Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Atma's Impaler Renekton

Creator: Andrax1 January 5, 2014 6:12am
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2014 12:00am | Report
Andrax1 wrote:

Crit is only useless if you're being useless while you wait for your cooldowns. If you do not like IE you can always get The Bloodthirster. Once again even if Atma's did not have that crit it would still be stupidly cost efficient.

Atma's Impaler may be cost efficient, but it isn't slot efficient. There are many better defensive or offensive items that could easily fill it's place, and that's why they nearly always do. If cost efficiency always made items good we'd see the item a lot more, wouldn't we?

Andrax1 wrote:

So bruisers seldom autoattack? Jax is classified as an ADC? AD sion is probably a myth. Aatrox is a bug.

Every 8 seconds you do about 6-7 auto attacks, 8 seconds is the Renekton's shortest cooldown, there is no excuse to not be autoattacking during that period.

Jax, AD Sion and Aatrox are all what we used to call melee carries before that role name overhaul. They are terrible examples of bruisers. The only one of them that even fills the bruiser role is Aatrox and he can play highly off his base ability damage and doesn't need crit at all. In fact, none of them do because they all have innate auto attack steroids.

Also, you're factoring out CDR, which is something Renekton builds a lot of (Via cleaver and SV). This would drop his cooldowns considerably. he may have like a 3-4 second down time of not using his abilities. That isnt enough to justify focusing on his auto attacks.

Andrax1 wrote:

If you've actually read the thread even just the OP I've posted pages worth of reasoning behind each item and behind why this build works.

I tried. I got bored. Mathcrafting always seems good on paper, but seldom works in practice.

Andrax1 wrote:

Clearly since you don't do anything useful after using abilities you seem pretty interested in being a mindless meatsheild. I however, am not interested in being a meatshield which is why I'm actually building to not be a meatsheild.

Then play a different champion. Renekton is highly regarded for his early game domination and transition into a bulky carry zoning/killing machine, WITH the meta build you listed off. That's just kinda what he does. if you don't wish to be a meat shield, don't play him or champions similar to him. Perhaps try his brother Nasus is you wish to simply murder things late game, cause that's what HE does.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2014 12:12am | Report
but please don't build Atma's Impaler on Nasus either.
-NA- Veng Lmfao
<Altruistic Artist>
-NA- Veng Lmfao's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2014 12:17am | Report
Andrax, I doubt you're even level 30.
How about you drop your lolking profile here, to see how successful this build really is.
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2014 4:04am | Report

Andrax, I doubt you're even level 30.
How about you drop your lolking profile here, to see how successful this build really is.

There's a point to this.

Talk is cheap, show us that this build works at laddering to mid-high Elo and settle this debate once and for all.

But I should probably throw in a mention that the best Renektons in the world use the (surprise surprise) meta build. So I guess that's tried and tested. You think you got something better? Step up to the plate.
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2014 4:33am | Report
Andrax1 wrote:

Uhh, exactly which ability on which level are you talking about?

Yeah, if you have to ask (especially after I told you everything you need to know to even GUESS which ability it is), you don't know **** about Renekton.

Andrax1 wrote:
Lets just bring them out, Cull the Meek, Ruthless Predator, Slice and Dice, Dominus now lets get other abilities to compare to Dark Flight, Blades of Torment, Burnout, Flame Breath, Three Talon Strike, Audacious Charge. So if you're comparing to like a minion's damage, then yes, Renekton's base damages are high, but if you're comparing to actual champions then no. It's really funny that you drag in solorenektononly's name in here when you don't even know his build. His build IS the meta build. Dumbass.

Too bad NONE of the abilities you mention outdamage Cull the Meek at 50 rage at ANY RANK, making your rant irrelevant.

Actually if you read SoloRenekton's guide, you'll realise that he only recommends Black Cleaver as the 1 damage item and you can notice he also omits Black Cleaver completely from the vs AP top build, leaving only Ravenous Hydra. Sorry, but if you're going to call someone a dumbass for not reading, better make sure you read it first.

Taking one damage item is the standard (for SoloRenek), not two. A second damage item is only for when you are ahead and have the luxury to do so, i.e. SITUATIONAL.
-NA- Veng Lmfao
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2014 4:43am | Report
Sirell, you just asked if I have something better than this guide.
Do I really have to show you what every other Renekton player has is successfully building...

Derp.
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2014 4:49am | Report

Sirell, you just asked if I have something better than this guide.
Do I really have to show you what every other Renekton player has is successfully building...

I know, I was backing up your claim, lol. It was directed at Andrax, not you. :P
-NA- Veng Lmfao
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2014 4:51am | Report
Oh, oops.
Yeah I'm really slow sometimes.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2014 5:12am | Report

NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2014 6:22am | Report
Ehm, Ruthless Predator does more damage than Cull the Meek. Don't forget Ruthless Predator is all AD while Cull the Meek is only bonus AD. Oh, btw, another item you could get instead of Ravenous Hydra is Blade of the Ruined King, which allows even stronger trading and makes Ruthless Predator stupidly efficient at shredding everything.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide