Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

How to find a good girlfriend

Creator: TheJohn August 18, 2011 1:51pm

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

161 posts - page 13 of 17
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 19, 2011 6:12pm | Report
I'm actually a reasonable guy :P Even potentially eloquent at times, as you so put it xP

I just have my moments, particularly in the beginning when I wasn't prepared for the KIND of feedback I received from certain individuals in particular. But I'm over that now and me and those people tend to avoid each other fairly well so it's more gravy than home country buffet :D

The reason some people find me abrasive is really because I -embrace- those moments more than others might. *Shrug* Personality flaw? Perhaps, not really sure, heh.

But yeah, I'd be open to acting out a situation or two for the greater good =P

I do love my Moba/LoL children's after all, 'tis why I write guides xP
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 19, 2011 6:15pm | Report
Searz wrote:

Wut're we talking about here =?

We're casually making small talk, to avoid awkward hang ups in conversation.

Care to join?

Your crab leg is looking particularly dashing today. No ****.
Dotter
<Member>
Dotter's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 19, 2011 6:30pm | Report
Adonikam: Then write it in a PM xD
I'd like to know how the heck you found me xD
Adonikam
<Veteran>
Adonikam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 19, 2011 6:37pm | Report
This thread is full of ****...

JHOIJHOI IS THE BESTEST PERSON IN THE WHOLE WORLD AND THIS SIG IS AMAZING TY <3
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 19, 2011 6:48pm | Report
I was up to like... 3am lawl :P

I totally agree with Duff, Searz, your crab leg does look particularly festered and glistening with puss today :3
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by me ♡
Yougan
<Member>
Yougan's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 19, 2011 6:49pm | Report
Like a boss.

Thanks to jhoijhoi, Brynolf, Jeffy40hands, Samoh, MissMaw, Vavena, Koksei and The-Nameless-Bard for my signs
theBMB
<Member>
theBMB's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 19, 2011 6:53pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

If you are having trouble picking up a girlfriend, these are the only possible reasons:

a) You are extremely unattractive (like naturally you're bad looking. Really obese, really hairy with monobrow, eyes too close together)
b) You are tall, but you hunch yourself over so that you don't look as tall (FOR CRYING OUT LOUD STAND UP STRAIGHT, GIRLS LOVE TALL GUYS!)
c) You smell. Seriously. Put on some deodorant, wash your hair so it's not greasy.
d) Your teeth are bad. If they are crooked, I guess there's nothing you can do if you can't afford the dentist, but yellow teeth are inexcusable. Stop smoking. Stop drinking. Start brushing your teeth.
e) You are stupid. You do stupid things at lunch time. You get poor grades.
f) You did something bad that everyone remembers (and are bullied/teased for it)

^ these reasons are the only reasons why you shouldn't have a girlfriend.

a)I am extremely attractive, I am compared to Drake on a regular basis, and I consider myself more attractive than him
b)I am neither short or tall, I stand up straight all the time
c)I bathe everyday
d)I have a beautiful smile
e)I graduated in the top 10% of a private high school
f)I could beat up anyone who tried to bully me, but I wouldn't

JHOI Y I NO HAVE GURLFWEND???!?!1?

...probably because I keep chasing after sorority/party girls who are easily the most indecisive and random creatures on the planet.
Dotter
<Member>
Dotter's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 19, 2011 6:53pm | Report
I haven't read all the posts in this thread, not even close (too many damn pages).
But my advice to you TheJohn would be: This is only from my personal experience - I've always talked alot with both girls and boys, I don't care that much about gender when it comes to friends, only when it comes to girlfriends, since I am not homosexual.

1) Be yourself, do not act differently than you do around your friends or female friends. (perhaps flirt a bit more), but do not act like they are from another planet or do things, which doesn't fit your nature to do. They will easily discover that and wonder if you're not confident with your personality. If you do not seem confident about it, there might be a reason. (A shame, since 90% of the people I know with low self-esteem are really nice people).

2) Do not talk bad about other people. Personally I don't talk behind people's backs. Often people talk behind other people's back to create some sort of group, which has some sort of similarity (kinda like sub-cultures, but in a smaller scale). They confirm their own group's identity by making another kind of people look bad. Furthermore people, who don't talk bad about other people are more confident and they rest within themselves, because they have the self-esteem and knowledge to look past the faults of other humans. People who rests within themselves often have more acceptance towards people, who are not like themselves, simply because such a person accepts himself/herself and therefore he/she has an easier time accepting others. I consider myself as a person, who rests within himself and therefore I do not feel threatened by person's, who aren't like me.

3) You don't have to act macho and all, some girls like it, but most of the girls I know, think it is kinda lame to have to act like an Alpha to boost your own confidence. Personally I see people kinda like a coin (with a certain value). No matter how a coin looks like and what is has been used for, it is worth the same. I think people are the same way. An Alpha is not worth more than a nerd, nor is a good-looking girl worth more than a less attractive girl. You have to know people before you judge them. Some of the nicest people I've ever met are people, who has get bullied and are considered outsiders (I frankly give a **** about people's social status, I hang out with them if I like them). Some of the nicest girls I've met have not been that good-looking, but their personalities make them more attractive. My point with this is that you don't have to expect hot babes all the time, like the ones you see in movies. People draw their standards way too high, because of the media.

4) Finally, I think it is important not to care what other people think. I know that some people have difficulties with someone they like, because they are afraid what their friends might say, because the girl might not be that attractive. Other people's opinion means nothing if you like someone. Unless your closest friends don't like them because they act bad towards them - Bros over hos imo. ^^

I just rambled alot, I just got home from a night in the city and the alcohol hasn't left my body completely yet xD

hope this makes sense in any way xD
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 19, 2011 7:07pm | Report
dotter, that post was like 50$ is the same as 100$ :P

DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 19, 2011 7:11pm | Report
theBMB wrote:

...probably because I keep chasing after sorority/party girls who are easily the most indecisive and random creatures on the planet.

Orrr people think you to be egotistical? :P

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide