Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

What are Veterans? How do I become one?

Creator: Matt October 12, 2010 11:44am

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 12, 2011 9:11pm | Report
yes we can jhoi

we can updated everything except things such as if an ability got a new name, etc.

OK now I don't want to come off blunt or rude, but I am going to give answers, don't hurt me.

1. The reason you guys are not vets:

-Well, for one, (@Nighthawk) jhoi did the sigs and reviews before you, and the last vet update happened before you even started your threads, and vet updated only occur around 3-4 times a year, from what I've seen.

-Let's talk about, say, the support forum. New play help. etc. And let's use jhoi and I for example. I stalk every ****ing subforum on this site. People have questions, I ALWAYS answer them if I can. Jhoi, likewise, she just doesn't stalk the forums as much as I xD Same with Jun, Trojan, they always post in help wanted threads, and, specifically Jun, is our site LoL happenings updater, per se.

Nighthawk? I never see you post anywhere, really, except random places here and there and the build section for your thread.

Same with Nameless, she basically only participates in sig subforum and off topic.

Lugi, well, he gets around :P

Personally I think he is the closest to becoming a vet on this site atm (from non-vets), but unfortunately as mentioned before, vet updates don't happen too often :/

-not as much anymore, but I used to comment on guides and give lists of feedback just as jhoi does. I never see you guys (Lug and NH and Nameless) comment on guides, etc. could just be different guides though, idk

-Guides. Having a prominent guide on the site helps becoming a vet as well. Jhoi? Ashe. Me? Kat, Malz. Jun? Heimer.

Think about it, almost EVERY vet has at least one prominent guide; from the top of my head:

Apoth: Tryn
Hyper: Aniv
Six: Tarique
HeAt: Kayle, Kat
Goolash: Xin
Xai: Temmo, Twitch, Nid
Jun: Heimer
Me: Kat
Jhoi: Ashe
Trojan: Tristi, Maokai
Restrict: Udyr
Scrax: Janna
Adonikam: Mundo
Jebus: Amumu, 5 champs you should know how to play, LeBlanc, etc.
Searez: Urgot, Runes
DEWO: Holy **** too many to count T_T In particular, Yi, WW, Irelia
Chaotic: erm...CREATIVITY!
Mowen: New player FAQ
Alharic: Tarique

You see the trend? Only vets I can think of that don't have extremely prominent guides are Shrillex, B-wrong, and caucheka.

That is a big part of becoming a vet, trust me.

all I can really think of at the moment, but you get the idea.

If you continue being active, helpful, getting AROUND the forums, and try to release at least one prominent guide (if it is REALLY good, it WILL get prominent, PM me/jhoi to take a look at it, we can double rec it <3), you will get noticed and become a vet eventually.

2. There is cake in the vet forums, it is NOT a lie, I repeat it is NOT a lie.

But seriously, currently we are discussing ********* and *********

****, it bleeps out automatically, it is so secret :P

Nah but actually, not much activity in them, the basically only partially active thread in the vet subforums are about champion stat database updates. We are almost done! :D

And stuff like discussing what should happen when Dominion comes out, etc.

btw that "some guy" was me Lugi

and no I'm not Lugi T_T

l0l

ALSO, if you find any database errors, that is what the database subforum is for :)

notice the long, helpful post? :DDDD

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 12, 2011 9:20pm | Report
I'm not a guide person. I don't vote on guides that I don't have the champ for. I probably should though. Just point out flawed things.

Also, you did that too? Well... I should have even less rep then...
True love is found only in yourself.
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 12, 2011 9:23pm | Report
Well, maybe that is a reason...?

and...did that TOO?

I just remember repping you a lot for some reason

:D

+Rep for being Lugi

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Bryun
<Magic Man>
Bryun's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 12, 2011 10:13pm | Report
Hey review me too.
Be blunt, I want to see how you portray me. :]

wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 12, 2011 11:12pm | Report
basically like the other guys

you don't get around much

Bryun
<Magic Man>
Bryun's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 12, 2011 11:17pm | Report

basically like the other guys

you don't get around much

o das it?

wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 12, 2011 11:18pm | Report
I mean, I only really see your posts in sigs or build discussion or off topic, sometimes general; try going in the newb and intro forums and helping people out! ;D

Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 13, 2011 3:19pm | Report

yes we can jhoi

we can updated everything except things such as if an ability got a new name, etc.

OK now I don't want to come off blunt or rude, but I am going to give answers, don't hurt me.

1. The reason you guys are not vets:

-Well, for one, (@Nighthawk) jhoi did the sigs and reviews before you, and the last vet update happened before you even started your threads, and vet updated only occur around 3-4 times a year, from what I've seen.

-Let's talk about, say, the support forum. New play help. etc. And let's use jhoi and I for example. I stalk every ****ing subforum on this site. People have questions, I ALWAYS answer them if I can. Jhoi, likewise, she just doesn't stalk the forums as much as I xD Same with Jun, Trojan, they always post in help wanted threads, and, specifically Jun, is our site LoL happenings updater, per se.

Nighthawk? I never see you post anywhere, really, except random places here and there and the build section for your thread.

Same with Nameless, she basically only participates in sig subforum and off topic.

Lugi, well, he gets around :P

Personally I think he is the closest to becoming a vet on this site atm (from non-vets), but unfortunately as mentioned before, vet updates don't happen too often :/

-not as much anymore, but I used to comment on guides and give lists of feedback just as jhoi does. I never see you guys (Lug and NH and Nameless) comment on guides, etc. could just be different guides though, idk

-Guides. Having a prominent guide on the site helps becoming a vet as well. Jhoi? Ashe. Me? Kat, Malz. Jun? Heimer.

Think about it, almost EVERY vet has at least one prominent guide; from the top of my head:

Apoth: Tryn
Hyper: Aniv
Six: Tarique
HeAt: Kayle, Kat
Xai: Temmo, Twitch, Nid
Jun: Heimer
Me: Kat
Jhoi: Ashe
Trojan: Tristi, Maokai
Restrict: Udyr
Scrax: Janna
Adonikam: Mundo
Jebus: Amumu, 5 champs you should know how to play, LeBlanc, etc.
Searez: Urgot, Runes
DEWO: Holy **** too many to count T_T In particular, Yi, WW, Irelia
Chaotic: erm...CREATIVITY!
Mowen: New player FAQ
Alharic: Tarique

You see the trend? Only vets I can think of that don't have extremely prominent guides are Shrillex, B-wrong, and caucheka.

That is a big part of becoming a vet, trust me.

all I can really think of at the moment, but you get the idea.

If you continue being active, helpful, getting AROUND the forums, and try to release at least one prominent guide (if it is REALLY good, it WILL get prominent, PM me/jhoi to take a look at it, we can double rec it <3), you will get noticed and become a vet eventually.

2. There is cake in the vet forums, it is NOT a lie, I repeat it is NOT a lie.

But seriously, currently we are discussing ********* and *********

****, it bleeps out automatically, it is so secret :P

Nah but actually, not much activity in them, the basically only partially active thread in the vet subforums are about champion stat database updates. We are almost done! :D

And stuff like discussing what should happen when Dominion comes out, etc.

btw that "some guy" was me Lugi

and no I'm not Lugi T_T

l0l

ALSO, if you find any database errors, that is what the database subforum is for :)

notice the long, helpful post? :DDDD

Alright, thanks for the help.

Although I will now reply to that. ^^

1) I know that too. Was just joking really, I don't expect to be a vet, I just want to work towards it.
2) I don't generally post tons of the forum, I do post in random places/discussions to help out, but I practically stalk the guides and builds on Mobafire. I pretty much own that place lol.
3) Like I said before, I post a lot on different guides around the forum. Not necessarily for a specific champion, but for whatever I see most recent. I don't however post a lot on guides that are doing real well/aren't new, and that's why you don't see me.
4) Well sure it can help you, yet Matt expressly stated that you don't have to be high elo or have a good guide to be a Vet. Please nao explain to me how the two go together?
5) Great, I love being in on secrets like the vet forum :P
6) And just one more thing. I know Chaotic is well, chaotic, and I don't know if you knew this but I am proud to be just as chaotic as he is, we have our own site which I designed, and although I haven't released them I do actually have like 10 guides in the making that I just never work on lol.

Thanks for the help though. I'll go stalk the database forum now that I know it's there >.>

Jesus promised the end of all wicked people.
Odin promised the end of all ice giants.
I don't see many ice giants around.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 13, 2011 3:54pm | Report
Wrath, there's not need for long-*** comments like these D:

They'll become vets when they deserve it :)
"Nothing says I like you more than letting you drink my filtered urine." - deityignis

"MY WHOLE LIFE IS A WANK." - WTTNHK

"There are boobs...LOTS OF BOOBS. And then Obama comes out of no where." - JEFFY40HANDS, on Air Gear
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 13, 2011 4:13pm | Report
You can even write a perfect guide. If it is overlooked or just downvoted by trolls, you don't get noticed so you don't be a veteran^^.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide