Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Whats the deal with anime?

Creator: Electro522 November 10, 2014 8:08am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Electro522
<Guide Critic>
Electro522's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 10, 2014 2:02pm | Report
Well said OTG. All the points you made are actually the reasons why I made this thread.

The original Pokemon was good, the original Yugioh was good, most of Digimon was decent, and the start of One Piece was really good. But its all gone downhill.
Thank you Toshabi for the advice!
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 10, 2014 2:04pm | Report
To be honest, none of those animes are actually very good. It was good when I was a kid, but I've tried to re-watch and I'm not able to hold my nostalgia goggles on my face for very long with those shows. Though, I can still watch Zoids with a reasonable level of respect for myself.
HiFromBuddha
<Member>
HiFromBuddha's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 10, 2014 2:05pm | Report
Because of KAWAII AS **** ANIME GIRLS.

Typing on a phone is a pain in the ***.
Imma 'bout to end this man's whole career
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Kiniro Mosaic
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 10, 2014 2:09pm | Report

Which and why?

Any and because Joonas is a furious man when it comes to his animes.
Electro522
<Guide Critic>
Electro522's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 10, 2014 2:09pm | Report
I was able to rewatch Digimon Tamers, the show I would watch religiously while my family watched American Idol in the other room, and I have to say it was actually decent, and I enjoyed it.

I was also able to watch Digimon's last series (spirits, I think?). That was no where near Tamers
Yes, that is Morgana. A thank you to Ubnoxius for this sig!
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 10, 2014 2:10pm | Report
Oh, I just meant the original shows. The 90's ****, mang.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 10, 2014 4:08pm | Report
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 10, 2014 4:27pm | Report
Yea that about sums up the people that I know that like anime.
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 10, 2014 4:46pm | Report
I'll tell you why I like anime:

1. Most anime that I like does not exceed 25 episodes. I get absolutely SICK of shows lasting for hunderds of hour long episodes without anything going on...

2. I like the artstyle present in anime. And despite the hate and accusations I might get for this, I like the (slightly) feminine guys and delicate girls.

3. Variety. So many animes to watch, it's hard to think that you wouldn't find something you would like.

4. It's extremely easy, for me personally, to relate to a lot of themes present in anime and to relate to quite a few characters, or at-least find myself similar concerning some of their traits. Allegorical meanings are still there, even if the situation goes to extremities beyond my daily life.

5. Anime I like generally have a better and more unique story than most TV shows I watch, they're put together much better and have a feeling of wholeness that a lot of TV shows lack.

6. Lack of limitations. What kind of random **** have you not found in anime? You can literally watch and find anything you could've ever imagined, sometimes even more. Quite a few series are unafraid to experiment and bring interesting results (the kara no kyoukai movies, bakemonogatari, shinsekai yori etc)

7. I find the anime sountracks much more memorable compared to tv shows.

? I guess that's all. I also happen to like animation over real life. Oh, anime (and cartoons in general) pull off spell effects, superpowers and the like 10 times better than live action shows ever will.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 10, 2014 5:14pm | Report
XeresAce wrote:

? I guess that's all. I also happen to like animation over real life. Oh, anime (and cartoons in general) pull off spell effects, superpowers and the like 10 times better than live action shows ever will.

I'd disagree with that. Of course, no matter what, stuff like that will come off as "not being real" becuase it isn't real. But I still feel more connected to live action movies or shows portraying said types of powers than an anime or cartoon. Sure, the medium has more freedom with what actually can happen, but I generally feel like live action is more powerful. Take the recent marvel movies for example. The visuals in those are pretty astounding and a joy to watch.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide