Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Support - Janna - Critique my item build

Creator: lanilwow January 16, 2015 8:15pm
1 2
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 26, 2015 1:28am | Report
Chawoora wrote:
Interesting info here. So you guys do not start with a Stealth Ward?? My standard start for support is 2 Health Potions + GP10 item ( Ancient Coin for Janna) + 1 Stealth Ward. It just seems like you are not going to back until ganking is well underway just the Stealth Ward just does not seem to be enough.
Most of the time junglers don't gank bot lane before they're at least level 6. In fact you don't need to ward at all before you're all (you and your enemy laners) around lvl 4-5 since just about no one will gank before that point 99% of the time. I know a lot of people ward way too early and then their totem is on CD when they're in actual danger. What you should look out for is the enemy jungler's location. If you see him top at 5 minutes, you're safe at least for another minute and you don't need to ward.

On a side note, you should really considering starting with Spellthief's Edge.

by jhoijhoi
Chawoora
<Member>
Chawoora's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 26, 2015 9:53am | Report
That makes a lot of sense. The jungler will mostly likely start the bot camps then head top and if they have good sustain they might be able to gank top or mid around 3:30. Early ganks bot are harder since it will be at best 3v2 where other lanes might be 2v1. Knowing which camps the enemy jungler will likely start, knowing timings for first ganks, and generally keeping track of the enemy jungler’s position (or likely position) are weaknesses of mine...along with unexpected mid-laner roams. As a Bronze level support my ADC should be happy that I ward at all!! :)

I have tried Spellthief's Edge starts with Janna. I the AP is nice and I do try to harass enough that I would proc the extra gold. I will play around with it some more. It seems to be the popular start on ProBuilds, but seems that a number of times it is either never upgraded, or only upgraded to Frostfang.
lanilwow
<Member>
lanilwow's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 26, 2015 6:35pm | Report
I've been building zeke's herald fourth as team fights really ramp up.

Am I crazy?

I build this if we are just bearly losing team fights or if we are in their base. I'm trying to find items to squeeze every last bit of damage and provide every ounce of life support I can for my team.

Is there something better?

This is after boots then Sightstone (1) Frost Queen's Claim (if I finish it) (2) Locket of the Iron Solari (3) (more often than not) Mikael's Blessing
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 26, 2015 8:29pm | Report
Zeke's Herald is pretty bad afaik. Personally, I wouldn't bother buying it in most games. If you have locket anyways, Frozen Heart is a better defensive item to get that 20% CDR from and it debuffs the enemy team's attack speed from a pretty long range. Another option is Morellonomicon (also gives 20% CDR) if you feel like you can go a bit more offensive, since it will make your damage spells apply the Grievous Wounds (reduces healing and health regeneration to 50% effectiveness) debuff to targets below 40% health for four seconds. Even if you don't do much damage, just being able to use Zephyr on someone who's low to apply that debuff can be quite useful.

I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for, but Twin Shadows and Randuin's Omen are also options. Just look at the builds here, I guess. From a quick glance I see one build with Zeke's in it, but that's it.
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 27, 2015 2:15am | Report
lanilwow wrote:
I've been building zeke's herald fourth as team fights really ramp up.

Am I crazy?

I build this if we are just bearly losing team fights or if we are in their base. I'm trying to find items to squeeze every last bit of damage and provide every ounce of life support I can for my team.

Is there something better?

This is after boots then Sightstone (1) Frost Queen's Claim (if I finish it) (2) Locket of the Iron Solari (3) (more often than not) Mikael's Blessing
Zeke's Herald is a meager item at best. It "works" when you're a part of a full AD team but I still would not recommend it for Janna because the stats don't benefit her that much. But you're not crazy.

Janna's damage items are AP. Early mid game, if the game is going good, a great purchase is Mejai's Soulstealer. Later in the game if you're still doing well you can opt to get Rabadon's Deathcap, Void Staff etc.

If you don't want to go that extreme, a build that mixes both utility and damage in a nice way is:
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide