Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Osama Bin Laden

Creator: Jebus McAzn May 1, 2011 7:52pm
68 posts - page 6 of 7
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 3, 2011 7:57pm | Report
interesting that "lob da man in sea" is an anagram of osama bin laden
grimuletz
<Member>
grimuletz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2011 3:46am | Report
In my humble opinion, I think that Osama should have been brought in front of justice, judged for acts of terorism, murder, whatever, put into jail or be executed, but only after a trial. He's only human, regardless of his beliefs, skin color or actions. He has the same rights as all of us do; even IF he nuked WTC.
That's a moral opinion.
Now I'm no politician, but I don't think assasinating a terorist leader won't have consequences on the americans (or/and on allied forces).
Maybe Obama doesn't pull the strings, however I think the whole scenario wasn't thought well.

It may be a facade for other stuff, but still.
Kazeko
<Member>
Kazeko's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2011 4:18am | Report
Conspiracy Theory aside, executing someone isn't a good idea in an apparently democratic world. My people (Romanians) have a history of bad choices, 20 years ago we executed a tyrant and his wife (i.e. Ceausescu) and now the EU accuse us of murder, since we didn't exactly give them a fair trial, they were killed on sight, thus ending the communist era for my country.

I wonder if someone will have the guts to accuse the US for murdering Osama? (Not necessarily the EU--come to think of it, who has authority against the US?) But, sure, sure, by all means, pick on the little collapsing country but leave the US alone to do whatever it wishes. Take that for a democratic world!

All in all, murdering someone isn't a swell idea, regardless of that someone. How is the US better than Osama now? Eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth?--yes, very diplomatic, indeed.

By this post I mean no disrespect to the American people, none, whatsoever! So don't consider this flaming in any way, because I think that the people always have too little to say when it comes to the decisions of their political leaders.
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2011 6:54am | Report
The UN has authority over the US.
Read
<Member>
Read's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2011 7:52am | Report
^^^ LOLZ CANCAN LOLZ
Join me, or fall forever
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2011 8:00am | Report
Every single country, except for the Vatican, is in the UN. Do you really think US stands any chance against the rest of the world?
The biggest problem is the fact that the US have a permanent seat in the security council, but in dire situations that can be changed.

EDIT: Also, no country has authority over another. The only true authority is represented by military power, and in that any country loses against the majority of the world.
Kazeko
<Member>
Kazeko's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2011 8:34am | Report
UN, UE are not countries, in regards to your observation. Although, that can only be applied if you don't take into consideration the 'behind the scenes' takes of the international politics. Sure, no country should have authority over another country but there is much more to that than meets the eye; there's more than military power that can persuade a country into doing another country's bidding, there are also important economic relationships, relationships that I think are more important than a country's military power--which isn't as scary as an economic blow.

And thank you Canoas, I haven't thought of the UN, and you are right. ^^
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2011 8:38am | Report

Sorry, you mentioned UN and I just HAAAAAAAAAAD to link this.
OsmBear
<Member>
OsmBear's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2011 8:39am | Report
He's dead, get over it.

caucheka wrote:

im not going to play portal or portal to because to me its uninteresting. i played a flash game someone made to mimic portal in 2d but it was just boring.
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2011 5:06pm | Report
OsmBear wrote:

He's dead, get over it.

I wasn't going to mention this because it'll only add fuel to the fire, but Osama has been dead for at least 3 years.

Bin Laden has renal insufficiency. He needed to received dialysis quite often, it's impossible for him to stay hidden for 10 years. If he stayed at home for less than a week he would die do to kidney failure.
Also, Saddam Hussein's execution was shown as a trophy. I'm amazed than in Bin Laden's case his body was destroyed as quickly as possible, no one would do that.
It's also very convenient for Obama to finally put an end to Osama right when US's stay in Afghanistan was becoming too expensive and his ratings were dropping.

Just so you know, dialysis is a very risky procedure. I remember reading somewhere that around 25% of the patients receiving dialysis die each year. That means 5% of the people on dialysis survive 10 years. And I'm talking about people in hospitals in sterile rooms with clean water, not in a cave hiding from the entire world.

Sorry, but I just don't buy it. 10 years to catch a guy who needs daily dialysis? Seriously? Even if you're in a hospital you need a ****ing miracle to survive 10 years on dialysis. If Osama did survive that long while running away than I'm going to convert to Islam-ism, cause their God has got to be real.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide