Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Answering questions considering ADC/Support....

Creator: Joxuu November 16, 2014 4:42am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 16, 2014 4:42am | Report
Soup.

Small intro for new Mobafireans;
Introduction

I got some extra time so I decided to see if this kind of thing was any useful. I can answer
questions like champion X viability, positioning, mechanics, gameplay, how X lane works etc.. you name it.

I also thought it would be good to include a video review thingy/service. This basically means
that you send me a video of preferably ranked gameplay and I will go through the video and
try to find things you should improve on. I can't download the videos so a youtube video
would be fine for example.

Cheers.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 16, 2014 4:46am | Report
Hello Joxuu!! Long time fan first time question asker!

Who do you think are the best/worst ADCs atm?
emoriam
<Veteran>
emoriam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 16, 2014 5:29am | Report
Hey Joxuu!

As an AD Carry how you play from behind and how do you catch up with farm if your are forced into a side lane to farm with no assistance by mates (how yo you play if you team is splitted up)?
Thanks to Aquilegia for this sig!
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 16, 2014 7:38am | Report
Omg such honour!

Best ADCs atm would be Lucian + Corki in soloQ. You can't have lane which requires help from other lanes and I feel like these two can farm when behind, clear minion waves, put aggression and deal with ganks pretty effectively.

If you have premade or teamranked, I would add Twitch + Kog'Maw in the list.

The worst ADCs would be Ashe, Quinn, Miss Fortune

@Emoriam

If you are really far behind there is very little you can do. You just basically want to pressure and clear any lane when you have the chance. Enemies usually go pressure mid lane so you have free time to farm in the bot lane. As soon as you lose vision of someone you can't duel (like if someone disappears from the mid lane), you want to shove fast and go back without getting caught.

By doing this you are slowly getting the items you need to be useful in fights. You are also forcing someone to come clear the minion wave so the rest of your team doesn't have to face 4vs5 situation. When someone you can't duel comes to the lane, you can just go clear jungle or recall for items. You can stay in the lane if you can duel the guy who comes to clear the minions but you need to know where rest of the enemy team is.

Eventually you want to group up when you can do something or if you're forced to group. If going to a lane to farm costs you too many objectives, you usually want to group up and hope for the enemy to make a mistake.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 19, 2014 2:12pm | Report
Heya Joxuu, what are your thoughts on Kalista?
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 19, 2014 5:18pm | Report
Soup.

Uhh. I have played Kalista on PBE and the experience there isn't that great with +200 ping.
In my opinion Kalista lacks proper escape and ultimate is often useless in initiations.
W doesn't have reliable damage source so you're left up with only doing damage with
Q + E. The ultimate + W do deal damage but you're dependant on your soulmate and
I can see lots of miscommunications happening.

Will be a better pick for duoQ but even then.. I don't really see the potential. The passive
kiting feels really weird and clonky until you get some attack speed. I can see sick plays
made with the passive (not in PBE tho due the lags lol) but that's pretty much it.

The main concern is that Kalista has no escape or a way to deal with current meta
ADC (when we compare the early-late game) or survive when getting jumped on.
I can't see a very rewarding late game compared to what the early game ~levels 1-8 look like.

Kalista's early game can be compared to the style of Ezreal where you need to land
Q to win initiations or to Twitch's where you need to stack AA to win a trade.
Either way, I see Kalista getting rekt by early game ADC's. Twitch still
would have late game but I don't think Kalista is good in the late game.

A problem has also arised where too much attack speed actually causes you to miss
auto attacks between passive jumps so standing still and auto attacking would
be better for DPS.

Small conclusion: Unique kiting abilities, requires proper usage of passive,
should do fine vs ADC with no mobility/burst or just no great 1v1 potential.
Most likely will lose vs burst champions and is weak against hard initiations.
Can't see proper late game and the early game doesn't make up for the lack of it.

I will spam Kalista soon after the release so I can make proper
valuation if Kalista will be worth picking or not. I will propably
make update here when the time comes.

cocfight
<Member>
cocfight's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 19, 2014 8:10pm | Report
Hello Mr. Joxxu

Let me start this post of my painting a quick picture. You queue up for a game and get to play ADC. The game starts you buy your fancy Doran's Blade and health pot, help your jungler tackle the scary buff monster and start farming up a storm the bottom lane. About six minutes into the intense bot lane csing you notice that your jungler, top and mid lane are starting to fall far behind their opposition.

As an ADC in this situation what do you typically do that seems to yield the best results/ is best for your team in the long run?
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 19, 2014 8:11pm | Report
Very indepth, good stuff. I wanted to try getting back into ADC and since I like the super Kitey ADC's like Ezreal and Vayne I thought Kalista might fit my preferences. Thanks for the insight.
Out Of Pancakes
<Inhouse Addict>
Out Of Pancakes's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 20, 2014 12:18am | Report
Gnar support.
Thoughts?
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 20, 2014 3:11am | Report
@Cocfight

Hello there. There is actually not much you can do if other lanes start to fall behind.
The first thing you would need to do is win your lane. Preferably you should play
champions that can win lane and still be useful in the late game.

I'll give few examples;

Win lane, carry team

Sometimes it's out of your limits

You will positively affect your team's mentality by winning the lane and overall you
need to stay positive/encourage your teammates. By winning your lane, you're giving all these
advantages for your team:

1. You don't need help so your jungler can help other lanes.
2. You can deal with other fed lanes and win team fights
3. You can give top laner tp gank possibility
4. Your mid laner can roam bottom more easily
5. Your team can do dragon if you get kills at bot
6. You can get tower for global gold
7. Your support can roam to help other lanes

What I would try to do is win the lane really hard and keep bottom lane pink warded and out of vision.
I'd ask support to ward deep so you can't get caught and start pressuring tower. Eventually I'd ask
jungler or mid laner to roam bottom and kill at least someone at bot lane and then go do dragon.

I think doing the dragon helps the most as it can be considered 1 kill for each lane. It also
gives the lanes a chance to leave unfavored lane. The game is pretty much in your hands if you
end up being really fed so you just need to make good plays in team fights so your teammates
can get back in the game.

@Out of Pancakes

Gnar is pretty stupid champion. It can work and I've seen it a couple of times. The biggest problem
is not giving enough lane pressure in lane. Normal Gnar is pretty useless in lane and the
only time you have any kind of real pressure/threat is when you're about to transform. Pretty
useless in early game I'd say. Level 6 and forward with ~50+ rage is really hard to play against.

If you're against heavy poke or just a unfavored lane, it's going to be a feast for the enemy lane.
In a favored lane where the enemy is running passive ADC/Support, you can survive through the early
game and win lane after 6. Gnar will bring more kill pontential + front line than most of the
supports but the question is: Is it too late and how much damage was caused in laning phase?

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide