Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

I'll Just Leave This Here. :) | TheLoebern96

Creator: Sevinho April 15, 2012 1:39pm
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2012 6:48pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

Things that guides can't be taken down for:
1) Being out of date but just refreshed every month so the freshness goes back to Fresh

Are you sure? I thought Matt said to report authors that refreshed their guides repeatedly without making any changes. It was when the freshness system was implemented. Pretty sure he said he doubted it would be an issue, but to report any guide maker that was refreshing their guide without actually updating it.

I could be wrong though.
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!
Infectious Lepar
<Member>
Infectious Lepar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2012 7:13pm | Report
@Jai
Yeah, word for word is really the only issue as far as plagiarism goes.
My art teacher once told me that a lot of the best art is inspired by other works. So long as it is not an exact copy which someone else takes credit for, it's just a new work.

@Psi
I'm sure that your onto something there with refreshing, but that probably has nothing to do with this guy's problem.
If I have helped you in some way, or you enjoyed my work some "Rep" would be nice ;)
Acid Reigns
<Member>
Acid Reigns's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2012 7:18pm | Report
@Lepar no the best art is in the form of works such as: The polar bear in the snowstorm, the blue whale in the ocean, the bat at night, etc :D
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2012 7:46pm | Report
Psi: I PM'd Matt about several guides, but nothing was done about them, so I stand by my previous statement that cheating the Freshness system does not get the guide archived. And to my knowledge, no warnings get sent out either. (Back when I brought it up in October last year - guide hasn't changed since then, from what I can remember)
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by me ♡
Infectious Lepar
<Member>
Infectious Lepar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2012 9:01pm | Report
@acid
Not my words, but they make a decent point. So good-luck expressing your views to my prof via this forum :P

@Psi/jai
It would make sense that you cant remove a guide for simply refreshing it-self, some guides you can't justify making changes during every patch; for example, Jai's guide about making guides.
If I have helped you in some way, or you enjoyed my work some "Rep" would be nice ;)
Sevinho
<Member>
Sevinho's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2012 10:37pm | Report
I was gone for a bit so I couldn't reply earlier. Most of TheLoebern96's "guide" is from Balrox's guide. And just by a couple glances you can see it's pretty much all C & P. Like the closing chapter and the "little helpers" chapter exact copies, and he even forgot to change Balrox's name to his own.

TheLoebern96: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/rankedplank-202873

Balrox: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/gangplank-wait-where-did-their-health-go-full-o-facts-98004

Please Check Out My Gangplank Guide By Clicking On My Sig

If I up-vote and comment on your guide please return the favor! :)
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2012 10:57pm | Report
Sevinho wrote:

he even forgot to change Balrox's name to his own.

This is the type of person that plagiarizes guides, rofl.
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
Sevinho
<Member>
Sevinho's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2012 11:34pm | Report
So that's good enough proof I assume.

Please Check Out My Gangplank Guide By Clicking On My Sig

If I up-vote and comment on your guide please return the favor! :)
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2012 11:35pm | Report
Infectious: When items that are in the build + game changes + actual champion ability changes occur and the guide hasn't been edited to reflect these changes, and yet the guide remains #1 - these are the types of guides I am talking about.

My guide about making a guide doesn't need to change often, as the coding doesn't change, it's virtually set in stone. When mechanisms are added to the site, I'll update the guide, such as when the wiki will come out, and if spoiler tags ever come out etc.

Sevin: I'll report it.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by natuhlee ♡
Acid Reigns
<Member>
Acid Reigns's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2012 3:05am | Report
@Lepar YES! HE WILL KNOW MY OPINIONS, AND HE SHALL LEARN OF THEIR GREATNESS THROUGH THIS FORUM!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide