Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Answering questions considering ADC/Support....

Creator: Joxuu November 16, 2014 4:42am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 14, 2014 10:29am | Report
Savlonic wrote:

Just to clarify on the 'lack of damage' note, what does your standard blue path look like? Because I haven't had horrible damage (Least for Ezreal), with it if the game goes to that 30-40 minute point.

Usually something like Muramana -> Iceborn Gauntlet -> Ionian Boots of Lucidity -> Blade of the Ruined King -> Last Whisper -> Varies for my choice, I stray from the traditional blue/kinda blue items though and either go Statikk Shiv or Infinity Edge.

My blue build is something around those lines. The lack of damage means mostly the early game and changing from it to mid game. The main problem is how to survive a lane where you get Tear of the Goddess and some not so useful Iceborn Gauntlet parts against a possible B.F sword or even worse, B.F and pickaxe by the the you get any sort of reliable damage source.

@Xeres: Yh. Even though they have mobility, they lacks in other areas, making them tier 2.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
lanilwow
<Member>
lanilwow's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 15, 2014 8:20am | Report
I have a noob question on starting item for Janna Support.

Currently I build talisman of ascension but I keep getting players making statements like, "I main support and I always build Frost Queen's Claim instead.

I have gone back and forth on this for Janna. On Sona and Morgana it makes sense to me to build Frost Queen's Claim. Sona has her engage/escape with her "E" and Morgana wants the AP for damage but on Janna I keep leaning towards talisman of ascension.

My reasoning is that the sustain keeps me out longer and the Active movement boost helps so much on the engage and it has also saved me and my teammates so many times when things go wrong.

The gold boost from Frost Queen's Claim does seem to be better since I rarely finish the build till the end of the lane phase. But again the talisman of ascension +10 health on minion death and adds to the sustain.

Keep in mind I am low elo. I also focus on keeping my team alive much more than damage so I am a cautions player. My goal each game is to have more assists than the kill leader has kills.

What is the right way to go on this?
I want to be a Blitzball's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 15, 2014 8:34am | Report
Still trying to find a reasonable way to share a 3,6 gb video. Also, thoughts on Alistar? I Always liked him, besides that I'm horrible at him if I haven't played him in a while.

Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 15, 2014 9:08am | Report
lanilwow wrote:
I have a noob question on starting item for Janna Support.

Currently I build talisman of ascension but I keep getting players making statements like, "I main support and I always build Frost Queen's Claim instead.

I have gone back and forth on this for Janna. On Sona and Morgana it makes sense to me to build Frost Queen's Claim. Sona has her engage/escape with her "E" and Morgana wants the AP for damage but on Janna I keep leaning towards talisman of ascension.

My reasoning is that the sustain keeps me out longer and the Active movement boost helps so much on the engage and it has also saved me and my teammates so many times when things go wrong.

The gold boost from Frost Queen's Claim does seem to be better since I rarely finish the build till the end of the lane phase. But again the talisman of ascension +10 health on minion death and adds to the sustain.

Keep in mind I am low elo. I also focus on keeping my team alive much more than damage so I am a cautions player. My goal each game is to have more assists than the kill leader has kills.

What is the right way to go on this?

I think Frost Queen's Claim is better than Ancient Coin because the coin doesn't give any battle stats for lane. It's much harder to
fully take advantage of the gold gain from the item though. Stick with Ancient Coin if you like the item. It's much more "noob"-friendly. ( I'm not calling you a noob :3 ). I would probably start with
other item but in the other hand you can somewhat pull off Ancient Coin as Janna if you avoid
all in fights.

@I want to be blitzball: Uploading it to youtube or something would probably be the best. Alistar is weak against mobile/poke/sustain lanes that are currently high tier picks but he is still good against melee supports or in certain compositions like Yasuo. Offers ridicilous amount of tankyness and front line after hitting 6, like it's not funny how tanky Alistar can be with a few items and ultimate.

He can offer decently safe laning phase with good disengage/counter-engage if the enemy decides to initiate but I'd focus on getting aggressive lane to take advantage of the W + Q combo. Still viable pick.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
Savlonic
<Member>
Savlonic's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 15, 2014 2:58pm | Report

Kinda irrelevant but yeah. This is what I average my successful blue ez games. I might try standard to see comparisons at 37~ minutes in terms of overall damage. Way I figure is that if it's not Lucian, Corki, Graves, Draven, or Caitlyn Blue works out better than standard.
Sig by TheNameless ^ Check out my Nasus guide ^
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 16, 2014 12:18am | Report
I would take Trinity Force over gauntlet if you want to have IE.

Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 22, 2015 4:02am | Report
Updated tier list. Most notable changes:

* Graves is now the #1 ADC
* Removed Thresh tier and moved Janna up to the same tier.
* I had greatly undervalued Sivir + Kalista so I moved them up. Sivir -> top of tier 2.
* Included the new annoyance, Cassiopeia support
* Nami moved to the top of tier 2
* Annie moved to tier 2

Support

Tier 1 Thresh Janna

Tier 2 Nami Braum Morgana Alistar Sona Karma Leona Lulu Soraka Zyra Vel'Koz Annie

Tier 3 Blitzcrank Cassiopeia Zilean Taric LeBlanc

Tier 4 Fiddlesticks Lux Brand

ADC

Tier 1 Graves Lucian Corki

Tier 2 Sivir Twitch Vayne Caitlyn Tristana Kalista Jinx Draven Kog'Maw Ezreal

Tier 3 Varus Miss Fortune Ashe

Tier 4 Quinn Urgot Jayce

Insomaniac
<Member>
Insomaniac's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 23, 2015 2:45am | Report
Top Tier 2 Sivir ?
How so ?
I know that she's good on teamfights and siege-ing ..
But ..
She's so mana hungry , doesn't have a level-6 power spike , and that range (easily poked IMO) ..
Or maybe I'm just playing her wrong ..
Tips on how to play her and what do you build ?
Thanks in advance ..
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 25, 2015 10:35am | Report
Insomaniac wrote:
Top Tier 2 Sivir ?
How so ?
I know that she's good on teamfights and siege-ing ..
But ..
She's so mana hungry , doesn't have a level-6 power spike , and that range (easily poked IMO) ..
Or maybe I'm just playing her wrong ..
Tips on how to play her and what do you build ?
Thanks in advance ..

Hello.

Sivir has the spellshield to sustain her mana costs. she doesn't have a really powerful lvl 6 spike for herself but the ultimate buff is really strong for your team to get to the carries you need to kill. Sivir actually has decent trading with Q and mini boomerang active. You don't necessarily even have to win your lane as Sivir. You can just push the waves 24/7.

General build would be something like: Infinity Edge, Berserker's Greaves, Phantom Dancer or Statikk Shiv, Last Whisper BT + def item

DisturbedFox
<Inhouse Regular>
DisturbedFox's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 27, 2015 9:54am | Report
I actually completely agree with the adc tier list but imo blitz should be way higher if we're thinking soloQ cuz he's super good there.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide