Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

2000 elo jungle, top, mid player. AMA

Creator: throatslasher February 8, 2013 10:24am
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 20, 2013 3:53pm | Report
Mooninites wrote:

Darius

smash forehead on Q key, then drag forehead to the right

repeat process until enemy dies

no **** darius i dont wanna use him i refuse
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
Xiaowiriamu
<Veteran>
Xiaowiriamu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 21, 2013 9:42am | Report
Best 5 Junglers in my opinion
#1 Amumu - offers great CC for team, has great dominance and presence early,mid and late.
#2 Hecarim - one of the strongest junglers in late game, and also holds one of the best presence mid game. Decent CC, great initiation and deals heavy AOE damage. Recommend this champ to carry hard.
#3 Xin - insane ganks, and damage output early and mid, falls off late, but still has presence.
#4 Vi - Similar to Xin, falls off pretty easily though, not had much experience with Vi, but usually I win against one when it comes to late/mid game but XJ9 seems to pull this off quite easily.
#5 Nunu - insane counter jungler, great synergy with most team compositions, has nice utility, hard to master but when played right you'll start to understand why I've put this in top 5 ^_^

"Decent junglers"
#1 Lee - decent early but cant really carry in my opinion, i never lose vs a lee...I just wait till mid/late and he doesn't do anything useful.
#2 Darius - early/mid game dominance, decent jungle time - falls of late
#3 Maokai - similar to amumu except less presence, can easily be counted and made useless
#4 Olaf - shown to be the fastest jungler and statistically the best, but has struggled in s3 to make an impact
#5 Karthus - fast, can gank easily, prone to counter jungling, but once he hits 6 he can just farm-farm-farm and just press R when hes hitting golems or some ****, had some nice success with karthus jungle lately.
#6 Jarvan (thanks wrath:D)

Rofl junglers
#1 Nocturne - USELESS!!! I always lose with a Nocturne on my team, offers nothing to a team late game, lacks damage, has "alright" cc with fear but its not good enough. His ultimate is okay, but since he lacks damage his ganks are not the strongest. Whenever I see someone pick this champ, I always rage a little and think "you fear....then what?"
#2 Fiddlesticks - Easily counted and hard to get ultimate off
#3 Cho'gath - Decent in his own right but he struggles really hard early and mid game
#4 Shyvana - Same reasons as Nocturne, just useless.
#5 Warwick - Warwick still decent, but this isn't Season 1 anymore, theres much more better junglers, and most people know how to counter his ultimate, can easily be shutdown now.

Strange but works junglers:
#1 Poppy - has decent ganks and jungle clearence but suffers getting gold income in comparison to top. Still good in jungle though, won a few games as poppy jungle.
#2 Tryndamere - risky but if you can get fed early its pretty much GG [towerdiving after 6 is good too]
#3 Kayle - strong presence and jungle clearence
#4 Gragas - insane ganks after 6 and decent jungle clearence, easily counted though.
#5 Pantheon - simialr reasons to Gragas

Other junglers that work, but i don't recommend: Mundo, Singed Master Yi, Rammus, Volibear and Elise
Why? They're just better in lanes, simple as.
IceCreamy
<Veteran>
IceCreamy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 21, 2013 9:50am | Report
^ what about jungle Mundo/Olaf/Singed?

DuffTime wrote:
ok ok plz carry me omg
i was only waiting for you to ask

Temzilla wrote:
Too hot to be icecream.

Luther3000 wrote:
He looks like a hair gel advert on legs

Toshabi wrote:
Icecreamy, with hair as slick and smooth as the ocean waves of Cocobana
Xiaowiriamu
<Veteran>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 21, 2013 9:56am | Report
I talked about Olaf, as for the other two, i guess they're "decent" but really, they have no presence and ganking potential, especially singed who i'm gonna presume will have more worse jungle clearence than poppy. In other words, i forgot because they're not worth mentioning :D!!!

Although singed is a maniac top lane, just like Elise. I'll edit my post though, thanks :D
IceCreamy
<Veteran>
IceCreamy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 21, 2013 10:25am | Report
Derp, missed Olaf there :P

Thanks ^^

DuffTime wrote:
ok ok plz carry me omg
i was only waiting for you to ask

Temzilla wrote:
Too hot to be icecream.

Luther3000 wrote:
He looks like a hair gel advert on legs

Toshabi wrote:
Icecreamy, with hair as slick and smooth as the ocean waves of Cocobana
throatslasher
<Member>
throatslasher's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 21, 2013 12:11pm | Report
"so any tips on top laners i can use?"

Try Kayle, Rumble, and Nidalee, my personal favorite top laners.

"Who would you recommend as a viable jungler? Right now who's the most viable out of Lee Sin, Olaf, Cho'Gath and Maokai?"

They are all vaible. My personal go-to jungler is nocturne. High damage, high utility, great ganks at any level, decent mobility, great level 6. If he or your team falls behind, he does tend to stay behind.
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 21, 2013 12:43pm | Report
Forgot j4 xiao, he's in the top group 2

and you're pretty wrong about noc and cho, and nunu really isn't a top jungler. He's decent but if your team doesn't have a ton of damage you just lose late game since you have 2 supports.

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Xiaowiriamu
<Veteran>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 21, 2013 12:55pm | Report
Ah! Yes, forgot totally about jarvan, few others ive missed too but thanks :D

Coming from experience, comparing the decent junglers+my top 5, nocturne and cho just don't cut it, hard to explain, but i simply hate nocturne with a passion...just useless. As for nunu, i agree with what you're saying, but usually you'll find in late game you have 2 supports anyway, and nunu generally builds tanky, and his ultimate is a game changer. Along with his speed buff for ad carries and slow, he makes a really good meatshield and support for your ad carry, and with 2 supports its even better because its going to be harder for your opponents to reach your carries. Also i added "when played right you'll start to understand why I've put this in top 5 ^_^" because i alot of people mis-underestimate the true potential of nunu in jungle - you'll find in the majority of high level players' guide for junglers that Nunu is the "hardest difficulty" in terms of opponents, because he can really screw up your early game and counter-gank exceptionally well.
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 21, 2013 3:08pm | Report
It's true. Most nunu's I've played with are pretty trash but I played with GamersLegends last week and he was pretty useful. I still think you kinda have to end the game earlier if you have a nunu though.

Also Noc and Cho aren't in the top 5 or 6 but they are still really strong. Ninjaken got to challenger basically only playing Noc.

Oh also Volibear...he's seeing a lot of increased popularity right now and Snoopeh and Diamondprox are both beasting it up with him =o he's pretty stronk

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Xiaowiriamu
<Veteran>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 21, 2013 3:16pm | Report
There are some exceptions but 99% of the players picking nocturne, especially over in the EU servers are pathetically bad, not the player themselves, but just...please...pick a more useful jungler. Typically speaking i want to have the best chances of winning before the game starts, knowig my lack, my team will probably not understand even the basics of the game (Hence forth pinging my players back 24/7 and telling them where to gank, how to gank, what build to go etc. Even at platinum!) As for the pro's listed, they make most champions viable, usually because they have the experience and understanding of the game far greater than the average player. By this I mean, they know the limits of the champions they play and who they face. (E.g. If I faced a shaco jungle or hecarim jungle, i know the ins and outs of the champions, so i know what damage they can do, and how or wehn they may gank)

I guess i was speculating a lot of my reasoning, but the general census is there. Theres no question my top 5 is the 'Ideal' pick at the moment. Hecarim and Vi are causing havoc in the EU servers atm, and Xin... probably because they've seen me (^_^ j/k) or XJ9

As for volibear, ive had not much luck with him, hes really nice champ, and easy to learn, but hard to synergize with the right team. Heavy CC+ignite shuts him down fast, and if he doesnt do good early, hes kinda stuck for rest of game. Think he plays better top

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide