Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Atma's Impaler Renekton

Creator: Andrax1 January 5, 2014 6:12am
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2014 2:15pm | Report
Anyone with a Blade of the Ruined King would wreck your build, because you got high HP but low armor. Just thinking about Lanewick, Jax or Irelia.^^

And where is the sense of crit if you got no attack speed at all? On Garen, I could understand it, but Renekton?
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2014 2:22pm | Report
Dude, you've got 2k less physical EHP. And 100 less armor, which means you're down another 600 physical EHP with ult up. And you don't have the Randuin's passive or active. Any late game ADC is gonna' freakin' melt you. And then you won't do more damage than a meta build Renek who actually got into the back line and got off his whole combo and then could still do things because he hadn't already died.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
Andrax1
<Member>
Andrax1's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2014 2:23pm | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

Anyone with a Blade of the Ruined King would wreck your build, because you got high HP but low armor. Just thinking about Lanewick, Jax or Irelia.^^

Of course building health vs building armor and magic resistance has each their own pros and cons. If we're talking about specific examples, true damage dealing enemies and enemies building armor or magic penetration would be more effective against the meta build than this build.

lifebaka wrote:

Dude, you've got 2k less physical EHP. And 100 less armor, which means you're down another 600 physical EHP with ult up. And you don't have the Randuin's passive or active. Any late game ADC is gonna' freakin' melt you. And then you won't do more damage than a meta build Renek who actually got into the back line and got off his whole combo and then could still do things because he hadn't already died.

Physical effective health is calculated with armor see this. 9354 EH is already quite a bit, effectively more than double your hit points. It would be a problem if you are simply a tank (which isn't the case because of the fact that Renekton builds damage items) but since you can kill carries faster than they can kill you, it isn't. Why build any damage item at all if all you want is tankiness?
drakon136
<Member>
drakon136's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2014 2:27pm | Report
Who the **** does so much more true damage than physical damage that your build would be better than the normal one against them?
Andrax1
<Member>
Andrax1's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2014 2:54pm | Report
drakon136 wrote:

Who the **** does so much more true damage than physical damage that your build would be better than the normal one against them?

Calm down. I'm not trying to say that there's so much true damage out there that armor is useless, I'm simply replying to nickname's post saying that if you nitpick things you will always find a negative detail. Once again both health and armor have each their own pros and cons.

This build with infinity edge will have less combined EH than the meta build in exchange for a lot more DPS, which is just my preffered way of playing Renekton. If you want to be tankier than doing more damage, the Black Cleaver Atma's build has more combined EH than both the IE version and the meta build while still having more AD than the meta build. I'll put the stat's up for the BC build in the OP.
Andrax1
<Member>
Andrax1's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 11, 2014 7:09am | Report
I might be making myself a bigger goose with this but, I like to run Ghost+ Flash and get the Distortion enchantment because IMO, Ignite stops being as useful to Renekton after the lane phase because your burst just falls off and ignite will be less likely to secure a kill. And I like ghost+ flash even though Renekton already has a good gap closer because if you try to close the gap with Slice and you don't hit them or any minion with it, Dice won't be available so you'll be missing out on half of Slice and Dice' full gap closing potential and the damage from both, which, combined, is more than the damage of Cull the Meek and also Slice and Dice has the longest cooldown(besides dominus ofc) so you don't want to waste it.

IE vs Alternatives
IE gives a lot of DPS I think it's the best option if you're going for your last item buy because of the potential damage output you'll have with Ruthless Predator will be enough to nuke squishy targets, completely erasing them from teamfights, which is just too good. Also since it's your last item, the cost wont matter as much. If you're going for a fifth offensive item Bloodthirster may be better because it lets you deal more damage with your abilities and that bit of life steal can sustain you, not to mention it's cheaper. Ravenous Hydra is not as good a buy in late game because it works best for split pushing and you come late game, split pushing will not be as important. Since you probably take the Hydra over BT for the burst, the damage Hydra gives won't be enough to help you burst someone down and you wont be doing significant amounts of AOE damage with hydra either.
Xeronn
<Member>
Xeronn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 11, 2014 8:27pm | Report
That 'Wreck-A-Ton Build' looks almost exactly like something I used to use on Gangplank, and he actually benefits from the crit.
^^ Check out my Gangplank Guide! ^^
+Rep is OP! Special Forces Gangplank!!
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 12, 2014 12:00am | Report
listen guys if he really wants to build IE and Atmas on renekton we should just let him, just as long as we all know better not to its ok
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
Andrax1
<Member>
Andrax1's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 12, 2014 5:32am | Report
Xeronn wrote:

That 'Wreck-A-Ton Build' looks almost exactly like something I used to use on Gangplank, and he actually benefits from the crit.

So does Renekton. I've said it lots of times before, his Ruthless Predator can crit on the first strike.

DillButt64 wrote:

listen guys if he really wants to build IE and Atmas on renekton we should just let him, just as long as we all know better not to its ok

I really don't mind if no one agrees with me. Either way it doesn't benefit or harm me in at all. But can you explain why exactly you think this build is bad? I'm pretty sure people aren't proving me wrong and I'm pretty sure the numbers are on my side. So is it simply because I'm not a familiar face that you assume my ideas are garbage? If not, feel free to prove that my build is bad.
-NA- Veng Lmfao
<Altruistic Artist>
-NA- Veng Lmfao's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 12, 2014 5:50am | Report
'I'm pretty sure the numbers are on my side'

Your supposed 'build' works on paper. That's where it stops. You're listing off the stats and potential that this build CAN achieve.
You're not factorizing in the fact that you will get completely merked by anybody that has some form of burst, true damage or % damage.
Which is basically the vast majority of played champions in the current meta.

You're also playing a tanky bruiser in the role of an Assassin. An assassin that has no blink and no burst damage.
How will you be able to get anywhere near your focused target, if a simple combination of Disintegrate >> Summon: Tibbers >> Incinerate will kill you.
Your team will see you picking Renekton. A tanky champion. Therefore, the support might opt to go with someone like Janna or Lulu instead of a tanky champion like Leona or Taric.

You must be playing on some next level **** (by next level, I mean wood league) to fail to see how this build is bad.
There's a reason why Renekton is such a high picked champion, and it ain't because he scales so well with Atma's Impaler.

Your build is garbage. It has absolutely nothing to do with being a regular user of the site. OTGBionicarm could bring this up, and guess what? We'd be acting the exact same way and calling him out for having a trash build.

EDIT: I'm genuinely not trying to insult you. You asked for Dill to expand on his argument, so I decided to put my 13 cents in. Please don't take it like I'm trying to attack you.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide