Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

[Site Update] New Layout & Search Updates!

Creator: Mowen May 26, 2015 12:36pm
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 27, 2015 8:01am | Report
PsiGuard wrote:

I'm sure it's possible to implement. Is this really an important feature though? The wiki doesn't really seem that big.
The way I see it nobody will want to update a wiki that doesn't have any visibility. I think that's also the reason why stuff like the new jungle monsters aren't in there yet (and because of that also not available in guides). I wouldn't call it a life-saving feature though.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 27, 2015 10:37am | Report
I would like to mention that the Homepage, "Featured Guides" & "Popular Guides This Week" have been the same 6 guides for the past 5 months

We're still working on a fix for this. It's not bugged but we need a better algorithm to ensure that the content changes regularly.

Janitsu wrote:
Also now that we are on it - the editor dropdown menu is on the right side of the editor tools and it's sometimes really hard to press to get to the scouted list :^)

Could you screenshot what you're talking about? Wayne and I have a lot of tools so it's probably in a different spot for us.

emoriam wrote:
There is a new issue occcuring on my screen: When I click on comments in the profile's activity log I don't get transmitted to the comments itself but to the first page of the threads.

Besides, I'm still looking forward to the 'new guides' tab being added to the front page - at least to the menu 'Builds & Guides'

Wayne just talked about this first issue (or at least an almost identical one). It's being worked on, not to worry.

Way ahead of you on the New Guides thing. I know you guys have been wanting that.

The way I see it nobody will want to update a wiki that doesn't have any visibility. I think that's also the reason why stuff like the new jungle monsters aren't in there yet (and because of that also not available in guides). I wouldn't call it a life-saving feature though.

I don't think that not being able to search the wiki is what's stopping people from updating it. Also I should warn you that MOBAFire devs rarely devote resources to a feature that is underused. When there's a catch-22 like that, it's always up to the community to produce enough activity to warrant improvements. It kinda sucks but they have a lot of things to work on so usually they won't put time into features that might not be used much. We've had similar problems with the Scout system in the past.

@Foxy Riven: I'll take a look at your guides and see if I can do anything.
Edit: Looks like I'm getting the same problem. Passed it on to the devs, hopefully they can figure out what's wrong. I'll let you know if I hear anything.
Thanks to Hoppermh for the sig!
TheRealCefor
<Member>
TheRealCefor's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 27, 2015 11:38am | Report
^ Awesome. You're doing good work, guys. It's not like I'm losing my mind over any of these minor problems, but I thought this thread would be the best place to get the attention of the Admins
IceCreamy
<Veteran>
IceCreamy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 27, 2015 2:44pm | Report
I have troubles with subscriptions:

When I have a subscription, if I click on it, it directs me to the first page of the thread I subscribed to, instead of the new comment. I also noted that, in my url bar, there was the "comment#" thingy written, even though I was directed to the first page of the thread.

This also goes for posting comments.

Small thing that has annoyed me for quite some time, when updating Summoner Spells:

It would be awesome to have a Summoner Spells tab at the location of the red arrow (or anywhere in that drop down menu, really).

Besides that, nice update, I'll need a few days to get used to it and not misclick on the Tournaments tab when I want to go to the Forums though :D

DuffTime wrote:
ok ok plz carry me omg
i was only waiting for you to ask

Temzilla wrote:
Too hot to be icecream.

Luther3000 wrote:
He looks like a hair gel advert on legs

Toshabi wrote:
Icecreamy, with hair as slick and smooth as the ocean waves of Cocobana
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 27, 2015 3:10pm | Report
I'll pass it on, thanks Chris.
Thanks to Minho for the sig!
IceCreamy
<Veteran>
IceCreamy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 27, 2015 3:38pm | Report
PsiGuard wrote:
I'll pass it on, thanks Chris.

My current way is writing the Summoner Spell I need in a comment, then clicking More Options and click the Summoner Spell. If there's a quicker way I'd love to know :P

DuffTime wrote:
ok ok plz carry me omg
i was only waiting for you to ask

Temzilla wrote:
Too hot to be icecream.

Luther3000 wrote:
He looks like a hair gel advert on legs

Toshabi wrote:
Icecreamy, with hair as slick and smooth as the ocean waves of Cocobana
Foxy Riven
<Editor>
Foxy Riven's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 27, 2015 4:36pm | Report
Thanks Psi :)
(Check out my guides, they're linked to their pictures!)

If I helped you in any way, that +REP is always nice^^
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 27, 2015 4:51pm | Report
IceCreamy wrote:
My current way is writing the Summoner Spell I need in a comment, then clicking More Options and click the Summoner Spell. If there's a quicker way I'd love to know :P

If you can save or remember it, just use this URL: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/summoner-spells

I'll see if we can get Summoner Spells as a dropdown option in the search bar as well.
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
Elusive Ferret
<Crowd Favorite>
Elusive Ferret's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 27, 2015 7:26pm | Report
Since the site update I can't edit my guide :'(

Forever spins when I try and save, doesn't even come up with the 'error saving message'.
I can't take back the words I never said
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 27, 2015 7:37pm | Report
Hmm, sounds like a different problem than Foxy Riven's. I'll have someone look into it asap, thanks Elusive.
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide