Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

What are Veterans? How do I become one?

Creator: Matt October 12, 2010 11:44am

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 12, 2011 3:02pm | Report
If I recall correctly, I think Jhoi got the quickest vet status, she got it in like 3 months I think.

Ready to be reviewed?
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 12, 2011 3:06pm | Report
Nighthawk wrote:

If I recall correctly, I think Jhoi got the quickest vet status, she got it in like 3 months I think.

5~ more like it.

Joined close to the same time as me.
Tri lane for life.
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 12, 2011 3:08pm | Report
We have no specific rules about how long you have to be a member :) It only matters what you do in that time. We have many users that have been around a long, long time that are still not Vets. You have to earn the status.
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 12, 2011 3:51pm | Report
Yea, did you see all that jhoi did? The review thread, sigs, her guides, etc.

And overall a very helpful and nice person :)

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 12, 2011 6:38pm | Report
<3 Wrath. Also, I joined a while ago, but I didn't actually start participating in the forums until I released my Ashe guide ^^

Also, I believe I was in the right place at exactly the right time. The site needed some more vets to help out around here, and four of us got promoted. It believe it had been a long time since a vet promotion :)
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by natuhlee ♡
Bryun
<Magic Man>
Bryun's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 12, 2011 6:41pm | Report
Matt wrote:

Note that Veterans DO NOT achieve their status by:

• Being a top ELO player.
  • Having the highest rated guides.
  • Having a high post count.
  • Asking to be vets.

I love that rule so much because it's funny how some people in this forum think they deserve a veteran status just because they post a lot.

I just think to myself, "was more than half of those posts helpful in any way?".

Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 12, 2011 6:49pm | Report
Bryun wrote:

I love that rule so much because it's funny how some people in this forum think they deserve a veteran status just because they post a lot.

I just think to myself, "was more than half of those posts helpful in any way?".

I'm not disagreeing with you or anything, but it's kind of un realistic to expect someone like Lugi (3k posts) or Nameless (2k posts) to have over half their posts be helpful. Sometimes people just want to do other things like chill in the off topic section or w/e. Or in Lugi's case, spam game threads like hurt or heal :P

Also not asking to be a vet (probs don't deserve it, idk) but I have the same stuff Jhoi does (sig shop, review thread) :P

Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 12, 2011 6:54pm | Report
Lol at me.
I wanna be vet. I don't entirely deserve it but, I think like... ~500 of my posts are anywhere near helpful.
I should have only like, 100 rep too but some guy +rep-ed me for like a month.
EDIT: If I was a vet, I wouldn't do much other than update the DB and free champs. I'd still be around though. :p
Bryun
<Magic Man>
Bryun's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 12, 2011 7:00pm | Report
Nighthawk wrote:

I'm not disagreeing with you or anything, but it's kind of un realistic to expect someone like Lugi (3k posts) or Nameless (2k posts) to have over half their posts be helpful. Sometimes people just want to do other things like chill in the off topic section or w/e. Or in Lugi's case, spam game threads like hurt or heal :P

Also not asking to be a vet (probs don't deserve it, idk) but I have the same stuff Jhoi does (sig shop, review thread) :P

Yeah, I guess I exaggerated the amount of helpfulness that should be contributed, but I meant have they done anything that made an actual impact on MobaFire?
You are doing a fine job so far but it's not really anything 'new'. (Maybe I'm just upset you haven't reviewed my guide yet :3) But I see how many you have to do and rules should be implemented to limit the amount of reviews.

Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 12, 2011 7:02pm | Report
I wanna be a vet too...sometimes i've seen guides that if I was a vet I could rec and get more attention to those that are good. That would be nice, I think, although I like practically never vote on any guides so I wouldn't vet rec tons either.

It'd be nice to fix some of the bugs in moba too (last time I checked sona still had no specifics in her skillset, for example)

EDIT:

I don't really mind reviewing tons of guides in my review thread. Of course it gets tedious but it can be fun too. The only reason I don't do it a lot is I have 7 hours a day to go on my laptop. If I eat supper, that's 6 hours. In 6 hours, there's only so much time to review guides (I can do about 2 guides an hour) and I like playing LoL too, and it goes for like an hr a game, so there's very little time to review guides if I play LoL too. I play hockey a lot too, which lasts for 2 hours, which means even less time.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide