Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Can't Find A Good Champ

Creator: BambooNBrains May 10, 2012 11:49pm
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 11, 2012 11:09am | Report
Those runes are fairly awful, to be honest. What items are you building on Caitlyn?

Strong stuff I can think of:

Top: Vladimir, Udyr, Shen, Riven, Kennen
Mid: Morgana, Karthus, Vladimir, Ahri, Ryze, Cassiopeia, Kennen
AD: AD carries are mostly fairly equal in terms of strength, but I like Caitlyn, Graves and Sivir
Support: Soraka, Janna, Taric
Jungle: Udyr, Shyvana, Dr. Mundo, Nocturne
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 11, 2012 11:42am | Report
Xerath is still very squishy; but late-game the passive + zhonya's give him a fair amount of armour which makes him indeed a lot harder to kill.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 11, 2012 11:44am | Report
Gotta defend my former main here: Malzahar isn't bad in teamfights; he just requires positioning.
IceCreamy
<Veteran>
IceCreamy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 11, 2012 11:46am | Report
Don't forget Leona as support/tank, she is awesome. And even I can play her :p

DuffTime wrote:
ok ok plz carry me omg
i was only waiting for you to ask

Temzilla wrote:
Too hot to be icecream.

Luther3000 wrote:
He looks like a hair gel advert on legs

Toshabi wrote:
Icecreamy, with hair as slick and smooth as the ocean waves of Cocobana
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 11, 2012 12:41pm | Report
I have never tried Xerath because I'm scared about being locked down for the range options and I've never been great with skill shots. My Frost Arrow on Ashe is always laughable as it zings by the enemy team and everyone starts raging a bit at me.
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
The Overmyynd's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 11, 2012 1:28pm | Report
Not so squishy but not tanky dps lawl. Well you have a few good ones listed, Jax and Shyvana are good. Fizz is very squishy but does CRAZY burst damage, is an amazingly efficient chaser, and if you have good timing, is nearly impossible to hurt during lane phase because of Playful / Trickster. Graves is a great suggestion, i play him as one of my more common ad carries. Snag Mordekaiser, just thought of him, he seems like JUST the kind of guy you would love! Yes, he uses his own healthpool as a mana source, but if you start the game off with a Doran's Shield and get the health regen, early game is taken care of as long as you don't go hog wild with the abilities, then build quickly into a Hextech Revolver and turn that into a Will of the Ancients then your spells will be giving you health back through the damage they inflict with spell vamp, so your spells (which SHOULD be taking life away) actually GIVE you life. This means that if you run some cool down reduction ( Ionian Boots of Lucidity and Frozen Heart ) your cool down times will be ridiculous, and you can spam your abilities once every second and a half (rotating, somewhere thereabouts) and never run out of "mana". The thing that makes this so beautiful is his passive, Iron Man. powerful beyond belief when combined with max CDR, a shield that never goes away. Plus his ult is beyond ridiculous, Children of the Grave can quickly turn a 5v5 into a 4v6. He is perfect for you because he GETS tanky by building for machine-gun offense.
Hey, if you liked any advice i gave, be sure to +rep me! Oh, and check out my Shaco and Maokail lorecraft in my Blog! I'm a starving artist in need of attention, so please feel free to read, respond, and critique me! Please? Anybody that leaves a comment (good or bad) will receive a +rep!
BambooNBrains
<Member>
BambooNBrains's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 11, 2012 1:59pm | Report
Yea, I know the runes aren't the best. My friend suggested them knowing I felt weak with Caitlyn. Just watched a video on Mordekaiser and he does seem like the perfect champ for what I'm looking for. My last question is I'd like to buy Mordekaiser, Riven, Jax, and Malzahar, along with better runes. What would be the wisest, or most efficient, way of purchasing these things? I can buy RP but I would REALLY prefer not to :P

Thanks again for all the help guys ^_^

*I have 2k IP right now

EDIT: I think I'm going to buy Mordekaiser first, followed by the best runes for him. Then save up and get Riven, maybe Jax or Malzahar on the way.
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 11, 2012 3:05pm | Report
I would recommend buying Morde with RP and saving the IP for your rune set. Spend any leftover RP if you didn't buy a lot on IP boosts.
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
The Overmyynd's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 11, 2012 7:12pm | Report
IP boosts are the best things to get. If you do get them, make sure you get the Daily Boosters and actually devote a few hours to playing a day, instead of the Per Win IP boosters. Much better bang for your buck. The best runeset for Mord (assuming you are going to solo top) would be:

Greater Glyph of Magic Resist X 9
Greater Mark of Scaling Ability Power X 9
Greater Quintessence of Ability Power X 3
Greater Seal of Armor X 9

And you might think about getting Greater Mark of Magic Penetration instead, really its up to you. Might be the better thing to get, since my particular build skips Sorcerer's Shoes. However a late game Abyssal Mask or Void Staff might do the job just as well. Your choice, depending on what boots you want to stick to buying.
Hey, if you liked any advice i gave, be sure to +rep me! Oh, and check out my Shaco and Maokail lorecraft in my Blog! I'm a starving artist in need of attention, so please feel free to read, respond, and critique me! Please? Anybody that leaves a comment (good or bad) will receive a +rep!
Kizum
<Member>
Kizum's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 12, 2012 3:36am | Report

Thanks for all these suggestions guys :)
@Overmynd - Is it possible to find a not-so-squishy but not tanky DPS (I think that's the right term for a high damage champ?) so more in between? Or is a straight up tank just the better option? I've also tried Mundo and couldn't get the hang of it. Having your life be a mana source makes me use his skills too infrequently (might be thinking of Sion)
@Kizum - I'll try and test all those champs besides Ahri :) Pantheon seems pretty BA
@Luther - I'll still play Caitlyn for sure (even bought her Arctic skin) but I feel like I'm too weak with her compared to my team, hence looking for a stronger champion
@GrandmasterD - Karthus was actually the first champion I ever played, I might give him another go :P

So I've been watching the Champion Spotlights and these are the big hitters I noticed so thoughts on them would be much appreciated :)
Jax
Fizz
Shyvana
Fiddlesticks
Graves as suggested
Xerath My friends say he's squishy but with Ascended Form they might be joking?
Riven
Vayne (might be squishy, can't tell)
Malzahar though "bad" in team fights
Kennen

I'm not saying I'll only play these guys, but I guess their damage output caught my interest?
EDIT: Also, I have an AD Rune Page by suggestion from one of my friends. Being only 20, I currently have
6 Greater Mark of Desolation
6 Greater Seal of Scaling Attack Damage
6 Greater Glyph of Attack Speed

Yes test them =). By the way, Xerath is actually pretty squishy in early games but hes good in mid and late game. You have much AP in late game so you gets much armor. I don't like to play anyway ^^.
Malzahar: I hate to face this guy, hes good 1 v 1 and in team fights.
Vayne is pretty squishy early game but if you can take some kills then you will dominate late game.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide