Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Answering questions considering ADC/Support....

Creator: Joxuu November 16, 2014 4:42am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I want to be a Blitzball's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 6, 2014 8:47am | Report
Before I actually try and find a game of me playing support, how should you play Sona? Should you Frost Queen's Claim or Talisman of Ascension? I mean both would work, but I just feel leaning more towards Talisman of Ascension more to make you less Flash reliant.

2nd, any basic tips on Braum and how to not be overzealous when using his ult? I tend to be way too trigger happy or just use it for engaging when I should've saved it for peeling.

Finally, tips at getting better at using Thresh's Death Sentence? I'm really inconsistent, sometimes landing those brilliant hooks and hard carrying my team or sometimes just doing ok, and not really getting anything done. Also looking for a recording of my me playing support, most likely Thresh so you could maybe give me some tips and point out things.

Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 8, 2014 3:34am | Report
Greetings.

1) Sona should be played aggressively in my opinion. Frost Queen's Claim is much better than talisman.

2) It really depends on the situation. Generally you want to use it when you have the opportunity to catch someone
squishy enough. If you have the back up to follow the initiation, always go for it. If your ADC is really fed or your team
is behind, you probably should use it to peel for your team.

3) The best advice is to delay your hook as long as possible when you see an opportunity. (Do use every opportunity by all means
but when chasing for example, sometimes the enemies try ridicilous dodging pattern so you can just walk and catch them).
I wrote something about how to land a Rocket Grab in my Blitzcrank guide but I think you can apply the same for Thresh.

How to land rocket grab

Thresh happens to be my main so I can surely review a video if you have one.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 8, 2014 4:05am | Report
Joxuu could you give me your current version of the ADC and support tier lists? I want to compare them to my own.
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 8, 2014 5:58am | Report
I didn't really put them in any specific order but left side could be considered closer to a better tier and right side
could be considered closer to a worse tier.

Support

Tier Thresh

Tier 1 Janna Nami

Tier 2 Braum Morgana Alistar Sona Karma Leona Lulu Soraka Zyra Vel'Koz

Tier 3 Blitzcrank Annie Zilean Taric LeBlanc

Tier 4 Fiddlesticks Lux Brand

ADC

Tier Lucian Corki

Tier 1 Graves Twitch

Tier 2 Vayne Caitlyn Tristana Jinx Draven Kog'Maw Ezreal Sivir

Tier 3 Varus Kalista Miss Fortune Ashe

Tier 4 Quinn Urgot Jayce

I would like to value Blitzcrank much higher and there is a clear difference between
Graves and Twitch even though they share the same tier.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
AffableZombee
<Member>
AffableZombee's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 8, 2014 6:20am | Report
Hi, I am new to LoL and I am only lever 13. Should I save my money for Ruins now or buy more champions and try them out before I specialize?
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 8, 2014 6:33am | Report
I'd say buy more champions. Try things and slowly start to buy runes after reaching lvl 20 or further.

Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 8, 2014 10:46am | Report
So I got a replay, but it's like 3-4 gb. And uploading it anywhere takes forever. Got any simple way to share it?

Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 8, 2014 12:30pm | Report
I'm not good with videos (like uploading or sharing them).

Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 10, 2014 6:25am | Report
Would you ever build Bloodthirster into Statikk Shiv on Vayne with a Tumblemax? Also, any thoughts on Manamune into Trinity Force on Ezreal?

Out Of Pancakes
<Inhouse Addict>
Out Of Pancakes's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 10, 2014 6:56am | Report
If you max Tumble, I think that you should go for IE first over BT.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide