Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Obama.... evolves?

Creator: Toshabi May 10, 2012 5:44pm

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

87 posts - page 9 of 9
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 11, 2012 6:35pm | Report
Keondre wrote:

It isn't inherited either. Usually homosexuality is usually really common for boys that don't have a father figure around to teach them manlier things than having a mother around to teach you feminine things. It just happens.

That's wrong, and a very bad stereotype.

I'd like to see any sort of evidence to back that claim up that isn't just Freud's Oedipus complex, the homosexuality part he never really tested, unlike the main part on Little Hans (though that study was extremely biased, and obviously its results subjective). If you have some, great. If not, you're making wild assumptions based on either what you've been told or what you've expected from your own experience.
See also - "There are no empirical studies or peer-reviewed research that support theories attributing same-sex sexual orientation to family dysfunction or trauma (Bell et al., 1981; Bene, 1965; Freund & Blanchard, 1983; Freund & Pinkava, 1961; Hooker, 1969; McCord et al., 1962; D. K. Peters & Cantrell, 1991; Siegelman, 1974, 1981; Townes et al., 1976)."

You guys can't go around making wild assumptions like "everyone was bi curious", etc (even you, Potatis, you and your Pound Puppies references (which nobody but me has so far noticed, to my knowledge, despite the fact there has been so many)) without any psychological or scientific evidence to back it up.

I know this much, though - almost every gay/lesbian you ask will say they DID NOT choose to be homosexual (that or there's a giant consortium of homosexuals conspiring to lie to everyone who asks them that). Either it's a projection of the subconscious in a way they cannot control (as they didn't think it) or you're born with it. Either one, you don't choose to be homosexual, and nobody deserves to be treated badly for something they didn't choose, just as you don't take away people with glasses' rights, for example, that would be nonsensical.

I should probably sleep rather than this.

Either this thread needs to be re-railed (despite the fact it was made to serve an argumentative cause (curse you, Toshabi) as you can tell by its wording) or locked, in my opinion. Far, far, off topic now. It's also getting pretty heated. A mod should consider it, at the least.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 11, 2012 6:37pm | Report
Did you just compare sexual attraction to suicide? In like you would compare being curious about having secret but fun to killing yourself?

Dude, as one who have seriously considered suicide... I have nothing to say, just ... Wow

No, I compared the thought of an action to the consideration of one.

Give me a break people, are you seriously going to resort to picking apart my examples instead of looking at the logic behind them?

This is why I shouldn't ever bother coming to this part of the forums. Everyone's too eager to be offended instead of actually listening to a word anyone else says.
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
Vort
<Member>
Vort's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 11, 2012 6:40pm | Report
If closed minded views are what you're looking for, look no further than this thread! 8D

Holy Toledo, Batman, It's Cho'Gath!
Keondre
<Member>
Keondre's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 11, 2012 6:40pm | Report
I said I read it on google.
사랑은 장님이다. | ความงามในความแข็งแรง. | 愛は治療です.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 11, 2012 6:41pm | Report
Vort wrote:

If closed minded views are what you're looking for, look no further than this thread! 8D

preeeeeeetty much.
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
PotatisFarfar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 11, 2012 6:46pm | Report
@Psi

Your comparison would be like me comparing shooting a bird to shooting a human. It is not even close to each other.

And i don't belive it is far fetched to say that some time in your 80'ish year life time, you will be curios about other fetishes and genders.

Oh and i am not close minded dammit! >:[
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 11, 2012 6:47pm | Report
I'm going to bed now, so instead of leaving this possible *****torm waiting to happen overnight, I'll close it here and bid you all a good night.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide