Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

It would seem 'Freshness' isn't updated on...

Creator: JunSupport October 19, 2011 10:23pm
1 2
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 19, 2011 10:23pm | Report
I've bee tinkering with some drafts over the past few days, and a lot of them stay "Expired"

Is this intended?
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 19, 2011 11:14pm | Report
Well, they don't have a publish date if you never published them (the date will actually be "0000-00-00 00:00:00"). So it's not really correct nor is it incorrect :) If you were to publish it, it would appear as fresh. I could fix it so that if the guide has never been published it says fresh but, it doesn't really affect anything since the only person that will see it is the author.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 19, 2011 11:19pm | Report
I would keep it expired. Expired and unpublished guides don't show up in the regular filter. Changing it to 'fresh' would give the illusion that it's actually available to the community.

I realize in practicality this makes absolutely zero difference. It's more of an incredibly minor sub-conscious thing. The expired symbol is kinda like "Hey, nobody looks at your guide, you should update/publish it."
Thanks to Janitsu for the sig!
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 20, 2011 3:39pm | Report
What about people who have a seriously expired guide, but just hit publish to get it fresh again? Is there anything we can do about that?
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by me ♡
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 20, 2011 3:51pm | Report
Not really. The only requirement for refreshing a guide IS publishing it. If you required changes, people would just add one letter or something. I don't see a way around that without hurting people who actually update their guide regularly.

Expired guides mean the authors have not bothered to make any changes for quite a long time, or have left Mobafire completely. I think the expiration feature is doing its job.
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 20, 2011 4:02pm | Report
Is it a big problem if authors 'update' their guide by adding a letter, anyway?
I might sound naïve but it's still quite obvious if a guide is truly outdated isn't it? :|

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 20, 2011 4:24pm | Report
If you spot a guide that is doing this - totally out of date but the author keeps bumping it - you can report it and we'll take a look. As PsiGuard said, there's nothing we can really do that wouldn't be easy for the author to cheat through, and we'd just be making it a pain in the *** for the honest authors.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 20, 2011 4:36pm | Report
Just out of curiosity, I have guides for champs that have not changed for quite a few patches. Udyr, Nasus, Karma. Is it okay if I just re-publish as long as it's still relevant?
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 20, 2011 5:37pm | Report
Yeah, as long as there is nothing outdated. If all your info still applies then it's fine. It's only really a problem if changes to items/abilities/other champions make your builds and strategies less effective. In which case you should update them to account for this before publishing again.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 20, 2011 5:50pm | Report
Wayne, it's easy for us, people who are actually part of this community and learn from each other to know when a guide is expired. But new people, coming to the site and viewing a seriously outdated guide and trying to follow it because it is labelled incorrectly as Ideal/Fresh... :/ Do you see what I mean?

I know there isn't a way around it, as some authors deliberately publish the guide without changing the information to refresh the freshness filter... but yeah. Ah well. ^^
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by arrizen ♡
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide