun and climb on my own way, if needed, or go down, if needed. But I want to have fair games, and I played 100 games, so lol had enough time to evaluate my level. But 0/11 shows me, lol is unfair.
Fruxo
<Administrator>
Fruxo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 21, 2020 5:36am | Report
Proxava wrote:
Sadly I don't have Volibear, he was for free this past week. Well still there is the question open, if Volibear is meta champ, why I lost 11 games in a row with him. That's a chance of less than 0.01%. This really hits me and demotivates me to continue playing with Volibear and even stops me playing lol at all. I simply wanted to have a relaxing time from my mathematics studies and working in my thesis, but a competitive person like me, that hates losing over anything else, and always trying to find the mistakes, and then it turns out I simply couldn't do anything better, but to wait and let them slaughter me, is more than disappointing. Just to point out: I got for example 10-15 games ago ganked lvl 1 as jungler. It was annoying, obviously my bot lane was sleeping. I didn't flame them, however. I took this on me, and from then on I was more aware and kept vision and played save. Another time, the enemy jungler stole lvl1 my red buff, and I learned to ward my red buff, and I even once got first kill, because I warded the red jungle and saw the greeding enemy invading lvl1. But know what? I lost the game. Have I been the worse jungler? Perhaps, or perhaps not. Some games I am better than the opposite jungler. Sometimes I obliterate the enemy jungler. Sometimes I get obliterated. But it all didn't matter. I still lost 11/11 Volibear games, and that's definetely not due to my low skill level or the low skill level of anybody else. There are 125 mio people playing this game, so it should be possible to have a match with people of a similar skil level, where I also have chances winning a match with Volibear. So mainly I would like to know the reason. Why did I lose 11/11 games with Volibear? And why did I not win the lottery? My guess is simple: Riot must have invested their money into some smart matchmaking engine, that reads the people's behaviour.

Now that is fair, which brings back my previous answer, you can always find a champion you're comfortable with playing, by using the 15 free champion rotation that changes every week, without having to pay anything. Just because a champion is meta, doesn't mean they'll always win every game. You can play any champ and go on a massive win streak respective loss streak or you could win 5 games before losing 7. Like I said previously, you're still at the early stages of the game, losing is bound to happen at your skill level, but if you're not actually trying to improve, you're not going to get anywhere either.

I can see that you're trying to improve as a jungler and that's great, you're still only touching the tip of the iceberg here, you haven't gotten far but trying to focus on yourself, what you can do better and your own mistakes e.g. maybe you shouldn't have played a teamfight like you did, maybe there's ways for the next game to play a teamfight better etc. and that's great, keep on doing that honestly. If you lose 11/11 games as Volibear, well then maybe Volibear is not the champion for you. Not every role (top/mid/jungle/adc/support) is for everyone and not every champion fits with everyone, that's the exact reason why most players either only play 1 champion at all times because they can learn more game knowledge of how to play the game, rather than how their champion works or they only play with a limited champion pool of say 3-4 champions. There's no players that play every single champion in the game at all times, making it even more impossible for the argument that if you buy RP and buy all the champions, you'll become a better player. The only people that have done this have either only played every champ 1 time in ranked to reach the highest rank of challenger, though these players have already reached challenger played what I said before with either 1 champ or 3-4 champs in a specific role they're comfortable with.

It's true that Riot has invested money into a matchmaking algorithm to match you up with people of higher skill level, if you keep winning games over and over, the algorithm will see that and will start to give you higher skill level players because it thinks that you're of the same skill level as them. If you're not in that level and you keep winning games, that means your actual elo is higher than that of what the algorithm gives you, therefore it will continue to give you better players, this is how people smurf. However, if you lose said games, then the algorithm will know that you're not of said skill level and will thus give you a lower skill level of players whilst continually trying to push you down from the elo you've gotten to, say platinum because like said before, it does not think that you're of that elo because of your games. The algorithm makes its decisions based on your current MMR (Matchmaking Rating) as well as your total amount of games, and how many of said games you've won and lost. But even with this, playing normal games does not matter since if you lose a game, you don't lose anything, if you win a game, you don't win anything apart from some xp for your account which you also get if you lose the game. Once you get into ranked, that's when you'll start to lose stuff and win stuff respectively, aka why it's called ranked in the first place.

And no, riot has not invested into a matchmaking engine that checks people's behavior, not only is that the most untrue thing ever, but that's simply not how their algorithm works. They have algorithms in place to check behavior in order to send out punishments if you break rules or become toxic yes, but these algorithms have nothing to do with the actual game itself.

Proxava wrote:
Well I am unsure about wow, didn't play it, and I won't. It's a money-cow, quite obviously. However I played other moba games, orcs must die unchained was the best, but sadly dead, literally. I played hots, and it was amazing, but at some point they banned me, because of flaming. I didn't use the chat in lol, because of that, but after the 9th or 10th game lost in a row, i started to ask the others if this is normal, and well they said: YES, men. So that is why I am here. Why so many accept this? This is not ok. Anybody with a reasonable understanding of probability knows that it is close to impossible to having this happen without an intention... Riots intention. So my main point here is, in the other mobas I played, hots and omdu, you were able to farm all the champs relatively quickly, say within two or three months of casual play. But in lol, you hardly achieve anything with 3 months of casual play. The 50 blue essence per day per first victory I am not even able to collect without 5 hours of playing which cannot be considered casual anymore. Even in aram I need to struggle to even get a victory. I am not put in a chilled game, I am constantly put in hyper aggressive games, where nobody makes mistakes. I remember in the beginning of the game, before level 30 say, I was put with people that did a lot of mistakes, like myself. And now past 20 games, I haven't seen a single one, doing these mistakes. I am garbage, and I want to play garbage. But I am put vs corean hyper kiddies obviously.

Now we're going back to the same thing as before, just because you have all the champions in the game or have enough RP / Blue essence to buy all the champions in the game, does not mean you're going to become a better player. We're soon entering Season 11, people aren't as bad at the game as they were a couple years ago and newer players are certainly become better by the day. A typical silver player today plays the game better than a bronze player would do because they've been able to improve each season, likewise they're still not as good as they can be, hence the reason they're still silvers and not gold or above. Like I said previously, you're still in your first season, some users have played this game for many more seasons than you have, aka they've played many more years than you, some people are bound to be better than you because they know the game more than you do, just because they have played it more. But they're still not as good, hence why they're still in a low elo such as silver. Stop coming with the argument that everyone is a korean tryhard because it's completely untrue and it will never be true in this game, it will never be true in any game.

Proxava wrote:
lol frequently updates balance at random, to make other chaamps op and old ones bad. You never know which champ is going to be good in the next update, and which are bad. So you are forced to have a lot of champs, or you will not be able to keep a positive winrate (or even have 50% at all XD like me).
I don't know if you have played these games, where some Vayne, Darius, Trynda, Diana, Katarina, (before the update) Master Yi, (before the update) Yone, Annie, Miss Fortune, (before the update) Caitlyn obliterated the game. I myself saw oh: Caitlyn really strong, let's buy her. BAM UPDATE: Caitlyn garbage. So wasted 3000 blue essence. Of course I was stupid and not well informed. But that's how non-corean-hypper-kiddies that study mathematics and have a real life live their life. Now I have Caitlyn and she doesn't do anything good. Just to note: I don't blame my teammates. They are in the same boat as me. I solely blame Riot, for being garbage, having such a big game, and deceiving the users. All about buying RP, this game from my feeling. To get to level 200 and unlock all the champs, I need at least 2 years of casual play. And then I would finally be able to enjoy the strong champs, whenever I want. Your strategy of evaluating the strong champs with free rotation and then buy precisely the one that is good, doesn't work, because you need several weeks to discover the good one and then buying it already BAM new update, champ bad. And last but not least: smurfs are the dirt of this world and they deserve to burn in the hellfire for the rest of eternity. period.

That's completely false. Riot does not balance champions at random, their entire reason for balance is that they want every champion to be as close of a 50% winrate (when played by all 115 million users that play this game) as possible, because that's what they view as a balanced champion. If a champion is overperforming, it will get nerfed, if it's underperforming then it will get a buff. Your argument here proves that you haven't been playing the game for long since now you're just making a baseless argument that's completely untrue. It's also impossible to have a "50% winrate" if you've only played 11 games. If you played 200 games of ranked with a winrate % that's higher then 50 then yeah that's great, that's signs of improvement, but in your case, you have nothing to go off of. 11 games means nothing in terms of winrate. Yeah I have played games where a champion has gotten fed and can carry the game, that's the entire point of being able to carry a game. Not knowing how to shut them down and abuse their mistakes because of the fact that they're low elo and being oblivious to the fact that comebacks do happen is the entire reason you don't win any games. Your behavior proves that as soon as someone in the enemy team gets fed, you completely give up the entire game. Your teammates are going to be at the same skill level as you, both teammates and enemies. They're going to be as bad as you are, that's why they are at that skill level.

Please stop making this useless argument that you have to buy RP to get good at the game. It's irrational and it's not even true to begin with. Just stop making it altogether, you're not getting anywhere with it because it's not even true. At the same time, if your entire point of playing the game is to play a champion that's strong, then you're playing the game wrong. You can reach the highest rank and have the same success with a champion like Maokai who is completely garbage (infact there is already a challenger tier player that has done so) as you can with a champ that is broken in this meta. The point is to find a champion you're comfortable with playing and a champion you like to play and are good with playing, this is why people only play 1 champion, because they like that champion, either they look good or their abilities feels nice or there are other reasons. Your argument about always being a meta slave and playing the so called "op" champions is the way to reach the highest rank, which is not true. Even if you play the most op champions in the game, you're still going to play awful with them, you're still going to go 0/11 every game with said op champions because you don't know what you're doing right now. You have no game knowledge, you can't climb if you don't know what you're even doing during a game.

I can agree with you that smurfs are not amazing to have, that's true. But at the same time, they'll never disappear. People will always smurf no matter what rank they are. But saying that every player that is better than you is 100% always a smurf, is oblivious.

Proxava wrote:
I see your point. I am quite resilient and don't give up quickly. I am usually also the only one voting no to early surrenders and trying my best, even if there is a rapist in the enemy team :D. One or two or three games in a row being bullied, is completely ok for me and I get over it and learn my lessons. I mean I learned a lot, how to play Volibear, how to jungle around and early ganks and stuff. But my problem is, just to mention it once again: I lost 11/11 Volibear games in a row. So this is what frustrates me and I can hardly believe this was coincidence.

I think what you're doing right now is good, never vote yes on a surrender vote. Every game is still winnable until the nexus is destroyed, period. Again, like I mentioned before, if you've lost this many games with Volibear, then maybe volibear is just not your champion, doesn't matter if he's meta, op or not.

Proxava wrote:
Maybe you identify yourself with this garbage so much, that you can't disconnect yourself anymore from it to get a more independent view of the game. So it's pretty much impossible for you to admit it is garbage. But I am unsure if I really asked you to admit this. I think I only want you to admit, that it is pay to win, at least to some extent. More champs, enable you to counter your enemy better, equal to higher winrate; for example Wukong can rape Warwick and Master Yi, and you can't reall do very much, so I usually ban him, if I play Yi or WW; also more champs as already mentioned helps you to be one of the lucky players with an op champ at any given update. It doesn't matter how many players play a game or support an opinion, because as history has clearly shown (3d reich, religion, communism, and so forth) the majority can be completely on the wrong track, and even tends to make the things much worse for the minority.

Lmao what. I identify myself with this game because I think the game is fun. I could say the same with any other game I play. If I like Valorant, I'm going to play valorant, if I like World of Warcraft, I'm going to play that game. I keep repeating myself all the time but your experience is completely one-dimensional, you can't really judge the entirety of the game because you haven't gotten anywhere in the game to begin with. Same thing for any other game, you can't judge an entire game if you've barely even played it.

Proxava wrote:
Well, why should I even try to improve. What's the benefit? To be crushed then by gold players, then by plat players, then by diamond and so forth? I want to have on my level decent games and forget for a moment the duties in my real life. That's all. I don't feel the need to improve in order to start enjoying games, because I am silver 4 player. Silver 4 is garbage elo, and seeing that everybody is even tryharding in casual makes me vomit. I don't understand at all, why these players are silver, or bronze, with this amount of skill level. I do a lot of mistakes and I don't understand why I am rated the same like these people, am I some kind of garbage prodigy or what?
These are my comments on your response, Fruxo. Feel free to let me know what I misunderstood, or what it wrong. I would like to hear a concrete answer to my main question. I went through hell, and this distroyed my fun in this game, because I know, it will continue to happen, if I start the game again :-/

The point of improving is to get better at the game, yes you'll get crushed by gold players, platinum players and so forth, that's the reason you're trying to improve. You can't reach Radiant (the highest rank in Valorant) by doing nothing like you're doing right now. If you never want to improve and can only complain whilst barely touching the game, you would never reach Global Elite (highest rank) in a game like Counter Strike if you're never trying to improve. Playing video games is all about trying to improve and get better at the game that you enjoy. You'll never become a good player if you don't even try to begin with, that's the reason you're not getting anywhere, it's the reason you're always stuck on the same ice platform as you've always been standing on. You can't move on the other ice platforms that shows signs of improvement and getting better at a game because you're not trying to get to them. You're not trying to improve at all, you're trying to stay at the same ice platform as you've always been standing on, the platform that doesn't show success, but shows lack of game knowledge, blaming others for being better and not wanting to improve.

Proxava wrote:
As already mentioned there are several problems. First off, frequent updates make one time one champ strong and other time other champs. I bought for example Amumu, that was op, and now performs really weak. I read that it counters Master Yi, and I played it, but then later on realised, that it only counters him in the teamfights. So I couldn't face him, and needed to let him farm my jungle, because well, I wasn't premade and my team didn't react very much. In the end Master Yi duskblade raped even in the team fights, because I couldn't target him anymore, because there was always this Tristana jumping in front and then immediately dead. Then invisible and hups, he is in the backlane, whilst I am being distracted by their frontlane. That was my experience with Amumu. Learned my lesson here. The most expensive champs cost 6300 blue essence as far as I remember and you get 50 per day if you are luckiy, but honestly it is not realistic. Let's say 50 per 3 or 5 days, because I am no hyper kiddie from Corea. And then sometimes a level up. Let's say one or two per week, that give you say 300 (perhaps in shards) blue essence. So maximally 500 blue essence a week. In a year this makes roughly 25'000 blue essence (holidays included). According to the internet all champs together cost about 560'000 blue essence. So even if I was wrong with my BE income of 25k BE/year by a factor of 2 or 4 or even 8, it needs several years to gather only half of the champs, without buying RP.
I think I covered in my answer to Fruxo pretty much a lot, why it is not enough to consider the current meta, but also keep in mind the random buffs/debuffs of Riot. So to be stable you need to buy say 60-70% of the champs.

Yes, you're right. Frequent balance changes does make one champ strong at times and one champ weeaker, that's the entire point of champion balance. There's no game in the entire world that's perfectly balanced, if such a game existed it'd be boring and a garbage game. Yes, master yi is a strong champion, but even he has weaknesses. Every champion has weaknesses, that's why they're a champion. Same goes with other games like Dota, not everything is going to be good, likewise not everything is going to be perfectly balanced. Same thing applies to valorant, not every character is going to be good, and every character has clear weaknesses. Not every weapon will show success 100% of the time because every weapon has restrictions put in place to not make it overly too good, and it requires a certain skill ceiling to be good with the weapon.

It's true that if you want every champion in the game, you'll have to spend some time to get them, hence why people who have every champion has spent quite a few years on the game. However, now you're just going back to your previous argument that was already proven to be illogical. Having every champion in the game, whether they are op or not, will not make you a better player, it will not make you have a better time in the game, and it will not in any way make you improve since you don't care about improving at the game beforehand. Stop continuing to fall back on arguments that doesn't even work or make sense in the first place.

Like I said previously, if you think you need to buy 60-70% of the champions in order to play the game. Then you're so detatched from reality as you can possibly be, I don't need to explain why, I've said it before countless times but you're denying the truth.

Proxava wrote:
Well sad as it sounds, but I was unable to claim the reward for several days, as I was on a hevy loss streak. Probably you play the game with your corean pro kiddie friends, that carry you, to claim the reward, but I dislike this idea, so I try my best allone. But one of my friends, a level 300 ex diamond player, now playing plat, told me, that solo queueing is the worst thing in the world. It only makes you frustrated, because it is an unfair matchmaking. So he never goes solo queue, which astonishes me quite a bit. Is it really the case, that you guys all play at least duo? Why is solo queuing not working?

Please stop making the argument that every player is a korean tryhard, it's a baseless untrue statement. :)

If they're an ex diamond player now in platinum, then they probably deserved to demote to begin with. Level doesn't mean anything in this game, only that you've played a lot of games. And no we don't play duo lol. I've played solo queue for basically my entire time playing league and it's going great for me, unlike you, I want to improve and get better at the game, because I enjoy the game. Yes you can play duo queue if you want to play with a friend, I'm sure you would do the exact same thing if you had a friend you wanted to play with, and don't try to deny it. Solo queue is working, infact there are millions that do it. Basing the entirety of solo queue on a single ex diamond player, that isn't even diamond anymore, is a really bad argument to make.

Proxava wrote:

Here you just proved my point. You don't like Caitlyn because of her traps, therefore you don't like her because of her abilities, not that she's weak, even though she isn't even weak in the first place. This is the entire point of finding a champion that you enjoy to play, you don't buy weak champs because you don't like them, you don't buy strong champs because they're strong, and they're not strong either for that matter. You realised that caitlyn is garbage because of her trap ability, an ability, right? So you're admitting that you don't like a champ because of their kit, which further supports my point.

Proxava wrote:
I summarised your motivating text, sorry for that. I know that I can do that, and I do it to some extent. But I also expect, that I get fair matches. Where I have chances to win, without being a pro corean kiddie. But obviously in the 11/11 losses in my Volibear game, something went wrong. I question here the matchmaking, that put me on purpose in mean matchups, that I couldn't win. Also I am not supposed to improve and improve and improve, because I am trying to have fun in casual games. But when I see these aggressive enemies, that rape and rape and rape, I don't see any fun in being raped. I am more of a calm nature, since I am a competitive chess player, and yes people: Chess is about 5 million times better than lol, because you can really blame yourself and learn from your mistakes. But in lol, the pure truth is, that there are many more factors that determine over loss and victory, than just your behaviour. You are just 10% in a game.

Again, stop making the same korean tryhard argument, it's getting old and only 14 year olds keep sticking with it. If you don't want to improve at the game, then I'm afraid to tell you, that no you're not going to get anywhere in the game, no matter what champion you play. You can play for fun, yes, but you're not going to get anywhere and spending any money on the game is not going to help you.

Proxava wrote:
The other guy, Tam Kench, got raped on top lane several times, I tried to gank with him at some point, but enemy could flash, Tahm Kench couldn't hit his cc on him, so we lost the gank. I tried to gank again, but then their jungler came and we had to leave the lane. So TK was demotivated after I don't know 30minutes and put all blue crystals. One guy pointed out what he is doing, and I was confused at first, but then realised the humour behind this and tried to convince the others to do it to. Being really far behind is one thing, and I think comeback is possible, but it requires for the enemy to do several mistakes, i.e. overextending, initiating elder, baron wrong time. None of this happened, and so I didn't see a point continuing fighting. Against a good team, that has a far lead, there is literally nothing left to do, but to surrender. It's similar like in chess: If you lose the queen without any exchange for it against a good player, you just give up. It's called respect.

People makes mistakes in your elo, in any elo. That's basically set in stone, I don't even want to argue about it because there's no point, it's already a proven fact. Only difference is that when you start to get higher into the game, mistakes will start to become less and less because both you and everyone else is starting to become better at the game.

Proxava wrote:
I don't know, if you also are crushed now eleven times in a row? You know, my problem is, that I don't feel forced to learn something from my eleven losses (however as already mentioned, I learned some things), because it is not my mistake to lose eleven times in a row. It's the mistake of Riot. Something like this Blizzard would never allow. In my whole 1000 hours of hots, this never happened. Losses in chess make you stronger, because you exactly analyse the game, and see what went wrong. Losses in lol make you feel bad, and don't teach you very much, because you are only the 10% of the game that doesn't change very much. For example in my ranked games, I was always carried and didn't do very much on the mid lane. But at least I won and I loss, and now I only lose. Very fair, gg Riot.

I have gone on a 17 loss streak multiple times in a row, and sometimes even more than that, likewise I have gone on the same kinds of win streaks multiple times, has that ever stopped me from continuing to play the game that I actually enjoy? No. Will losing 500 games of valorant in a row stop someone from playing valorant? No, if they enjoy the game and enjoy playing it, they will keep playing it. The game is fun, no matter if they lose or win, because they're learning something from it. In your case, you're refusing to learn and you only want to blame it on everyone else being better, and that is technically your own fault.

Proxava wrote:
You can't look into the eyes of something that doesn't even show its face. I am sure, we don't know the exacty way how Riot deals with matchmaking in lol, and they won't tell. In contrast to chess, where it is clear (Swiss system in tournaments), how matchmaking works, and it is extremely fair. Probably the most fair matchmaking in all the games there are. After round 1 of a chess tournament you almost always face an opponent of similar strength. Sadly same doesn't apply for lol. Even after playing 100 games of lol, it still didn't calculate my strength properly and puts me with people of much higher skill level at random. Blame the smurfs, kiddies or Riot, but not me.
No lol player needs to put me down, I don't want need this. I am not ready to learn from players of 20 skill levels higher than me, by letting them rape me from all possible sides. I don't see the point of this. I want to learn from players of similar strength or perhaps a bit higher, because I can actually follow their ideas and recover from a kill of them and later in the game perhaps strike back. But against a super strong enemy, there is nothing like strike back. Even after say 10 games against this enemy. Or 100. Doesn't matter. Game over.

Chess in comparison to LoL has nothing to do with eachother, they're 2 completely different games altogether. Whilst some mindsets in chess you can apply to LoL, it's not the same games, this argument is useless. Even if we're going to go with this argument. Let's talk about the chess website you can use to play chess online vs other players. If you're rated as a 500 player, you're going to face players rated 600 and above, why? Because surprise surprise the chess website also has an algorithm that puts you against players that are better than you because it thinks that you're a better chess player than your current rating. If you ignore that and lose the games because you lack knowledge of chess, it will lower your rating, very shocking indeed.
Thanks to Janitsu for the sig!
Tauricus2017
<Veteran>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 21, 2020 8:48am | Report
Can't say anything more. Fruxo nailed it here...

Thanks to jhoi for the sig
Proxava
<Member>
Proxava's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 21, 2020 1:56pm | Report
Personally the posts got a bit too long from my side, so I try to break down quickly to the main points. Therefore I also summarise your post to my understanding, feel free to correct me.

You claim, that I deny "the truth" that not everybody that is better than me, is a Corean tryhard.
I agree. My point is, that in the 11 games with Volibear some of the enemy players felt like Corean tryhards. I don't care if they actually are Corean tryhards or not, but I care about how I felt in these games. I tried to search explanations for the bad situation of losing 11/11 Volibear games.

You claim, that owning more champs is not giving an advantage.
I disagree. Maybe the bulk of players sticks with one champ. But I am not like this, and I definetely don't want to spend a year or what, finding out via free rotation which champ I favour the most. Time is very limited in my life, and thus the harsh reality is, this game is tailored to be a game that you have to play a lot, in order to achieve anything. This is not the case with other games like chess or say Minecraft, where you enjoy the game from the very first minute. In Minecraft not knowing the mechanics even makes the game more interesting. Completely in contrast with lol, where not knowing the mechanics makes you have nightmares of corean rapists. The advantage of having a lot of champs is, that at any given point in your progression, you can freely switch and play which ever mood you have and which ever counters the enemy matchup the best, if you have last pick.

You claim, that Volibear is probably not the right champ for me.
I guess, that is true to some extent. But I didn't feel in these 11 games, that I was bad in the jungle, not at all. I did some mistakes, but on my skill level that is allowed. My point is, that it was unfair losing 11 games, even though I liked to play Volibear, and in each of the games I had the feeling, I will win this game, because I could almost always achieve an early lead.

You claim, that improving at the game, is the only way to enjoy it.
Well if that is how lol works, then I definetly quit. I want to remain on my skill level and improve as slowly or go down as I feel. As already mentioned, I dislike the idea of being forced to "climb". I don't care if lol puts me versus slightly stronger, or slightly weaker opponents. I guess this is inavoidable. But the fact that in these 11 Volibear games my opponents were crushing, or at least some of them, let's me completely disappointed. It's not even important, if they actualy were crushing, or if they actually just had a good game and were fed on their lane. But it felt like they were crushing and this 11 times in a row. This is impossible or have you ever had 11 tails in 11 fair coin tosses? You can try it and tell me how many times it happened. :-)

You claim, that you can't compare chess and lol.
I agree. In chess you have no smurfs, because the rating system is much better. Only after few games (<10) you are precisely in the skill level that you belong. In lol it doesn't seem the case very much. But both games have a similar rating system, called elo. Some idea that I completely don't understand is, why lol is so focussed on win/loss. It completely ignores your personal performance. You also only get a reasonable amount of xp for a win. And only 1st-vic-of-day-BE for a win. In the games you are about to lose, you can do what you want, it won't change a thing for rewards. You will not lose less MMR if you perform really well, even though the rest of the team is garbage. In my eyes personal performance should be taken into account for everything (be it MMR, XP or BE) than win/loss. Of course the main weight should still be win/loss as otherwise we only have selfish players. But as for now it seems to be only about win/loss, which makes solo players look pretty stupid.

You claimed at several points, that in casual winning or losing doesn't matter.
Maybe for some people it doesn't. But the harsh reality shows that lol only rewards you for winning. For losing it doesn't. Also losing over and over again demotivates. Also winning fast against a weak team is nothing interesting. So the interest should always be to make the games as even as possible, but this didn't happen in my 11 Volibear games.

You claim, to know how the matchmaking algorithm works.
Any proofs? Any references? It's not what I felt in my 11 losses with Volibear. As mentioned already there is a smaller than 0.01% chance to lose 11 times with the same champ. It didn't happen by chance, it must have happened on purpose. That's why I came to the conlcusion that they have a mean matchmaking algorithm.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide