Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Season 2 Rewards and Ratings Changes

Creator: wRAthoFVuLK September 12, 2012 11:44pm
1 2
What do you think about these new Elo changes?
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 13, 2012 10:58am | Report
I know it did. I'm saying if someone decided to start playing ranked right now, played his placement matches and got put at 1500 ELO (like me) he would get gold for only having played 10 games.
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 13, 2012 11:07am | Report
Well you still have to be relatively good to win that many games; getting to 1500 with placement matches only if you are currently unranked because you don't play ranked would require 7-3 or 8-2ish; most of the people that still haven't used their placement matches are noobs/new 30s and probably wouldn't be able to do that anyway.

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Khazem
<King of the Hill>
Khazem's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 13, 2012 1:13pm | Report
Mowen does have a point. I remember when I first started playing ranked, my placement games got me to 1600 by sheer luck really. I wasn't even close to that level when I got there and I dropped to 1200 pretty quickly after that.. So yeah some people might be getting gold by just being lucky.
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 13, 2012 1:18pm | Report
Ya and people always are getting lucky, carried, paying for elo, etc. It happens. Still just a game.

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 13, 2012 1:23pm | Report
I don't mind having top elo as a marker considering elo tends to fluctuate. The only thing that bothers/worries me is how quickly you can climb with placement matches. I don't know why there are so few or why they give so much elo so quickly. 40+ elo per game is a little insane considering you're probably not up against very good players yet.
Thanks to Minho for the sig!
TheLastWolf
<Member>
TheLastWolf's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 13, 2012 1:41pm | Report
I´m going to have to play like a maniac if I want to upload to level 30 (29 right now) and arrive to that Gold tier...Yes, is imposible xD

-Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard , Xiaowiriamu and myself for this awesome sigs-

-Place for the future guides-
Berzerk
<Member>
Berzerk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 13, 2012 2:52pm | Report
Im just thinking this makes all the medals going down a value, and the elo amounts needed for each are rising. (Ie: bronze= none, silver=bronze etc..) Though I am happy that it just became alot easier to get plat elo from ranked 5s and I already have gold elo there to get my janna skin. xD

Check out my complete guide to top lane here.
Check out my Jayce guide here.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide