Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Manga/Anime You Read/Watch

Creator: Jebus McAzn February 20, 2011 6:30pm
3336 posts - page 268 of 334
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 10, 2014 10:44am | Report
Watched Kanon, although old it got recommended due to being similar to clannad. My thoughts:

The bad:
The romance was pretty meh, basically the main protagonist fell in love with the character I'd hit on the least. The whole things going on between these 2 absolutely ruined the final episodes to me.
From time to time it was a bit too childish, e.g. during flashbacks. It's okay for some time but it gets annoying after 10+ episodes.
As I watched this AFTER Clannad I couldn't help but see how Clannad was essentially Kanon 2.0 - even though they are different in some aspects you can't help but see the resemblances.

The good:
I really like how they made multiple mini-storylines which introduce the main characters and tell their story (just like clannad). Most of the characters also had a lot of character depth which I liked.
The mysterious stuff was pretty well done and got me clinched to the series till the end. I'd also say there is a lot of unpredictable stuff happening which definitely is a good thing.
I like the art style a lot and the music was great as well.

In the end I gave it a 8/10 but if it wasn't for the final eps. (except 23/24) it would've been a 9/10 for sure.
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 10, 2014 5:24pm | Report
I've almost completed Psycho Pass now. I've got few episodes remaining and I can say it's quite enjoyable and one doesn't get bored while watching it. Really interested to see how the season 2 continues.

The character design and the sounds are so good.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 11, 2014 4:24pm | Report
^I rather had that feeling that the main character's face looked stoned all the time xD
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 11, 2014 4:27pm | Report
Now that I think of it... LOL.
But the female lead character is really good.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 11, 2014 7:15pm | Report
I just watched Edge of Tomorrow, the movie based on the same concept as All You Need is Kill, which I've read in manga form previously (not sure if the manga follows the novel).
I came in expecting a decent action movie, but was pleasantly surprised. VERY pleasantly surprised.

What surprised me the most was how well the story was played out. It has many twists and turns and none of them seem out of place or illogical. In fact, many of them are quite clever and unexpected. I have a minor gripe with the ending twist, but nothing that comes close to compromising my enjoyment of the movie.
All the time-travel parts make sense in the context of the story, which odd considering how many other time travel stories fail. Even a highly rated series like Stein's;Gate has several major plotholes.

Acting is great, I loved the drill-sergeant (or whatever his rank was) and the two leads are very well acted too. Tom really fits this kind of role, more so than anything else I've seen him in. I never really liked him before Jack Reacher (which is also a good movie) and now he's really started to grow on me with this movie.
Many have drawn parallels to Tom's previous movie Oblivion, and while the settings are both futuristic and apocalyptic they are very different movies. Not only in premise but also in execution. Oblivion had great potential but is riddled with plot holes and inconsistencies. And none of that bogs down Edge of Tomorrow.

I am so glad this movie did the concept right. It's a great concept and after All You Need is Kill ****ed up completely I was pretty disappointed. I'm happy to say that this movie is SOOO much better than All You Need is Kill.
In fact, I'd go as far as saying that this is one of my favorite movies ever. Up there with movies like Drive, Moon and Mr.Nobody.
I thoroughly recommend watching it.
Unofficial lifebakaTM Rating: Best movie ever / 10

I also watched Divergent recently. It's basically a female teenage power fantasy. I like that movies like it exists, but it wasn't all that good. Lots and lots of silly things. And the action scenes weren't especially impressive. I did like some of the dialogue at least.
Unofficial lifebakaTM Rating: Silly power fantasy / 10
"I love the dirty bomb tag because i get either

a) posts about the game

b) current world affairs" - steel-sentry
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 11, 2014 9:37pm | Report
Edge of Tomorrow is a movie that I haven't seen. Still...
Official lifebakaTM rating: Super Meat Boy: The Movie / 10

Divergent is another movie I haven't seen. But I did read the books. So...
Official lifebakaTM rating: Poor man's Hunger Games (which also wasn't particularly good) / 10

Anyway, anime.

Akatsuki no Yona is another fantasy anime. This one seems to be about a girl princess lady's kingdom falling apart around her just as she comes of age. Because people are *******s for reasons not yet explained. I didn't expect much after the first few minutes, honestly, but the first episode was actually quite nice. It's very, very solid. If it looks like something you'd go for, absolutely go for it.
Official lifebakaTM rating: Fantasy OP even without boobs, rito pls / 10

Trinity Seven is a relatively standard shonen of the beat-up-these-people-for-reasons type, looks like it's going to involve silly and unnecessary fanservice. It's not bad, just kinda' decidedly mediocre. There was little that was special or particularly interesting in the first episode, but until it makes a major misstep (which most anime do), I'm in for now.
Official lifebakaTM rating: Magical boobs OP, rito pls / 10

Hi-sCoool! SeHa Girl was so bad. Oh gods, I should've known better. Again with the CGI that I don't like, except this time without at least having the decency to be, like, possibly enjoyable if you can overlook its bad plot and janky animation. Just so very no. If you weren't already planning to, skip this.
Official lifebakaTM rating: Don't even / 10

Gundam Build Fighters Try was all right. One of those game-thing animes like Beyblade or something, except about plastic gundam models. I expected this to suck super hard, and then it didn't. Still probably not what many people would be looking for, though, but perhaps interesting if you like stuff like Beyblade and are interesting in something in that vein that appears not to suck.
Official lifebakaTM rating: Eh, maybe if you like a certain style of bad anime / 10

Garo - The Animation was solid. Fantasy in a the-Japanese-don't-actually-know-how-to-Europe setting involving witches and what I assume is the Catholic church. One of these things are actually demons, and hint hint it isn't the witches. So we end up with an action show about demon hunters fighting the church, if I'm right about where this is going. Art style took a little getting used to, but the anime actually looks quite good. Until the fight scenes start, which are all CGI ********. I could sooooo do without CGI ******** in the scenes that are supposed to look good. Still, that's my one major gripe here, everything else is solid or pretty good.
Official lifebakaTM rating: Worth a shot / 10

Hitsugi no Chaika S2's first episode was fun (I'm not even going to use the subtitle). Some things happened between seasons, but nothing too out there. Looks like we're going to get more explanations as to what the balls is actually going on with the Chaikas and stuff, which is nice. I can enjoy just watching the main Chaika futz around and be adorable, but if the anime also has a plot I'll be super happy. And I'm thinking that there might be some plot goin' down. I am such excite.
Official lifebakaTM rating: If you enjoyed season 1, DEW EET / 10

Parasyte - the maxim was really interesting. It's the kind of shonen where the (always) male lead gets some weird super powers and ends up in super power fights and bad things happen, like Tokyo Ghoul from last season or a bunch of other things, but I really liked the first episode. I mean, the first scene was a little much, I think, but after that it did quite well. Also, there was so much casual body horror, and the anime not shoving my face in how horrifying this is supposed to be was honestly really refreshing. I'm totally going to go with this for now and see how it pans out. I'd be interested to hear if the source material is any good, though, just so I can adjust my expectations accordingly.
Official lifebakaTM rating: Quite good / 10

Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai seems to be one of those slice of life anime with a little bit of a supernatural element. At least, I assume it's going to be slice of life, since that's basically what the first episode does, but it could possibly move in another direction without surprising me overly much. Cast gets together because male lead saves one of the major female characters using minor premonition (which, of course, no one believes), plus there's stuff about some weird dude who might be magic looking for a successor. Male lead and seemingly-more-major female character are also totally bizarre and not really believable. Overall, right up my alley and I really enjoyed it, but it's probably not going to be better than decent.
Official lifebakaTM rating: Maybe bad, but I like it / 10

Shirobako is this season's P.A. Works anime. But featuring older characters than many P.A. Works anime do. Kinda' jack all happens in the first episode, which if it follows the pattern of P.A. Works anime is par for the course. This one's nominally about people working in animation (i.e. making anime), and so far there's nothing suggesting that anything weird is going to be going on, but I seriously don't know if there's supposed to be a point beyond just doing slice of life stuff. Probably I'm going to do what I also do with P.A. Works anime and stop watching it partway through because I just don't really give a ****.
Official lifebakaTM rating: P.A. Works is as P.A. Works does / 10

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso has one freakin' hell of an art budget. Like dear gods, this is a slice of life romance involving people who play music, and the animation is just soooo good. They still cut corners to make things easier, of course but there's a lot of motion in some of these scenes, and all of it looks good. Just, damn. Oh, it was also otherwise quite good, to top it off. So yeah, good slice of life romance. I can dig it.
Official lifebakaTM rating: lifebaka approves / 10

Ore Twintail ni Narimasu is so incredibly stupid and bad, it almost works. I mean, almost. It actually doesn't work. It simply focuses too much on having male characters (one of which is a lizardman) be weirdly perverted, which takes me out of the narrative too much. This is unfortunate, because the dialogue, while stupid, is well-written enough that I could maybe enjoy this in all its stupidity with some relatively minor changes. As is, though, I can only suggest trying it if you want to watch an anime whose only redeeming quality is that it's not as bad as it should be.
Official lifebakaTM rating: Not as bad as it should be means that it's still bad / 10

So yeah. That's a lot of anime that I've watched.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 12, 2014 5:14am | Report
The Edge of Tomorrow Movie has a different ending (in my opionion, a better ending) than the Manga/Novel.

Can't go into detail much, cus of spoilers, and some uncertainties, due to me watching/reading them quite a while ago :/.

B2t on animes:
I used to watch all animes released in a season and then decide to continue or not.
But as of lately I mostly judge based on if I know the Manga or not.
80% (random statistics, cus we know it sounds cool) of released Animes have a Manga that I read at least 1-3 chapters already (before deciding to drop).

Therefore, probs to your endurance lifebaka, helping me choose wisely on what to watch :D
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 12, 2014 8:56am | Report
xIchi wrote:
The Edge of Tomorrow Movie has a different ending (in my opionion, a better ending) than the Manga/Novel.

Dose opionions, so tasty.

Well, other than the premise they are very different.
The thing that is the most similar between the two is probably Rita. I'd also like to point out that she was weirdly thin in the manga, while Ms.Blunt clearly has some muscle going in the movie, which makes far more sense.

xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 12, 2014 9:11am | Report
^tru dat.
Rita was supposed to be an insane warrior, a hero like person.
And then it is sth like a 1.60m 40kg gurl lol.

And yeah, I specifically said that the movie has a different ending and not that it has a better ending!
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 12, 2014 9:47am | Report
xIchi wrote:
And yeah, I specifically said that the movie has a different ending and not that it has a better ending!

Huh? But you did write that you thought that the movie had a better ending.
I was just making fun of your misspelling of opinions, which contained the word onion :P
"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide