Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

I have found troll votes on the site, can I get...

Creator: Matt January 27, 2011 1:21pm

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 10, 2011 8:12pm | Report
Maybe he did read your guide and didn't really like it, and didn't feel like leaving a comment but wanted to vote still? You forced him to leave a comment and he was annoyed so he replied in kind and left a rude comment.

We just can't go around deleting votes on a whim. As Jebus said, if they're not cheating, they are allowed to vote freely. It's just one vote. If the guide is great, then all the other + votes will render it moot.
Furber
<Member>
Furber's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 11, 2011 2:27pm | Report
If one person is allowed to go around -1'ing builds only for the sake of making you angry, with no intended opinion of your build, only for the purpose of sadism, if this person is allowed to do this and get away freely and not be banned from the site and have his countless -1's removed, then this system is clearly broken.
My #1 Guides:
Malzahar, Nasus, Cassiopeia

My #2 Guides:
Karma, Trundle

Dominion Guides:
Malzahar, Riven
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 11, 2011 6:45pm | Report
Like it or not, most of the guides around here are downvoted by what many would consider "troll" comments. Yet we can't go around deleting any vote that seems "trollish" to us. Who are we to decide the intentions of a person, no matter how obvious it may seem? A vote that says "I like some other style better" is still the opinion of a user - a vote that says "this champ is bad" is still the opinion of another user, even if he can't accurately or intelligently express his intentions - and a vote that says "TROLOLOLOLO" is STILL the opinion of a user, regardless of what anyone else may feel.

Again, TL;DR:
It's not up to us to decide what votes stay and what votes are deleted. A system where veterans and moderators essentially rule over all guide ratings is even more "broken" than how you feel the current one to be.
Shadow-twin
<Member>
Shadow-twin's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 4, 2011 7:03am | Report
I got a downvote for "i failed to jungle :/" ... I mean it's not really troll... But kinda annoying since I went through how to jungle probably AND mentioned it could be hard :-(
"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience." -Julius Caesar

Aka, we all love a pro tank
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 7, 2011 5:19pm | Report
Matt wrote:

If the guide is great, then all the other + votes will render it moot.

But people get so many troll votes on like every guide that it DOES affect the score.

and what if you looked @ the person's profile and their activity record is all -1-ing top guides? You STILL wouldn't do anything? :(

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Xaioli
<Veteran>
Xaioli's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 7, 2011 5:28pm | Report

But people get so many troll votes on like every guide that it DOES affect the score.

and what if you looked @ the person's profile and their activity record is all -1-ing top guides? You STILL wouldn't do anything? :(

And this is one of the and only reasons why I slightly-dislike Mobafire. People are too obsessed with scores. Scores,scores,scores. I'll confess, I do care about it a bit, so that's why I have the Comment to Vote option on. Regardless if the profile has all -1's, it's their personal opinion whether it's trolling or not. Oh well, just go on with life. Be glad your score is higher than most of the other builds on Mobafire.

DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 7, 2011 5:35pm | Report

Yup. Its freedom of speech/votes. If som1 feels to downvote whole site. It is his will to do so as far as he doesnt do that from multiple accounts created by the same person which administrators can check.

We could get back to old system if you want, with only +1 +1 +1 +1 when none new guides would EVER get noticed, coz the older the guide the more +1 it gets and so on so on.

Remember if you are a guide writer... you are doing it for others not for the score. If you want a score only, i dont think this is a place for you.
Did i help you? Click that +Rep

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the sig!
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 7, 2011 5:51pm | Report
DEWO wrote:

Remember if you are a guide writer... you are doing it for others not for the score.

I realize this, but people don't notice the help that you provide if it gets dved too much :S

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 7, 2011 5:51pm | Report
*unless it was already popular*

Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 7, 2011 7:12pm | Report
If someone is really being obnoxious with their voting, we can look in to it. However that is quite rare and they usually get bored pretty quick regardless. 99.999999999% of the time someone asks me to investigate a voter for cheating, I find that they are NOT cheating and the accuser is just being paranoid.

In the end, if it happens to you then it's happening to everyone else. So while you may find your score slightly lower due to it... So does everyone else, and as such your overall rank - for the sake of exposure and helping others with your guide - will not be affected.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide