Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Answering questions considering ADC/Support....

Creator: Joxuu November 16, 2014 4:42am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
cocfight
<Member>
cocfight's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 20, 2014 6:45am | Report
Joxuu wrote:
@Cocfight

Hello there. There is actually not much you can do if other lanes start to fall behind.
The first thing you would need to do is win your lane. Preferably you should play
champions that can win lane and still be useful in the late game.

I'll give few examples;

Win lane, carry team

Sometimes it's out of your limits

You will positively affect your team's mentality by winning the lane and overall you
need to stay positive/encourage your teammates. By winning your lane, you're giving all these
advantages for your team:

1. You don't need help so your jungler can help other lanes.
2. You can deal with other fed lanes and win team fights
3. You can give top laner tp gank possibility
4. Your mid laner can roam bottom more easily
5. Your team can do dragon if you get kills at bot
6. You can get tower for global gold
7. Your support can roam to help other lanes

What I would try to do is win the lane really hard and keep bottom lane pink warded and out of vision.
I'd ask support to ward deep so you can't get caught and start pressuring tower. Eventually I'd ask
jungler or mid laner to roam bottom and kill at least someone at bot lane and then go do dragon.

I think doing the dragon helps the most as it can be considered 1 kill for each lane. It also
gives the lanes a chance to leave unfavored lane. The game is pretty much in your hands if you
end up being really fed so you just need to make good plays in team fights so your teammates
can get back in the game.

@Out of Pancakes

Gnar is pretty stupid champion. It can work and I've seen it a couple of times. The biggest problem
is not giving enough lane pressure in lane. Normal Gnar is pretty useless in lane and the
only time you have any kind of real pressure/threat is when you're about to transform. Pretty
useless in early game I'd say. Level 6 and forward with ~50+ rage is really hard to play against.

If you're against heavy poke or just a unfavored lane, it's going to be a feast for the enemy lane.
In a favored lane where the enemy is running passive ADC/Support, you can survive through the early
game and win lane after 6. Gnar will bring more kill pontential + front line than most of the
supports but the question is: Is it too late and how much damage was caused in laning phase?

This all makes sense and are things that I try to do. Basically what you are saying is if your team is falling behind, you need to go really hard in bot lane and either end up stomping your lane or losing lane along with the rest of your team.

As a follow up, as of yesterday dragon gives a permanent team buff that stacks. Would you still prioritize dragon over other objectives on the map. For example a lot of the time if I stomp bot lane I will take my tower, then immediately go to mid and take his tower. I feel that frees up my mid-laner and gives us global gold.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 20, 2014 7:03am | Report
pls teach me how to ad curry master joxuu
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 20, 2014 7:09am | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

step 1:
be better
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 20, 2014 7:23am | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

Don't play Ezreal.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 20, 2014 7:27am | Report
cocfight wrote:

As a follow up, as of yesterday dragon gives a permanent team buff that stacks. Would you still prioritize dragon over other objectives on the map. For example a lot of the time if I stomp bot lane I will take my tower, then immediately go to mid and take his tower. I feel that frees up my mid-laner and gives us global gold.

That's often teamranked's goal or thing. SoloQ players may not communicate the plan
through and you end up just grouping middle, doing nothing and missing gold + xp.

If you can take the tower, sure. Like if they have a mid laner with no wave clear,
it should be relatively easy to take the tower down but otherwise I'd propably
take dragon if it's safe enough. Third option is to keep pressuring bot
lane so they can't rebuild.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 20, 2014 7:27am | Report
>:c
cocfight
<Member>
cocfight's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 20, 2014 8:23am | Report
Joxuu wrote:

That's often teamranked's goal or thing. SoloQ players may not communicate the plan
through and you end up just grouping middle, doing nothing and missing gold + xp.

If you can take the tower, sure. Like if they have a mid laner with no wave clear,
it should be relatively easy to take the tower down but otherwise I'd propably
take dragon if it's safe enough. Third option is to keep pressuring bot
lane so they can't rebuild.

Alright, thanks for the insight it was helpful.

+rep for you sir
Zylmoc
<Member>
Zylmoc's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 20, 2014 8:36am | Report
How do you know when to apply pressure as thresh/ A battle of a attrition doesn't always work out for me.
Out Of Pancakes
<Inhouse Addict>
Out Of Pancakes's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 20, 2014 9:04am | Report
Dank you bor your anzer!
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 23, 2014 7:37am | Report
Zylmoc wrote:
How do you know when to apply pressure as thresh/ A battle of a attrition doesn't always work out for me.

The general basic is that you can apply pressure when you can:

1. Have level advantage. (Earlier lvl 2-3, earlier 6)
2. Have more damage/trade potential
3. Have minion advantage
4. Have CC up
5. Deny vision

The really basic thing of applying pressure is knowing what your opposing lane is capable of.
If you don't know ability cooldowns for example, you may overestimate the enemy champion pressure
when in fact you're giving up free gold + xp.

In the other hand if you underestimate the pressure, you may get punished for it and end up losing
a trade/kill/objective. So you need to know other champions abilities, summoners, cooldowns, jungler position etc.

As Thresh you don't really have too much pressure at lvl 1 but you do have plenty when you reach
level 2. Having CC up and minion control (aka minions are pushing towards them and minions are not
blocking your hook for example) is great pressure potential. Reaching level 2 first usually means you
also have minion control so the enemy has no response so you should and can apply pressure.

From level 2 and further, as long as you have CC up and clear way of hooking someone, along with
being capable of winning trade with your ADC, you can apply pressure.

This is not always the case. Morgana doesn't really care if you can hook or not because of the
Black Shield or the enemy bot lane has jungler coming, which leads to my second point: vision.

Early sweeping lens + pink wards to clear enemy vision allows you to have jungler pressure too,
as long as your jungler is not spotted. Thresh has really good potential of setting up a gank
so the enemy lane should be cautious.

Lane pressure works better in higher elos where as in lower elos, you often get free things because
ppl are not respecting the lane pressure and they would greed a minion for example, so you could just
go and punish them for it.

tl;dr

Thresh can put up pressure always when you can win a trade and have a potential
of landing a hook or CC in open area. (If the enemy is under tower, they won't care too much lol).
Denying enemy vision of you and your jungler is really good example of applying
pressure too.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide