Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Manga/Anime You Read/Watch

Creator: Jebus McAzn February 20, 2011 6:30pm
3336 posts - page 267 of 334
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2014 12:37pm | Report
Some more Season Animes:
Amagami Brilliant Park -
Until I watched this I did not realize that I already read the manga.
Again this anime is actually better than the manga and has a better flow. MC is interesting.
Heroines are kinda boring and generic.
Fine to watch for entertainment.

Inou Battle wa Nichijou..yadayada -
Welp. I don't know what to do with this.
Let's watch this for the slapstick, since D-Frag and Persona 4 gave me a good taste of Slapstick and I started to like that sort of comedy.

Deadly Seven Sins -
OMG! A shounen! Wait I like this?
Yeah. This is kind of a shounen that will immediately remind me of my old days of anime watching.
A nice shounen, with a nice nostalgic artstyle and progression/events that are not too cringe worthy.
And we finally got some kinda normal shounen hero, instead of a whiny-loser MC that has some good traits. (Both of those MCs got the shounen thing going on, but lately the 2nd one got more popular it seems).
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2014 1:39pm | Report
Oh gods there are so many anime what am I even doing.

Cross Ange was all right. Sci-fi-ish about girls piloting robots against dragons because they can't use magic (or something). Except all the first episode gets done is world setup, princess doing princess things, and the whole some-people-don't-use-magic bit of it. And then it goes edgy-because-it's-trying-to-be-dark. Oh, and the opening and ending tell me that there's gonna' be a ton of fanservice and maybe lesbians. This is probably going to be bad, but this sounds like the kind of trash I want right now.
Official lifebakaTM Rating: Fantasy boobs still OP, rito pls (nerf riven) / 10

Magic Kaito 1412 is one of two look-I'm-a-master-thief shows so far this season. The genre happens to be very, very much not my thing, so I'm not going to watch this, but this is definitely the better of the two. Noses are a bit wonky, but otherwise it looks fine. I'm really not familiar enough with the genre to have much here, except a very "eh" feeling.
Official lifebakaTM Rating: Eh, but maybe go for it if you like the genre / 10

Sora no Method is one of those slice-of-life shows with a bit of supernatural nonsense going on. I really enjoyed the first episode, but slice-of-life is kinda' my jam. Some supernatural thing happened when the characters were kids, now the one who moved away is back, plot ensues. First episode ends on a nice kinda'-cliffhanger, and I am totally sold on watching the rest of the series. Characters might end up being a tad bland, but that would hardly be the end of the world.
Official lifebakaTM Rating: Slice-of-"dear god what this that giant disk thing in the sky" / 10

Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji is a romance. My inner feminist has issues with the premise. I'm really not okay with what looks, on the surface, to be an abusive relationship. While it'll turn out all right in the end (of course, this is romance we're talking about), I'm not really down with telling people that abusive relationships are okay. Oh, and the female lead gets herself into the mess because she has to fake having a boyfriend to fit in, which is also all kinds of stupid. That said, it is still well executed, although some of the art decisions I'm not quite as fond of. This isn't bad, but I'm going to have to pass.
Official lifebakaTM Rating: Not bad, just enrages my inner feminist / 10

Grisaia no Kajitsu was pretty good, although it had far more panty shots that seemed necessary for the tone. There were several, but the show otherwise has a serious tone that would be better suited to zero panty shots. Anyway, a show about people attending school who aren't normal, so there's six people (five girls, one guy who just transferred in) at the whole school. First episode introduces people, shows that they're ridiculous, includes weird and unnecessary fanservice, then shows us that it really meant it these people aren't normal. Art is good, but letterboxed oddly, like it wanted an IMAX resolution instead of a more standard TV aspect ratio. I'm down for watching the rest of this, I just hope that stupid fanservice doesn't bring me out of the narrative.
Official lifebakaTM Rating: Could be good, not sure yet / 10

Gugure! Kokkuri-san was hilarious. Man, I had so much fun with that first episode. It was so weird and played on expectations of where jokes would be and what their punchlines would be. Little girl summons fox spirit, proceeds to try to get him to leave and makes him feel bad about himself. He doesn't, things happen, later there's a lightsaber. It was great. Really, really great. Give it a shot.
Official lifebakaTM Rating: Comedy is good / 10

Kaitou Joker is the other look-I'm-a-master-thief anime. This one is for children, however. I didn't watch the whole episode, as neither the genre nor intended audience work well for me. If you like the genre, the other show in it this season (see above) is probably better.
Official lifebakaTM Rating: Skip / 10

Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de is going to be dumb. It's a slice-of-life with a chuunibyou plus superpowers. Kinda' like Kokoro Connect, except more of an action/comedy instead of a drama. So I'm going to love this, but it is probably only going to be decent at best.
Official lifebakaTM Rating: Super powers are always funny / 10

Donten ni Warau was not my cup of tea. Meiji era historical revisionist shonen. Not clue what it's supposed to be about yet, other than having three brothers as main characters, but the art budget isn't high enough to look all that pretty during fight scenes (not enough moving parts) and it's not making up much ground on writing. Undoubtedly safe to skip.
Official lifebakaTM Rating: Bad shonen is bad / 10

And I've still got a half dozen shows on deck. Will update as I work through them. And maybe see about some continuing discussion of the stuff I actually like as the season progresses.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2014 1:41pm | Report
Question for those who have seen Psycho Pass: There is the 2012 one and remake after it. Which one should I watch (taking into consideration there is Psycho Pass 2 inc ?).

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2014 2:35pm | Report
Donten ni Warau is... meh, I don't know yet. The first episode didn't introduce everything yet, the best part was probably the cliffhanger at the end, and a little bit of subtle comedy. Can't say more until the next episode, but I don't think this will become a must-watch. So far: samurai, temple, shounen, amgwaiamisouselesspls. I'll explain more properly once I know how much fantasy is going to get mixed in.

Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo is that kind of a mecha we all know and love, mixed up with the magical girl genre and some more serious violence (I'm calling it, lifebaka, it will be darker than you expect).

rated M for maybe not appropriate or: lifebaka approves (TM)

I wouldn't recommend it to anyone though, think Elfen Lied + Aldnoah.Zero + random magical girl anime with dragons of which I always forget the name even though I watched three seasons of it.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2014 4:19pm | Report
Joxuu wrote:
Question for those who have seen Psycho Pass: There is the 2012 one and remake after it. Which one should I watch (taking into consideration there is Psycho Pass 2 inc ?).

Good question. That's one of the very few shows I'm actually planning on watching.
"I'm ebolakin. You can refer to me as Ebola-Chan." - Vurtax

"I also am Otherkin. Whenever autumn rolls around I can feel my kin-type slowly taking over my body. You must know, I identify as pumpkin. I can control it pretty good most of the time, but when September ends, I just cant hold it in anymore. Whenever Im outside I see my brothers and sisters being chopped into soup, coffee, donuts, cake, drinks, bread - ppl even cut human faces into their skin, making a mockery out of their noble appearance. When I see things like that I cant control my pumpkin urges anymore. My natural instincts kick in. I then sit down motionless, while getting bright orange." - Morgana L
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2014 9:15am | Report
The remake is just like the ones Shaft does.
Better animation, less derp and overall better overhaul of quality.
At least that is what shaft does lol (for blu rays)
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2014 10:56am | Report
xIchi wrote:
The remake is just like the ones Shaft does.
Better animation, less derp and overall better overhaul of quality.
At least that is what shaft does lol (for blu rays)

Oh, so it's just a normal blueray improvement rather than a complete remake?
"We've had a few gloomy years with bad console ports, and what do we get in the light at the end of the console-tunnel? A tablet OS ported to PC." - Atlas Tasume, on Windows 8
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2014 5:18pm | Report
From what I've heard just improvement on quality and 11 episodes a 45~ mins.

And some more footage but not so much of a difference.
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 10, 2014 7:11am | Report
PSYCHO PASS SEASON II EPISODE 1 DHASDJASDHJSAD SO GOOOD
A few animation derps but w/e
Tsunemori Akane is undoubtedly a great lead and possibly one of the best female leads ever imo
I LOVE THE OP THO

EDIT: Legend of Korra s4 episode 2
JADKSAJDKJASDKAJSKDJSAKDSAJDKASJDJKASDJKSADKASJDJKSADJASKJDaskdjj this is awesome.

EDIT 2: Rwby episode 10 cliffhanger i crei
Thanks to Koksei for the sig!
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 10, 2014 10:37am | Report
Any1 watched Kiseijuu: Sei No Kakuritsu, yet?
Any opinions on wether I should start?

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide