Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

I have found troll votes on the site, can I get...

Creator: Matt January 27, 2011 1:21pm

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 7, 2011 7:30pm | Report
Thanks Matt, I got a lot from that ^_^

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 7, 2011 8:03pm | Report
From now on, what I think imma do when I come across a troll vote is say:

"Co za asy?"

xD

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 7, 2011 10:30pm | Report
If you become as obnoxious as the supposed trolls, then what do we do with you? :)
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 7, 2011 11:27pm | Report
LOL xD

Well, you can't do anything, since co za asy is my opinion, correct? :)
Bloofyre wrote:
May a squadron of beautiful vaginas find their way to your crotch by day's end.

Satarin
<Member>
Satarin's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 8, 2011 11:55am | Report
DEWO wrote:

Remember if you are a guide writer... you are doing it for others not for the score. If you want a score only, i dont think this is a place for you.

I applaud you for this comment DEWO, and it could not be more true.

Would I like I high rating? Yes, but just to know that I have helped people.

Am I satisfied with just one person sending me a post about how much the guide? Yes

The irony is that all these people complaining about "Troll votes" are now trollin' themselves. This site is not a competition, but a place for true fans of LOL to help other fans.

@Matt We appreciate your hard work to assist members with their troubles. Like you said, since most investigations turn out to be nothing, people need to relax. Every site will always have somebody trollin'...
V/r

Satarin

Please don't forget to check out my guides...Vote, comment and Rep me as you see fit:
Vladimir

Hope I helped you out!!!
Soronto
<Member>
Soronto's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 20, 2011 8:25am | Report
So, you want me to think that if someone posts comment like "lol", ".", or "haha" just to down vote me it means that it shows his opinion about the guide? It just means that someone is bored and wanted to ruin my score... I know, I know, I made my guide for people, not for the score, and I would accept 1 troll vote... that's ok, happens... but how about when like 25% comments are troll comments? Sth is wrong here...
Yeah, I totally agree with wRAthoFVuLK. Your rules tell us that I can post a comment like "the weather is not really nice today, so I will downvote your guide. Good day to you, sir" and you can't do anything, because that comment "shows my opinion". Wait, what? oO
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 20, 2011 8:41am | Report
He didn't come to comment on your guide, he came to state his opinion by voting. You forced him to comment when he didn't want to, and so you got a useless comment. You can't force people to say something meaningful, and just because they still can't be bothered to do so when you DO try to force them doesn't mean their vote is invalid.
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 20, 2011 8:48am | Report
This topic has been talked to death already. I've already made a post about this, and I REALLY didn't want to make another, but it seems like I'll have to.

Consider our previous system, where you didn't have to comment to vote. A guide maker could go to sleep one night with his guide resting at 10/10 and wake up the next morning to a 12/20 guide, not knowing who or where the hell the downvotes came from.

This system has drastically reduced the number of downvotes people have received. Before, a good guide was one that broke 80%. Now the average score in the top 10 is around 90%. So the system does a better job of stopping downvotes than the one we had before.

And honestly, what do you recommend we do about downvotes? Delete them? No matter how troll they are, we can't censor them.

Example: Let's take, oh, the 2008 elections. Plenty of people probably didn't vote for Obama or McCain for reasons that, if were made public, would be considered "troll". But the government doesn't censor these - they reflect the opinion of the American community, and cannot be discounted.

Likewise, MOBAFire's voting system is democratic, and relies on the opinions of everyone. If a troll downvotes your guide, too bad. He's still a part of the community, and more importantly, a part of the LoL community.

If we did censor every troll vote on this site, every guide would be a reflection of the opinion of not the community, but the veterans and guide makers and moderators who delete what they consider to be "bad" votes. That's not a good thing.

TL;DR - everyone deals with troll votes, and we can't remove them. Get used to it.
Crazy Smurf
<Member>
Crazy Smurf's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 21, 2011 12:22am | Report
http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/vladimir-the-immortal-hemomancer-65351
I bet Post #2 is an obvious troll vote and so I'd be pleased if it could be removed.
- Witcher 1 and 2 Collecter Editions - Best RPGs in tha World -
DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 21, 2011 12:36am | Report

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/vladimir-the-immortal-hemomancer-65351
I bet Post #2 is an obvious troll vote and so I'd be pleased if it could be removed.

You made a new topic about it and eventho you got instructed to visit this thread you still didnt get the idea.

Let me clear it for you:

Quoted:
Further, there are a number of situations commonly reported as "troll votes" that we will NOT take action against. This includes (but is not limited to);

1) Voter did not provide a valid defense or explanation (meaningless comments).

Nothing will be done against this user. By clicking Comment to vote you forced him to write an explanation. He didnt want to. So he did a meaningless comment. His right. And i will say it again and again

Quoted:

Remember if you are a guide writer... you are doing it for others not for the score. If you want a score only, i dont think this is a place for you.
Did i help you? Click that +Rep

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the sig!

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide