Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

The digestive disproves the bible

Creator: MrCuddowls March 10, 2013 11:26pm

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12
Arcana3
<Altruistic Artist>
Arcana3's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 11, 2013 2:12pm | Report
Sigh.... REligon vrs Stupidty who will win? I think stupidty will, cause uh... Its cuddowls...
Thanks to everyone that has made me a sig!

Lacorpse JhoiJhoi Missmaw Xiron Xiao Kat CM Nameless Tinystar Me

Feel Free to +rep if I helped you out
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 11, 2013 2:23pm | Report
Arcana3 wrote:

Sigh.... REligon vrs Stupidty who will win? I think stupidty will, cause uh... Its cuddowls...

(•ิ_•ิ)
MrCuddowls
<Member>
MrCuddowls's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 11, 2013 2:36pm | Report
What I mean by saying "it seems as though life was based off the concept of sin"
Is that sin is required for life to function the way it does.

I will state this again, but in a different situation since you didn't get it with the digestive system

Take into consideration the immune system. If Adam and Eve never ate from the tree, they would have lived forever, which would have defeated the purpose of an immune system. Disease couldn't kill them as they were eternal. They were able to die because they sinned.

That means that the immune system came into use AFTER they ate from the tree. Why would god have given them such a thing as the immune system if they weren't going to die?

The immune system is proof that things must die, so is the digestive system, and so is the ability to feel pain. In fact, anything that can be labeled as "life" must die, otherwise, it isn't life. The pleasure people feel in the process of reproduction, proves that life must end. The law that living things reproduce, proves that they must die. Why would god give all these things to all the other animals in the garden of Eden if those animals weren't subject to sin. Why did he give those to humans if they were going to live forever?

You can't tell me that he knew they were going to eat from it, because in that case, the Garden of Eden was pointless, the entire concept of Adam and Eve would have been pointless. If he knew they were going to eat from it, than he wouldn't have replicated something that wasn't ever going to amuse him. There was absolutely no chance that they wouldn't because he knew that they would, and god is all knowing according to Christianity.

A different reply would be: in case they ate from it
Well if that was the situation than it contradicts what the bible said, that god is all knowing.
If he doesn't know what they were going to do than he is not all knowing.

Now on the matter of the tree

I dont think you read what I said carefully, God deliberately made the tree desirable. He made the fruit pleasant to the smell and visually appealing, like gold. He made the tree very short as well, so the fruit can be easily picked and eaten. This isn't a test of temptation, he wanted them to eat it. if they didn't, every single living thing in the garden would have ****ed until the earth was full of so many insects, animals and humans that they would literally created the layers on the earth. Non of them would have died, which in turn mean the would have kept reproducing until everywhere you walked the ground was literally made up of life that could not die.

The concept is ******ed, in every sense of the word. Its as if the old men who wrote this book didn't even try to make their book fool proof.
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 11, 2013 2:44pm | Report
Must.... Resist.... Temptation.... To.... Keep... Arguing....
Change is gooooood

Je suis le bee
~ Meiyjhe ~
Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
MrCuddowls
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 11, 2013 2:51pm | Report
Theres nothing to keep arguing about, if you understand what im saying than you also understand that you cant argue with this
The tards who wrote the bible either didn't know anything about what I just said (which is reasonable since scientific advancement may not have made it this far by that time) OR they were idiots and didn't go to school.
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 11, 2013 2:54pm | Report
I do understand what you are saying, but I also understand what the Christians are saying.

I will keep it at that....

I should stop commenting ;P
Change is gooooood
Picture by: My valentine; jamespongebob <3
Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
Bioalchemist
<Editor>
Bioalchemist's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 11, 2013 2:54pm | Report
PsiGuard wrote:

If you would like a detailed explanation about why everything you said in your original post is naive (I don't consider this word an insult. If I wanted to be insulting I would say "stupid."), I'll give you one. If you're looking to start an argument, consider this the conclusion. Or perhaps you could try and learn something.

You immediately assume that every Christian interprets Genesis 1-3 in a strictly literal sense, which is not the case. Even if this argument is directly solely at a literalist interpretation, you also assume that "the purpose of eating" is to stave off an impending mortal conclusion - death. I see no reason to believe that an immortal human shouldn't be able to eat. In fact, even if eating were essential to life (or life eternal), it wouldn't negate the fact that no one would need die if you're living in a garden full of food.

There are a number of answers to this question, but I'll give you my perspective. This assumption comes from a very narrow of the mechanics of time. You assume that God, like a human, must have planned out creation before he created with the intention of a perfect, sinless world, until we darned humans ruined his perfect plans unexpectedly. To put it simply, I could easily argue that God prepared for a sinful world because he knew such designs would be necessary.

There's also a typical scientific assumption that reality has always existed in its present state without any supernatural intervention. Since this is a pretty deeply rooted assumption in most non-religious people, I won't bother to go into it.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say with this first sentence. I would say that life is based off of God's act of creation, that free will is based off of God's desire, and that sin is a result of free will. Adam and Eve were perfectly capable of resisting the temptation of sin. I don't know what else to say about this since I'm not sure what your point is other than the second sentence, which is an argument you already gave earlier.

This was already answered by Toshabi I believe, but in case you missed it, I'll reiterate. The answer is quite simple if you have even read the book a bit carefully, whether you believe anything in it or not. The point of the two trees is to represent a choice. In a literal sense, it would represent a physical temptation to sin (the sight, smell and taste of the fruit) while in a metaphorical sense it's just the manifestation of free will in action. There is no free will without something to choose between. If God wanted to force Adam and Eve to stay away from the Tree of Knowledge, he could easily have made it unpleasant, stuck it far away, posted guards or even not created it at all. This would defeat the purpose of free will and would leave us with a race of humans with really no choice at all.

These are all very sound and logical arguments...something you don't know how to do...you have not provided any reasonable counter arguments to these points...which is not surprising if your bio is correct. You are 15...and you think your high school biology class can answer all questions regarding religion (which by the way you have used in a very general sense since not every religion uses the bible for guidance)....to be honest I am not sure why you even think the bible is considered a scientific text...I don't know of anyone who really considers it to be so...also the comment of

Quoted:
The concept is ******ed, in every sense of the word. It's as if the old men who wrote this book didn't even try to make their book fool proof.

Who ever claimed they were trying to make it fool proof? is any text fool proof? if all science text is fool proof, what would be the point of doing any research at this point? When they wrote this text they had no concept of the immune system or the digestive tract...they were recounting stories passed on from their ancestors/scribes. I am writing this in an attempt to enlighten you...I will not write any more in your religious threads...they are ridiculous and go nowhere (like most religious discussions)....I will let Toshabi handle it :)

MrCuddowls
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 11, 2013 3:05pm | Report
I'm sorry who are you referring to?

If you are referring to me than please answer the following questions
They aren't very hard if you actually payed attention in school

1. True or False: All living things must die.

2. Why do living things have an Immune system?

3. What would happen to those things if they did not have the immune system?

Once you have answered these questions, I will engage your argument further. Until then, you either can't read very well or don't understand basic things about life. Good day
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 11, 2013 3:25pm | Report
PsiGuard wrote:

If you're looking to start an argument, consider this the conclusion. Or perhaps you could try and learn something.

It appears I've failed. For one, my previous post already answered a lot of the "new" questions you brought up. Secondly, you decided to adopt an adversarial stance instead of engaging in a discussion.

So, as I said, I won't be replying to you any further on the subject.
Thanks to Fatelblade for the sig!
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 11, 2013 3:28pm | Report
Shocker. It's as though Cuddowls didn't bother reading Psiguard's post and pretty much repeated his OP with a more wordy over explanation of it.

I did NOT see that coming.
jhoijhoi wrote:

Also, I think the levels of immorality in this thread are astounding. You'd really throw a child off a boat for your own luggage? Wow.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide