Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Sometimes, I question the intelligence of...

Creator: Toshabi March 23, 2012 10:19pm
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 24, 2012 11:38am | Report
Beeswarm17 wrote:

Graphics are not the reason I play video games, so at the least, it's not the entire gaming community. Graphics are not much more than a nice extra. I can play games with basic sprites and be perfectly fine.

I play games for two reasons: story and gameplay. Beyond that, it's just an added bonus. Saying graphics are everything is your opinion, and I don't agree.

I never said that graphics are everything. My opinion is the same as yours actually. However, one cannot say that graphics are irrelevant to the game and it would be stupid to expect people to disregard the fact a game has 20 year old graphics and is black and white.
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 24, 2012 11:51am | Report
I like the part where the discussion was lost when people had two different opinions that aren't debatable and they still tried to argue the point. Not that there was a discussion in the first place.

Samoh
<Member>
Samoh's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 24, 2012 11:57am | Report
Obviously every review is the reviewers opinion, even though I think he was a bit brash on the review. Graphics do matter, but when a game clearly isn't focussed on graphics they don't. Just my opinion anyway.
Thanks to Koksei, The_Nameless_Bard,JhoiJhoi, LaCorpse, JEFFY40HANDS and myself for the signatures! I am also a certified gangster.
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 24, 2012 12:06pm | Report
B-Wong wrote:

I like the part where the discussion was lost when people had two different opinions that aren't debatable and they still tried to argue the point. Not that there was a discussion in the first place.

It's not two people who had different opinions. It's all the people who make games vs luther. No matter what I think, if you say "I know more about games that the creators of my favourite games" then you're simply wrong.
Yougan
<Member>
Yougan's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 24, 2012 12:27pm | Report
1. Luther isn't alone with that opinion.

2. It's not those who make the games who are able to say if the games are good or not.

3: 90% of the gaming community spam insults, troll and only care for themselves, this doesn't mean It's right to do so.

4: Graphic is important, depending on what kind of game it is. Tho all players have different opinions what's important.

5: Actually the whole gaming community don't agree with you Canoas, there are at least 40% who don't give a **** about graphics. And for you, those people are ******s.

Thanks to jhoijhoi, Brynolf, Jeffy40hands, Samoh, MissMaw, Vavena, Koksei and The-Nameless-Bard for my signs
Yukimaru
<Member>
Yukimaru's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 24, 2012 12:35pm | Report
So i undersdood some people here right?
They would rather buy a Game for 50€ that has real-life graphics and all you do is picking up a stone and throw it, rather then something like Fallout New Vegas, Dwarf Fortress, 99% of all Atlu's Games, Minecraft, Disgaea etc.
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 24, 2012 12:37pm | Report
Yougan wrote:

1. Luther isn't alone with that opinion.

2. It's not those who make the games who are able to say if the games are good or not.

3: 90% of the gaming community spam insults, troll and only care for themselves, this doesn't mean It's right to do so.

4: Graphic is important, depending on what kind of game it is. Tho all players have different opinions what's important.

5: Actually the whole gaming community don't agree with you Canoas, there are at least 40% who don't give a **** about graphics. And for you, those people are ******s.

90%? 40%? please enlighten me how you got those numbers.
Also, it's those who make games that know best what is important for a game to be successful. If they didn't know what's important then their games wouldn't be good at all. It's idiotic to say otherwise.
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 24, 2012 12:38pm | Report
Yukimaru wrote:

So i undersdood some people here right?
They would rather buy a Game for 50€ that has real-life graphics and all you do is picking up a stone and throw it, rather then something like Fallout New Vegas, Dwarf Fortress, 99% of all Atlu's Games, Minecraft, Disgaea etc.

No, you did not. No one so far as said anything of the sort.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 24, 2012 12:46pm | Report
Canoas wrote:

So if the same game was made with better graphics the new version would be worse than the 15 year old game? Please explain me how that works.

Megaman series.

Also, less they work on the graphics, more time they have to work on important things like gameplay, story(which I don't care about so much), gimmicks in said gameplay. The list goes on. Not everyone is a "60 FPS, HD only" gamer these days.

Hell, I prefer the old 8-bit and 16-bit games that I never got to play when growing up because they play well, they get things across without ten billion flashing lights on your HUD(which was unneeded back then) and people were actually smart enough to figure things out without a tutorial.

Ya know what else? They read the damn manual. You know what manuals are today? A folded in half piece of paper. They don't need much else because they repeat the damn directions over and over and over in the game. They don't let you move on until you can get it perfect either! HOW THE **** IS THAT A GAME!?

Believe me. I will go on a 10 paragraph gamer rant if you really want me to. I will give you the whole "X game is better than the entire Y series because of Z gimmick" rant if you really want me to. Go ahead, make me do it. It's not like I have anything else set up for today.
Sig courtesy of GrandmasterD. Go get your own sig from them. :D
Yukimaru
<Member>
Yukimaru's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 24, 2012 12:50pm | Report
While i wont say graphics should be completly ignored, i hate it that the game-industry focus on graphics more then gameplay, i mean its a GAME!!! the most important part is Gameplay (and in case of a RPG, Story), besides that the next-gen gamer's are such *****'s cuz most games nowadays are so friggin easy, but luckily we still have Japan who does their **** in games right.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide