Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Answering questions considering ADC/Support....

Creator: Joxuu November 16, 2014 4:42am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
TROLLing1999
<Member>
TROLLing1999's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 10, 2014 7:13am | Report
What do you think about the new Lucian nerfs?
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 10, 2014 9:31pm | Report
Would you ever build Bloodthirster into Statikk Shiv on Vayne with a Tumblemax? Also, any thoughts on Manamune into Trinity Force on Ezreal?

I'd always build botrk over BT. If I were to go hfor heavy AD item, I would go for IE + Shiv and max tumble first.

Manamune into Trinity Force is really good build path for Ezreal if you can survive the early game without falling
too behind cus of the 700 gold waste on Tear of the Goddess

What do you think about the new Lucian nerfs?

I don't think they matter too much. 6 -> 3 second passive duration is pretty much nothing as
you usually pop the passive immediatly. The AD ratio nerf doesn't matter too much
as you won't have much AD anyways. Lucian still stays as the best ADC.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 12, 2014 10:12am | Report

Think you should put the tier lists in the OP! Questions:
  • Why isn't Leona/Braum/Soraka (I heard she got nerfed, is that it?) tier 1? What would take Leona/Braum to be tier 1? I know they can both have a difficult time with poke but Braum's E is like 40 mana and he's got his W and is overall pretty tanky, and I don't tend to have too many issues with poke when playing him, so I'm always puzzled when people write him off as having terrible lane phase. Especially since in my opinion even if we were to agree on his lane being bad, his late game is pretty amazing.
  • Why is Zyra tier 2?
  • Do you really think the shield nerf hit Morg that hard?
Savlonic
<Member>
Savlonic's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 12, 2014 10:24am | Report
Joxuu wrote:

Manamune into Trinity Force is really good build path for Ezreal if you can survive the early game without falling too behind cus of the 700 gold waste on Tear of the Goddess

What do you think of Blue Ezreal? Lot of people argue that it's better than standard, and personally I prefer it a great deal over standard. What are it's major fall offs in your opinion aside from price for core?
Sig by TheNameless ^ Check out my Nasus guide ^
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 12, 2014 11:33pm | Report
Savlonic wrote:

What do you think of Blue Ezreal? Lot of people argue that it's better than standard, and personally I prefer it a great deal over standard. What are it's major fall offs in your opinion aside from price for core?

I think blue build takes too long to build up. The build usually gives you amazing kiting potential and you get pretty
decent poke but I think the build lacks in damage. I prefer the "original" build because it's more efficient early on
and you can do more during your laning phase. Blue build is much funnier though.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 14, 2014 4:49am | Report
Will post the tier explanation later today.

Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 14, 2014 4:58am | Report
I eagerly await.
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 14, 2014 9:40am | Report
Quoted:

Think you should put the tier lists in the OP! Questions:
  • Why isn't Leona/Braum/Soraka (I heard she got nerfed, is that it?) tier 1? What would take Leona/Braum to be tier 1? I know they can both have a difficult time with poke but Braum's E is like 40 mana and he's got his W and is overall pretty tanky, and I don't tend to have too many issues with poke when playing him, so I'm always puzzled when people write him off as having terrible lane phase. Especially since in my opinion even if we were to agree on his lane being bad, his late game is pretty amazing.
  • Why is Zyra tier 2?
  • Do you really think the shield nerf hit Morg that hard?

The thing for current bot lane compositions is mobility. All top tier ADC and support provide or have some kind of mobility. That's pretty much the harsh line between top tier and second tier. The current bot lane meta is combination of high mobility and high amounts of CC. Tier 1 supports have CC, mobility and some kind of protective abilities.

Leona has high amounts of CC and is tanky but only fits for aggressive lanes. Leona needs an ADC to be able to follow the initiations. She is not fit for poke/passive lane which can be troubling if you are behind. She works well with aggressive lanes where you are able to dominate the lane and not even give a chance for 2v2 win due high amount of CC but if the ADC is not able to follow up, you lack the mobility to escape the situation and you will end up getting abandoned or your ADC just get outdamaged even if ya landed all the CC.

Soraka is quite the opposite. You want to have a support with proper initiation and pressure. I'm pretty sure Soraka offers one of the safest laning phases while keeping of some kind of poke but lacks pressure and proper initiation for aggressive ADC so it's a situational pick. She is also very vulnerable to getting CC'd. She can keep her ADC buffed and healthy but lacks self-defense.

Braum is a support I really like. I'd like to see Braum see play due immense amount of protection for ADC, having mobility and being ridicilously tanky. The thing is the unreliable laning phase due low poke and unreliable initiation with Q. Braum would be really good if the Q wouldn't hit minions but since it does, Braum lacks proper initiation and relies on ADC keeping minion aggro against the enemy. It's also not always all about landing the Q but also about having ADC to be able to use Q passive fast enough,. Currently not so many ADC are not able to do so but many high tier ADC can so he is still a good pick. I would put him in tier 1 if Q was more reliable as initiation tool. Level 6 is a bit too late considering bot lane swings already in a way or another before that point. I'd rate him high tier 2.

Zyra is borderline tier 2, close to 3. I rate her as tier 2 due high amount of poke and burst. She can also keep safe distance from most of the support's poke or CC with her plants or E. She is really close to tier 3 however. I think I overestimated her over the Vel'Koz even. I would probably switch the positions.

I don't think Morgana was hit by the E nerf too hard but the different playstyle of bot lane. The support meta slowly shifted away from 24/7 Thresh pick due the increased amount of Morgana picks. The amount of high tier ADC mobility also denied a lot of her Q + ultimate plays. I don't think she got nerfed out of the tier 1 but the bot lane changes. High mobility and supports that offer sustain or high poke sort of made her a situational pick. Morgana is still very good and completly denies many supports and so remains in high tier 2.

Savlonic
<Member>
Savlonic's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 14, 2014 10:03am | Report
Joxuu wrote:
I think blue build takes too long to build up. The build usually gives you amazing kiting potential and you get pretty
decent poke but I think the build lacks in damage. I prefer the "original" build because it's more efficient early on
and you can do more during your laning phase. Blue build is much funnier though.

Just to clarify on the 'lack of damage' note, what does your standard blue path look like? Because I haven't had horrible damage (Least for Ezreal), with it if the game goes to that 30-40 minute point.

Usually something like Muramana -> Iceborn Gauntlet -> Ionian Boots of Lucidity -> Blade of the Ruined King -> Last Whisper -> Varies for my choice, I stray from the traditional blue/kinda blue items though and either go Statikk Shiv or Infinity Edge.
Sig by TheNameless ^ Check out my Nasus guide ^
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 14, 2014 10:15am | Report
Please note, zyra does not have a high amount of poke and decent burst, she has ******ed amount of poke and stupid burst 8)

Joxuu wrote:

The thing for current bot lane compositions is mobility. All top tier ADC and support provide or have some kind of mobility. That's pretty much the harsh line between top tier and second tier. The current bot lane meta is combination of high mobility and high amounts of CC. Tier 1 supports have CC, mobility and some kind of protective abilities.

Karma, Sona, Lulu and zillean fit that description to the T. Can't say I'm satisfied with your answer here :P

EDIT: Just realized that Janna and Nami have hard CC outside of their ultimates which is probably why they're a notch above the others, woops
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide