Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Elise, the Spider Queen Revealed

Creator: Mowen October 17, 2012 8:29pm
Fox Rage
<Member>
Fox Rage's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 17, 2012 10:00pm | Report
Another shapeshifter QQ. Still surprised she doesn't look more like a jungler. I,d be very surprised if it wasn't a jungler. It wouln't make any sense to me.

I'm referring to what I posted in the other thread :
Fox Rage wrote:
I'm guessing she'll be mage/tank who will also happen to be a jungler. Lately, Riot talked a lot about the jungle remake that they want to do for season 3. A jungle remake that would kind of ''nerf'' ganking oriented junglers (Alistar, Maokai, Nautilus, etc. etc.) and kind of ''buff'' farming oriented junglers and/or unorthodoxe junglers (Master Yi, Fiora, Fiddlesticks, etc. etc.). It would make sense that Riot release a jungler right before this new jungle hit the opening of season 3.

Riot has also been talking, latelly, about how there were too many viable AD jungles and too little viable AP junglers (wich I think limit itself to Diana and Alistar). They said they wanted to remake the jungle so AP junglers would also be able to jungle efficiently. Therefore, if the new champion is a jungler, it'd make sense if it was an AP user. Since melee glass canons champion (Yi, Tryn, Fiora) aren't even viable, it'd be dumb of Riot to make Elise a melee carry. No one would buy her knowing she'd be completely underpower in the current metagame. Therefore, she has to be tanky. And it has to have as much CC as possible. LoL community love champ with a damn lot of CC.

Riot is also planning a melee carry rework, to make them viable, so it might be a good publicity to make the new champ an AP melee carry. But doing so would guarantee a 0 sale of Elise for the first week. First Week that is when people buy the most Elise. But maybe Riot will release this champion so people in general will be able to play her at first, see how bad melee carries are. Then melee carry rework comes in, and people realize how strong Elise now is. They all agree Riot did an awesome job and deserve to be paid by buying RPs. This would be a risky, but very rewarding marketing move.

I personally believe she will be tankier. It would make them sell an AP "bruiser" that people really seem to love playing (Diana, Vladimir, Ryze, Galio to some extend). A lot of people would instabuy Elise just because she's an AP "bruiser". By making her into an AP "bruiser", it'd give much more view to the upcoming melee carry rework. If the rework works as expected, a lot of people will start buying Master Yi, Tryndamere, Fiora, etc. skins again. And skins = $$$.

By making her into an AP "bruiser", Riot would have 1 item (Elise) that whill sell a lot because everyone love playing AP "bruiser" and Riot knows it, and 3 items that will probably sell a damn lot but may not sell at all, making all the hard-work (and money) Riot did go to waste.

By making her into an AP melee carry (a melee glass canon like Master Yi, Tryndamere, Fiora), Riot would have 4 items that will probably sell a damn lot but may not sell at all.

This is where we'll probably learn if Riot prefers to "gamble" by playing risky or if they prefer to play it a lot safer, by gaining less but insure a pretty decent money entry.

In my opinion, it'll be an AP "bruiser" with tons of CC. LoL community freaking love champ with a lot of CC. I believe Riot will play it safer that way.

P.S. I see this kind of stuff as a chess game. So try illustrating what I said with a chess game :P

P.S.2. Higher than a **********er at the moment, so it may explain why it made no sense here and there. Sorry in advance.

P.S.3. Drugs are bad kids.

+rep me and you'll get good karma, wich means you won't be reincarnated into a rock! Isn't that awesome?

But yes this idea has been discussed more than Pam Anderson's tits in a plastic surgeons office.
Xeronn
<Member>
Xeronn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 17, 2012 10:05pm | Report

I was responding to Frozen Blade :p

This chick seems more like Shyv to me than Nidalee, but that may just be aesthetics. Ravenous Dragon/Spider > kitty kat

D:
^^ Check out my Gangplank Guide! ^^
+Rep is OP! Special Forces Gangplank!!
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 17, 2012 10:33pm | Report
The next OP version like Jayce.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 18, 2012 12:53am | Report
Gross... the only Australian spider we are taught to fear in school is the Red Back.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by me ♡
[deleted]
<Editor>
oxide110's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 18, 2012 1:02am | Report
I wish they could stick to ONE SKILL SET!

for god sake they are putting to much power on the new champions jesus.

London is one hour ahead of the rest of England -Luther3000
A Chubby Baby
<Veteran>
A Chubby Baby's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 18, 2012 2:04am | Report
hmm. i still dont really get her abilities. gonna have to wait for the spotlight.
DisturbedFox
<Inhouse Regular>
DisturbedFox's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 18, 2012 7:13am | Report
We need a support ._.
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 18, 2012 7:36am | Report

hmm. i still dont really get her abilities. gonna have to wait for the spotlight.

same.

She seems like she'll be a mid lane terror though, you start off as a ranged, then at 6 you transform into someone who can potentially deal with like every mid lane...?

Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 18, 2012 7:37am | Report

We need a support ._.

Zyra + Lulu + Jayce can all be run as Support :)

Berzerk
<Member>
Berzerk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 18, 2012 7:43am | Report
I'll be going to test her today on PbE =D

Check out my complete guide to top lane here.
Check out my Jayce guide here.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide