Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

How did you come up with your gamer/summoner name?

Creator: Electro522 January 25, 2015 6:02pm
1 2 3 4 5
Electro522
<Guide Critic>
Electro522's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 25, 2015 6:02pm | Report
Simple question just for fun.

To start things off, I'll tell the story of my name. My original gamer name is Electro522 (I have Paleo right now because I am part of ranked team). Now, you might be thinking: "Well, that's easy, you got your name from the Spiderman Electro!" Actually, I didn't.

The name "Electro" I actually came up with myself years before I knew of the Electro from Spiderman. I made it in, I think, third grade (about 15 years ago) when me and a few of my friends would play this arena like game in our school's sandbox. We'd make these made up heroes, act as them, and just try to outclass each other. Fun times.

I liked the idea of Electro so much, that my "Electro" became something of an imaginary friend for me. I even designed a costume for Halloween based off of this "Electro" (I had lightning bolts coming out of my eyes...it was awesome!).

Eventually, I got into gaming, and any game that ask for a user name, I would use "Electro" because I still really liked the name. I'm not sure if anyone has heard of this, but my first online game was a game Mech Quest; a futuristic spinoff of the game Adventure Quest where you piloted giant mechs. I got board of it after about a month, but when registering for it, "Electro" had already been taken, and one of the suggestions it gave for an alternative name was "Electro522". Since it rolled off the going quite nicely, I decided to keep it, and Ive been using it ever since (about 8 or more years now).

So, what stories are behind your guys' names? Did you come up with it on the spot, or is there an actual story behind like mine? Either way, I'm interested what any of you have to say.
Thank you jhoijhoi for the sig!
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 25, 2015 6:07pm | Report
I came up with mine because it's cool.

Basically MOBAFire.
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 25, 2015 6:11pm | Report
I'm not sure, it just happend. "Joxuu" is some kind of remix of my irl name I guess.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 25, 2015 6:43pm | Report
my old summoner name (TheNamelessBard) is a book reference (he's currently my avatar).

amandamonium is a play on the words pandemonium and my name (Amanda).
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 25, 2015 9:51pm | Report
Joxuu wrote:
I'm not sure, it just happend. "Joxuu" is some kind of remix of my irl name I guess.

Ouujx?
Is that you?

Basically MOBAFire.
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 25, 2015 10:21pm | Report
Toshabi: I wanted to confuse people (Toshiba)

Lv 100 Croconaw: Favorite pokemon.
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 26, 2015 12:18am | Report
Meiyjhe wrote:
It was a game at mid school for a long time to make words bigger than they actually are without changing its pronounciation. Things like:
Cool -> Quoewlh
Age -> Eidgsche
Me -> Meiyjhe

I thought it would be funny to define myself with Meiyjhe on certain social networks instead of my actual name, thus I picked it. Before I used to have another nickname for games, but eventually it started to bore me and I used Meiyjhe in all games aswell.

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/forum/off-topic/name-etymology-25300
http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/forum/general/how-did-you-choose-your-usernames-30889
Change is gooooood
Picture by: VirusNG1
Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 26, 2015 2:14am | Report
FatChocobo because why be a chocobo if you're not gonna be fat?
R4GE
<Member>
R4GE's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 26, 2015 6:41am | Report
I came up with my new name (Offended) because I find almost everything offensive :>
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 26, 2015 7:46am | Report
Yeah, I'm bad with puns.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
1 2 3 4 5

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide