Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Video Editing

Creator: Bryun May 5, 2015 1:39am
13 posts - page 1 of 2
1 2
Bryun
<Magic Man>
Bryun's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 5, 2015 1:39am | Report
hi does anyone know how to edit videos when it comes to the basics such as cutting clips, overlaying music, filtering a video, etc.... Also, what video editing software is easy and really good in general? Any helpful videos would help or just give me your advice. Thanks!

P.S. Not for only editing league videos, I want to edit actual live footage and edit it.

Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 5, 2015 2:13am | Report
In terms of software, I have a friend who is a big fan of Lightworks. Just figured I'd mention the name, maybe you can check it out. Personally, I don't have much experience beyond doing some basic stuff (cutting clips & adding sounds/music) in Movie Maker though :P

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
[deleted]
<Editor>
oxide110's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 5, 2015 2:34am | Report
Sony Vegas is quite easy to pickup and covers all of what you want + more.

London is one hour ahead of the rest of England -Luther3000
Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Ninja Trigger's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 5, 2015 3:38am | Report
I use MAGIX Movie Edit Pro, I paid around 70 dollars for it while it was on sale. I needed it for some green screen effects for a video project. It works and does the job but I really wouldn't recommend it. Mostly due to the fact that a lot of places that offer instructive videos, guides, or tutorials just don't have any information about it making the program feel weak and under supported, since there are way better programs out there. But they tend to be way more pricey

When you do find a program odds are that Lynda.com will have some very detailed guides and videos that break downs on how to use the software.

And I really would recommend Lynda.com but keep in mind that it is a paid service, but there are tons of free trail offers floating around. So just find one and sign up for a free 10 day trail, you will still have to enter payment info but you can always just cancel your subscription at any time during the trail before they auto renew and bill you for a subscription. So that gives you 10 days just to cram free videos and tutorials. I can't find the link that I used for my free trail otherwise I would have posted one :(

Several Youtubers put links to Lynda trails at the end of their videos so odds are if you watch youtube you have seen one.

I ended up not canceling my free trail and I still continue to use Lynda for other projects I'm working on, its a decent learning platform with videos done by people in the top of their fields even though they didn't have any tutorials for MAGIX :(

If you do end up getting MAGIX just PM and I will Skype with you what I do know, which isn't a lot :(
Since everything I have learned with MAGIX is from really, really ****py youtube videos, that take ten minutes to explain something they could have easily explained in two minutes.
sig by jhoijhoi
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 5, 2015 5:18am | Report
Well both Lightworks and Vegas are out of the question if you don't wanna pirate them.

I haven't tried it myself, but I've heard that Blender is pretty good for video editing.
https://www.blender.org/
There's a lot of tutorials floating around Youtube.
(It's free in case you're wondering, also Open Source)

PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 5, 2015 6:50am | Report
Searz wrote:
Well both Lightworks and Vegas are out of the question if you don't wanna pirate them.

Lightworks has a free version, unless you were implying that the program isn't worthwhile unless you go premium.
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
[deleted]
<Editor>
oxide110's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 5, 2015 7:38am | Report
Searz wrote:

I haven't tried it myself, but I've heard that Blender is pretty good for video editing.
https://www.blender.org/
There's a lot of tutorials floating around Youtube.
(It's free in case you're wondering, also Open Source)

Or you know you could actually buy the software.

London is one hour ahead of the rest of England -Luther3000
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 5, 2015 10:27am | Report
Sony Vegas Pro is definitely one of the better video editing software out there. The thing with vegas is once you get accustomed enough to using it you can pull off some pretty neat customizable effects that most people think you can only do in specialized programs such as After effects.

Moving on to after effects, it's a program specially catered to adding video effects to already edited footage. You could technically edit entire videos in it, but it isn't all that practical and overall much harder to learn than Sony vegas.

After effects and sony vegas work very well in tandem though :p

As for blender, it's basically a 3d animation program on the same level as AutoDesk Maya except it's open source and free. I've personally never used it for video editing, but I'm sure you could manage if you dedicate some time to learning how to properly use the program.

The only free one out of the three is blender, but I'd suggest investing into SV since it really is worth it if you plan on editing long term. In all honesty though, the things you mentioned (Adding music, color correction and cutting clips) are perfectly doable in something like windows movie maker. I'd suggest starting with that and if you feel like you need more creative space then move on to sony vegas.
Thanks to GrandmasterD for the sig!
Bryun
<Magic Man>
Bryun's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 5, 2015 10:56am | Report
Ok, I will probably get Sony Vegas. Are any of you good at it? I'll probably just look up videos, but they take like 234979857403 years to explain ****.

Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 5, 2015 1:21pm | Report
[deleted] wrote:
Or you know you could actually buy the software.

Did you even think about that before writing it?
Both cost 400$ or more...
I don't know about you, but Bryun doesn't strike me as somebody professional enough to warrant such an investment.
"I sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over the oilfields dropping hot sticky loads on disgusting foreigners. People say to me that a person being a helicopter is Impossible and I’m ****ing ******ed but I don’t care, I’m beautiful. I’m having a plastic surgeon install rotary blades, 30 mm cannons and AMG-114 Hellfire missiles on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me “Apache” and respect my right to kill from above and kill needlessly. If you can’t accept me you’re a heliphobe and need to check your vehicle privilege. Thank you for being so understanding." - Guuse

"uh, I identify as counterstrike and I find this globally offensive" - ???
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide