Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

What goes around Reddit

Creator: VoiD November 27, 2011 10:33pm

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

120 posts - page 10 of 12
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 28, 2011 1:09pm | Report
Oh god this thread is win, how did I not notice this **** before?

Temzilla wrote:

I wasn't using the build that was "popular".

But my build was by and far more effective than everything that was out there to that point.

Oh god I can't believe I told people you were a good Morde player. /facepalm

I'm sorry but that build had the worst items I could ever have imagined in it, and i'm a pretty fking good troll.

Anyways I don't WANT to derail this thread into Mordekaiser (huehuehue) so i'mma move on.\

Rec's are stupid. It's a really cool thing to have but being human kind of interferes with it. I am NOT accusing any vet of just randomly tossing out rec's, but it's hard to take them seriously when I see vet's like Jhoi, Shrillex and Wrath AS AN EXAMPLE consistently and constantly rec guides, whether good or not (although i'm of the opinion some of those guides shouldn't be rec'd)

Builds NEED to be tested out by the player in order to know if they can play them. I spent a lot of time (for example) looking up guides when I first joined Mobafire, trying to think of which champion I should buy so that I could do well, when I stumbled across Un4given's Morde guide. It was the most rec'd guide on the site (still is) which used to be completely different btw. I decided to buy Morde since Un4given said he was good etc, then I went into game using his build and completely failed multiple times, tossed that away, and now I use my own Morde build to do well. Double Slows (Rylai's + Mallet) just didn't work for me.

I've tried crit GP on 3 v 3 and it's only recently that i've been able to use it without absolutely failing.

Point being that each player needs to decide what he has to do and what build works for him. Guides help, but sometimes players just can't use the builds you rec and this hinders them more then helps them. If Diesel found that he was doing good damage, farming well, was able to solo baron, survive all the teamfights and was very tanky and he liked that, well who are we to say his opinion is invalid because he was playing against trolls? There are a lot more factors in the game then just his score.

Referencing Jhoi again, she won't rec someone's guide because of his personality. But (and don't get me wrong i'm not saying that's the wrong thing to do Jhoi) isn't that the whole POINT of rec's? Give people superior guides so that they can use Mobafire efficiently. If we aren't going to rec guides that are the best, we might as well not rec guides at all because the system is useless.

My opinion. Take it or leave it.

inb4walloftextgetsmebanned

Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 28, 2011 1:15pm | Report
Nighthawk wrote:
inb4walloftextgetsmebanned

lol

Agree with the rest though (yup, I actually read it)

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 28, 2011 1:16pm | Report
Wayne3100 wrote:

lol

Agree with the rest though (yup, I actually read it)

*coughcoughcoughcoughgivemereppleasethencoughcoughcoughcough*

Oh man I have a bad cough today, pass me a kleenex plox.

Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 28, 2011 1:17pm | Report
I normally hate people who ask for it, but for some reason I actually lol'd this time.

Fine, +Rep

DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 28, 2011 1:26pm | Report
Yeahp well put.

It's because of the kind of Vets we have that the rec system doesn't work. (Not going to say names or point fingers, even if just ONE Vet was doing it wrong the whole function is ruined.)

Instead of the focus being on the quality of the guide and the information presented, it degenerates into a popularity contest. Lulz.
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 28, 2011 2:12pm | Report
Wayne3100 wrote:

I normally hate people who ask for it, but for some reason I actually lol'd this time.

Fine, +Rep

I have that affect sometimes :P

@Duff

I really have a bad cold :(

Agree too. Not really much of a way to get your guide out there unless you're REALLY popular/advertise like a boss too.

EvilDice
<Shoutcaster>
EvilDice's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 28, 2011 2:14pm | Report
I actually have a big post about this topic on notepad, and I guess I can copy it down if you guys want. But quite frankly it makes me sound like an *******. I'll summarize some of the points here on why mobafire is looked down upon on a guide site.

1) Lesser skilled players have just as much power of more skilled players
2) Vets are not high elo players and some do not realize the vast power that the recommendation system gives them
3) Viewers are too concerned about aesthetics of a guide and not as focused on the actual content as they should be
4) Voting is political

Thanks to Xiaowiriamu for the sig!

twitch.tv/dicetherice - @dicetherice
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 28, 2011 2:23pm | Report
Just lol.

All these posts make me laugh.

Recommendations are purely subjective to the taste of the veteran.

And until an actual criteria is set, I'll run by this theory.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 28, 2011 2:24pm | Report
Looked down upon as a guide site?

Only thing I'd be ashamed of on this site are some of the top guides :P

Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 28, 2011 2:26pm | Report
Didn't read any pages at all, cause quite frankly.. This thread not only bores me, but come off as childish at some points.

I'd like to point out, if it hasn't been already, that the rec system is being re-designed and is currently under discussion.

That is all.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide