Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Notifications System, Mentions & Other Updates

Creator: Mowen November 29, 2016 5:07pm
Ekki
<Veteran>
Ekki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 29, 2016 10:30pm | Report
Mowen wrote:
@ Ekki what do you mean by "Still no way to collapse notifications? :("? Like what do you mean by "collapse"? There is a way to remove them all as read and to remove individual ones. Are you looking for a way to hide them but not remove them somehow orrrr?
I was referencing a suggestion I made some months ago about having multiple notifications from the same source (e.g. same thread) only show as one notification instead of multiple ones. iirc there was some reason why it was hard to do but I figured it was a good opportunity to bring that back up :P

Also, on a small tangent, I think some new ad is dropping my cellphone performance pretty hard. I might do a proper thread on that tomorrow (because using mobafire from my phone is infuriatingly slow) unless it's a known issue.
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 30, 2016 12:59am | Report
Thanks for all the feedback guys, keep it coming! We're already working on improvements. There is definitely an issue with the @ mentions function that is preventing you from scrolling text in the editor, I've temporarily disabled the function until we can find a fix for that.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 30, 2016 12:36pm | Report
Ekki wrote:
Also, on a small tangent, I think some new ad is dropping my cellphone performance pretty hard. I might do a proper thread on that tomorrow (because using mobafire from my phone is infuriatingly slow) unless it's a known issue.

Come to think of it I've been having the same issue, though I thought the fault was mainly with my phone. Whenever I try to log in on my phone and I click on the e-mail box it does an incredibly unnecessary massive zoom on the box (I have to zoom out to actually read what I'm typing properly).

Recently these zooms have been causing the page to crash and making me reload MOBAFire. And when I try to log in again the same thing just happens over and over, so I just literally can't log into MOBAFire on my phone anymore.

On that subject MOBAFire still logs me out every couple of days despite ticking "Remember me", both on my PC and on my phone, hence me having to log into MOBAFire on my phone in the first place.

Aaaand another bug I've noticed, I recently subscribed to MOBAFire Prime to make use of the stream advertisement on guides but it's apparently bugged to uselessness.

When I'm streaming it still says I'm offline. It's not a case of MOBAFire not being able to detect that my stream is online, or the URL being wrong, since when I expand the "Stream is offline" box it does actually show a snippet of my stream. However that's basically useless since no one's going to be expanding my stream box if they think I'm offline.

Considering I bought prime solely for the higher stream exposure it's kind of annoying that it's a feature that's completely non-functional right now (and apparently hasn't been working for like half a year if my friend is correct, he says he reported at the time but it's still not working), so I hope that can be fixed soon. Or I'd rather just get a refund.
Epic Fail Guy
<Member>
Epic Fail Guy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 30, 2016 1:24pm | Report
This update is actually awesome as I (and probably most other site users) thought that the notifications were poor.

As you guys seem to be upgrading things I would like to suggest doing something to the guide order. What I mean is, when you search a guide, the guide that is first, in some cases isn't the best. I don't know exactly how it works but I think that it should be more of a combination of how often it gets updated, votes and popularity.

Thanks for the sick updates :)
Credit to The_Nameless_Bard for the signature
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 30, 2016 1:43pm | Report
Thanks for the reports / feedback guys! We're still going through all of these and have already fixed quite a few. We're working on getting them live + fixing the new reports.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 30, 2016 10:11pm | Report

I was super hyped but then found the above :(

Awesome update though, @ mowen and @ matt (and @ flashj?)!

^ whelp, looks like if you don't capitalise, it doesn't capitalise? Links still work though.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 1, 2016 4:49am | Report
I'm having the same issue as @ jhoijhoi

by jhoijhoi
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 1, 2016 11:24am | Report
Mention function has been re-enabled and scrollbars in text areas have been fixed! All reported bugs besides Prime streams have been fixed at this point. Keep the bug reports coming! >:)

@ Vapora Dark if you're still having that ghost notification, next time you get a notification (aka now) hit the "Remove Notification" button and it should get rid of the hidden notif. We've also fixed the underlying issue so there shouldn't be any more ghost notifications!

@ jhoijhoi @ MissMaw your blank notification page should be fixed, try now!
Thanks to Minho for my sig!
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 1, 2016 10:44pm | Report
Really cool! :D
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by me ♡
Re4XN
<Member>
Re4XN's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 2, 2016 9:11am | Report
@ Re4XN Holy ****, this is awesome!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide