Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

The PS4 vs Xbox One thread

Creator: Searz November 15, 2013 4:41am
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 24, 2013 1:32pm | Report
Darcurse wrote:

Combine this:

Searz: "Some games simply do not work well on touchscreens.
Most action games, platformers and FPS games work like **** on touch. Anything with on-screen controls really(analogue stick/steering cross and buttons on the screen)."

With this

Darcurse: "And I was reffering to the touchscreen controller as well, since it's pretty much downright impossible to play sth like Super Mario, Super Mario Cart, etc. decently with not really responsive buttons that lie cloesly together in one plane surface.

Not to mention that if you use a smartphone (maybe with a tablet as well, I dunno since I don't own one) and sth like GNes Lite for example, you either block part of your view with your fingers or have only half the screen size in order to have a minuscule touchscreen gamepad."

Use (non)existing intelligence to add something that wasn't spoken out loud, like the fact that some ppl actually use their Smartphones in a way they were designed to be used: MOBILE (outside their room/on the move/at places were you normally wouldn't do sth like playing video games).

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnndddddddddddddddddddddd....

You get a sad Searz running around in public using his tablet and bluetooth game controller flaming ppl with Smartphones that you can play stuff like Mario without probs.

Yeah.. You're only digging your hole deeper.
I don't even have to insult you, you're insulting yourself...

I'll make it real simple here:
Can you play Mario well with an Xbox 360 or Playstation controller?
If yes, then you can play play Mario well on a tablet or smartphone.

I'll even add a relatively idiot-proof breakdown of what is being said, because I'm such a nice guy:
Darcurse: You can't play mario "on your Smartphone/tablet whatsover".
Searz: Do explain, because I think you're writing ********.
Darcurse: "Try reading what Dillbutt said and throw your ignorant *** out of the window"
Darcurse: I was "reffering" to the touch controls.
Searz: Touch controls suck, but mario can be played with a bluetooth/USB controller. Thus you can play mario "on your Smartphone/tablet whatsover"; disproving your initial statement.
Darcurse: *quotes own comment and my comment about touch controls and conveniently ignores anything I posted about bluetooth/USB controllers*
I'm a strong independent black mage who don't need no mana.
SkidmarkD
<Member>
SkidmarkD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2013 1:25am | Report
People can also live without eyes, ears, tongue, arms, legs, balls.
Yet I'd imagine not many people are willing to do it.

Possible != Practical

Just saying.
Although if they bring out a handset with actual buttons as a case for the Nexus 7, I'm so getting that. If they already have, please point it out so I can waste more money.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2013 2:18am | Report
SkidmarkD wrote:

People can also live without eyes, ears, tongue, arms, legs, balls.
Yet I'd imagine not many people are willing to do it.

Possible != Practical

Very well aware of that. I just felt it goes without saying since I am very much against any kind of gaming with on-screen virtual controls.

Allow me to reiterate:
"If yes, then you can play play Mario well on a tablet or smartphone."

Quoted:
Although if they bring out a handset with actual buttons as a case for the Nexus 7, I'm so getting that. If they already have, please point it out so I can waste more money.

You mean like the controller case for the Razer Edge?
Not sure if there are any like that for Android.

We do on the other hand have MOGA, a clip-on controller to use with your smartphone. You can of course use it for your tablet too, you just can't clip it onto the tablet.
MOGA has a "pro controller" too if you're less concerned about space and want the best controller experience possible (because it's obvious the standard one is made to be as small as possible).

For tablets the best approach is probably to get a case with stand functionality and use a bluetooth or USB controller with that.
Example case, plus MOGA/PS3 controller or Xbox 360 controller+OTG Cable

Then there's also crazy stuff like the Steelseries Free, the iMpulse controller and the PhoneJoy controller.
Personally, I find the iMpulse very interesting because of how incredibly small it is and the fact that it has several uses. The Free seems too small for comfort and too large for something you always take with you, I'd rather just use a real controller than something like the Free or PhoneJoy.
"Well, basically you should treat me like a prostitute." - TotalBiscuit
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2013 4:22am | Report
Was always a Play Station fan until I met Patch and Warlemming who introduced me to Xbox games (Left4Dead, Halo, Guitar Hero/Rock Band, etc). But all/most Xbox games are available on PC, and I can just plug in an Xbox controller if I wanted that sort of experience (still prefer controller for games like Left4Dead).

Both consoles seem over-priced and unnecessary when most avid gamers already have a decent computer to run games on. I think we'll be bypassing both consoles. We may buy a WiiU for the new Mario games, or 3DS for the Pokemon games, for Christmas, though ^^
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Tauricus2017 ♡
SkidmarkD
<Member>
SkidmarkD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2013 4:25am | Report
OH
MY
GOD

When I get home I'm unpacking my PS3 for the controller and Ima link up that lil bastard.

How did I not know about this?
Oh wait, I never bothered to check gaming on tablets, that's why.

And yes, that iMpulse looks awesome.
I might even fork out some monies to get one.

Stopped playing FFVII cause touchscreen playing sucks. But now, now there's hope again.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2013 4:37am | Report
SkidmarkD wrote:

OH
MY
GOD

When I get home I'm unpacking my PS3 for the controller and Ima link up that lil bastard.

How did I not know about this?
Oh wait, I never bothered to check gaming on tablets, that's why.

And yes, that iMpulse looks awesome.
I might even fork out some monies to get one.

Stopped playing FFVII cause touchscreen playing sucks. But now, now there's hope again.

I will have to warn you though that you need to be rooted to use a PS3 controller(all other controllers work natively without root).
At least you needed to be last I checked. Yukimaru rooted his Nexus 7 to get his PS3 controller working. I'm sure there's some good guide out there for getting it to work.

Rooting requires an unlocked bootloader and unlocking your bootloader requires a factory-reset of the device. So make sure you have everything backed up.
But I'm sure all this info is shown at any rooting guide or tool. You can use the Nexus Root Toolkit to make it simple if you're new to rooting. It does pretty much 90% of the work for you.
"I love the dirty bomb tag because i get either

a) posts about the game

b) current world affairs" - steel-sentry
SkidmarkD
<Member>
SkidmarkD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2013 6:24am | Report
PS3 controller, why u no has native support?
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2013 7:10am | Report
I got curious and checked up on support for the PS4 DualShock 4. It seems that it can connect properly through bluetooth, but that only one button works.

But if you connect the DS4 controller through USB to an Android device it seems to work perfectly, except for the advanced features like the built in speaker and the touchpad. The touchpad could be registered as a single button click though.
We might get some kind of hack for the DS4 controller in the future though, just like we have gotten with the DS3 controller (PS3).
"Nothing says I like you more than letting you drink my filtered urine." - deityignis

"MY WHOLE LIFE IS A WANK." - WTTNHK

"There are boobs...LOTS OF BOOBS. And then Obama comes out of no where." - JEFFY40HANDS, on Air Gear
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 29, 2013 4:06am | Report
"If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F Roberts
SkidmarkD
<Member>
SkidmarkD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 29, 2013 4:13am | Report
Well tbh, Twitch (used on the PS4) is disabling accounts that show non-game content, such as nudity.
I lolled at that.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide