Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Guides of the Week! (S9 Week 25)

Creator: PsiGuard June 19, 2019 6:11pm
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 19, 2019 6:11pm | Report

Vladimir《9.12》: Most In-Depth Guide to Vlad by @ Dr Eggmund
Dr Eggmund is an experienced Vladimir main, and his expertise shows in the sheer amount of detail throughout his guide. The guide is broken up by helpful graphics and visuals that make this guide easy to skim or to read all the way through. The cheatsheet also includes builds for both mid lane and top lane Vlad, which is a nice bonus for new Vladimir players looking to flex pick him across both roles.

The pièce de résistance of this guide is the comprehensive Threats section in the cheatsheet. Dr Eggmund includes ratings and tips for a whopping 85 matchups, covering just about every champion you're likely to face in either solo lane. This wealth of matchup knowledge is something you'll only get from a real main of a champion. Definitely check out the matchups if you're planning on picking up Vladimir.

✔️ I'm my own backup by @ Fruxo
Fruxo has a real zeal for improvement and it shows in his guide. This guide has been steadily improving over the past few weeks and its quality has reached the point where I'm happy to feature it. Fruxo's careful placement of icons and graphics as well as a consistent color scheme makes this guide easy on the eyes and fun to read through. Inside, you'll find all the essential Vi info from runes, to items, to combos, to jungle routes and general gameplay tips. You'll also see a lot of great general jungle information which is great for readers who may be new to the role or are looking to sharpen their jungle knowledge.

I really love the beautifully formatted and surprisingly detailed matchups section, as well as the wealth of resources Fruxo references from other MOBAFire members. In addition to his own written descriptions, the guide includes a number of helpful graphics taken from other members of the site (with permission) and used to increase the guide's quality. Fruxo includes a really nice Special Thanks section at the end of the guide that credits all the people that influenced and contributed to his work. His openness to collaboration and criticism has greatly benefited his guide, alongside his own skill and work ethic to put in the time to refine the guide as much as possible.

Yamikaze & Yeager's Challenger Yasuo Guide by @ Yamikaze
It's always fun to see a collaboration between multiple skilled players and experienced guide authors. This guide is the combined work of Yeager, Yamikaze and a Challenger Yasuo player called WayOfTheTempest. By their powers combined, this guide is a great resource for any level of Yasuo player, from beginners to Yasuo mains looking to take their game to the next level.

At risk of sounding like a broken record, I want to highlight this guide's Threats and Synergies in the cheatsheet, as the number of matchups and detailed descriptions make it impossible not to mention. I also liked the general tips and examples in the Laning chapter that walk you through the decision making of a Yasuo player. If you're looking for ways to make your mechanics a little flashier, check out the Advanced Mechanics chapter for useful videos demonstrating some of the classic Yasuo combos and animation cancels.

If you liked any of these guides, be sure to give the authors a vote and comment with your thoughts! See you again next week. :)
Thanks to Janitsu for the sig!
Fruxo
<Administrator>
Fruxo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 20, 2019 1:09am | Report
Thanks for finally featuring me Psi, it's amazing to be on here! Now I just want to improve my guide more. Still love this idea for featured guides, it's awesome. :P
Thanks to jhoijhoi for the sig!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide