Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Community Spotlight- The Nameless Bard

Creator: Toshabi July 8, 2015 10:48pm
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 9, 2015 6:22am | Report
That was also a long time ago and some of those who had reservations then may very well have changed their minds now.

What I'm really questioning is why someone would tell you that when it could only make you bitter and resentful? Also, were you aware of the fact that I was someone who had reservations and so are making a point of bringing it up here or is it just coincidental?

Well, it wasn't phrased to me, I believe it was directed at someone else who suggested that I get interviewed, but I can't remember and I can't be bothered to look it up. I wasn't aware that you had reservations and, to be frank, that people had reservations never bothered me either. I'd say the reason I'm kind of bitter about it is because I was never actually given a proper concrete reason as to why people had reservations (I don't even see how being equated to Searz should be bad; the guy has actually contributed a lot even for his perceived shortcomings, so why is an interview with him bad as well?). It's not as if I'd suddenly go ape**** in an interview like I did on guides way back when, so I never really understood it and it didn't bother me enough to ask.

I'd totally understand if there are just better candidates to interview (and honestly, there are), but being passed over for essentially no reason at all just confused me and made it feel unfair. It didn't really seem appropriate to ever bring it up, since the interviews are always about someone else, but it just came up in conversation now, so I thought I'd just clarify.

tl;dr I wasn't ever given a reason, lol.
HiFromBuddha
<Member>
HiFromBuddha's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 9, 2015 6:26am | Report
Vynertje wrote:
I can imagine Vapora having a hard disk full of these pictures where he faps to daily.

Now all he needs is a picture if MissMaw saying, "Is that actually THE Vapora?" and he won't ever need to download or screenshot another photo for the rest of his single-handed sexual life.

Also, regarding the Searz thing, I'd imagine an interview with Searz would be very enjoyable to read, at least for me. His mix of logic, bluntness and cynicism would make for a very insightful and eye-opening read I'd imagine. He's also never shy to express his own opinion, so it would definitely make for a very honest (not implying previous spotlights have been pretentious, of course) spotlight.

sirell is right in saying that being compared to him should not be regarded as a negative connotation.
Imma 'bout to end this man's whole career
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Kiniro Mosaic
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
ri]
Imma 'bout to end this man's whole career
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Kiniro Mosaic
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
mastrer1000
<Editor>
mastrer1000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 9, 2015 6:42am | Report
from which book did you take your name(I would have asked if it is good, but I am pretty certain that you wouldn't have chosen this name if it was a bad book)?
Thanks to IPodPulse for this <3^
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 9, 2015 6:54am | Report
sirell wrote:

tl;dr I wasn't ever given a reason, lol.

For the record, I won't disclose too much information because vet forums are private for a reason. However, I don't mind giving you a little bit information on stuff I personally said there.

In short: you were nominated a couple of times but didn't make it through the vote. First and foremost, no one has been talking **** about you behind your back. What I did voice was that you weren't very active on the forums back then (mid 2014) and that you don't really have the best reputation outside the more active community (some less-known, newer members - who are no longer active right now - told me they strongly disliked the way you behaved on the forums and on guides). Because of that, I (personally) felt like it would send a wrong message to invite you for a spotlight.

That being said, you still made it to the decisive voting stage but you simply didn't make it. In the end, it's a democratic voting process and everyone vote who they feel deserves it most. You were not purposely left out or something along those lines.

I won't comment any further on this matter here, I don't think it's appropriate to do so on a community spotlight. Take it to PM if you want, but again: vet forums are private for a reason ;) I won't talk about stuff that goes on there because it might hurt other people.
HiFromBuddha
<Member>
HiFromBuddha's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 9, 2015 7:03am | Report
Genitals are private as well, but some people seem to have no issues disclosing them.

Thank you to MissMaw for the signatures!
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 9, 2015 7:07am | Report
like your mom
TheSilverDust
<Member>
TheSilverDust's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 9, 2015 7:11am | Report
The discussion went to genitals now XD
Thanks Vapora Dark for the sig!
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 9, 2015 7:12am | Report
Yeah, it's as I expected. It's true that I haven't been active outside of inhouses, and I did say that there are many better candidates other than myself. I never clarified the issue for myself, because it just wasn't that important and it seems slight bitterness subconsciously grew as a result.

I've just been too busy to play as much and contribute recently; pretty huge life changes inc.
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 9, 2015 7:37am | Report

Now all he needs is a picture if MissMaw saying, "Is that actually THE Vapora?" and he won't ever need to download or screenshot another photo for the rest of his single-handed sexual life.
Huh that doesn't make any sense... Khazem or Falseogod saying it on the other hand...
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 9, 2015 7:46am | Report

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide