Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Beginner friendly Kayle

Creator: alexvsevil July 10, 2012 12:09am
alexvsevil
<Member>
alexvsevil's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 10, 2012 7:03am | Report
I saw the items but what about masteries/runes or do they not matter much? I'm only level 5 so I guess items are the most important?

So I'm assuming this would be the step by step progression for items (obviously you could get a defensive/offensive sooner depending how the game's going but since I'm only playing against bots right now I'm trying to memorize the basic build and then adapt when I'm more familiar with the game)

(Faerie Charm)
(Philosopher's Stone)
(Kage's Lucky Pick)
(Boots of Speed, then Dagger, then upgrade to Berserker's Greaves)
(Kindlegem, then Dagger, then upgrade to Zeke's Herald)
(Dagger, then B.F. Sword, then upgrade to The Black Cleaver)
(B.F. Sword, then Cloak of Agility, then Pickaxe, then upgrade to Infinity Edge)
(Cloak of Agility, then Dagger, then upgrade to Zeal, then upgrade to Phantom Dancer)
(Null Magic Mantle, then Chain Vest, then Cloth Armor, then upgrade to Guardian Angel)
IceCreamy
<Veteran>
IceCreamy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 10, 2012 7:46am | Report
Well eventually your inventory will be full, so you can't buy the smaller items and you will just have to wait until you have all the gold.

By the way this build is not perfect, I should play Kayle a bit more :P

DuffTime wrote:
ok ok plz carry me omg
i was only waiting for you to ask

Temzilla wrote:
Too hot to be icecream.

Luther3000 wrote:
He looks like a hair gel advert on legs

Toshabi wrote:
Icecreamy, with hair as slick and smooth as the ocean waves of Cocobana
alexvsevil
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 10, 2012 8:18am | Report
http://solomid.net/guides.php?g=3828

does this one seem sound?
IceCreamy
<Veteran>
IceCreamy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 10, 2012 8:37am | Report
Not really. I play with 0-9-21 masteries and Armor Marks, gp/10 Seals, MR/lvl Glyphs and gp/10 Quints.

As support you should always start Faerie Charm and build 2 gp/10 items ( Philosopher's Stone, Kage's Lucky Pick, Heart of Gold, Avarice Blade). After that you can basically buy whatever you want, depending on the support.
Kayle is really situational, though. Classic supports go with Aegis of the Legion and Shurelya's Battlesong since they are cheap and give nice buffs to the team. Kayle does not since her Q really requires her to attack, which means going AD to me.

DuffTime wrote:
ok ok plz carry me omg

Temzilla wrote:
Too hot to be icecream.

Luther3000 wrote:

Toshabi wrote:
alexvsevil
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 10, 2012 8:52am | Report
What if I want to do more of a DPS role? The pure support thing has gotten boring, I want kills too, and I found the AP actually seems to kill faster than AD although I just used it for the first time so maybe things will change.
IceCreamy
<Veteran>
IceCreamy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 10, 2012 8:54am | Report
If you want to play as AD carry you can do that too. On the other hand there are better AD carries than Kayle...

You could also try jungling but if you are under level 20 that will be hard as Kayle is not the best jungler either...

Basically the current meta has no place for Kayle :P

DuffTime wrote:
ok ok plz carry me omg

Temzilla wrote:
Too hot to be icecream.

Luther3000 wrote:

Toshabi wrote:
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 10, 2012 9:11am | Report
IceCreamy wrote:

Basically the current meta has no place for Kayle :P

Wait what?

She's pretty good top. Build full AD, win lategame. Dyrus is picking her all the time in tournament games and doing that.
IceCreamy
<Veteran>
IceCreamy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 10, 2012 10:00am | Report
That is true :)

DuffTime wrote:
ok ok plz carry me omg

Temzilla wrote:
Too hot to be icecream.

Luther3000 wrote:

Toshabi wrote:
alexvsevil
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 10, 2012 10:36am | Report
What are the differences between top mid and bot? Seems like people generally have a set idea of what kind of unit belongs where but I'm not familiar with the genre...
Seems like bottom is the hardest to control while the middle is either empty or has enemy units rushing over constantly
And top seems like it always loses the turret first due to not enough defense
And most people solo mid which I guess is why the # of enemy champions seems so inconsistent?
My experience is limited to beginner bot games and a few ranked matches I got into by accident :P
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 10, 2012 10:46am | Report
alexvsevil wrote:

What are the differences between top mid and bot? Seems like people generally have a set idea of what kind of unit belongs where but I'm not familiar with the genre...
Seems like bottom is the hardest to control while the middle is either empty or has enemy units rushing over constantly
And top seems like it always loses the turret first due to not enough defense
And most people solo mid which I guess is why the # of enemy champions seems so inconsistent?
My experience is limited to beginner bot games and a few ranked matches I got into by accident :P

(Copying from an older thread because I'm lazy)

Generally you'll see something like this.

Top - Something that's fairly tanky and/or has escape abilities, often with sustain. This is because top is the easiest lane to gank and isolated from the rest of the map, so picking a champion with a high chance of surviving or even thriving alone is a good idea.

Examples: Vladimir, Kennen, Udyr, Riven, Shen, Jax, Olaf

Mid - AP, because they need to level up quickly in order to become strong. Mid is the shortest lane and thus usually the hardest to gank, which is good for AP because they're mostly very squishy without innate escapes. Plus being in the middle of the map allows AP champions the chance to roam to other lanes and pick up kills, which is something they're often good at.

Examples: Karthus, Ryze, Cassiopeia, Ahri, Morgana, Vladimir, Veigar

Bot - AD and support, because AD is very vulnerable to being killed in any other lane. They need the help and the warding from supports to survive early game and they don't really depend on levels, mostly money. The reason they usually go bot instead of top is for greater numbers around dragon. Supports build gold items and don't take cs so that AD can get maximum farm.

Examples: Graves, Corki, Caitlyn, Sivir, Kog'Maw + Janna, Soraka, Taric, Leona

Jungle - Usually someone tanky, though that's mostly because all the good junglers are tanks so you don't really have much choice. You generally want them to have some good CC for ganks and good AoE damage helps for clearing the jungle.

Examples: Nautilus, Nocturne, Dr. Mundo, Shyvana, Udyr

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide