Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Atma's Impaler Renekton

Creator: Andrax1 January 5, 2014 6:12am
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 14, 2014 7:43pm | Report

Also there's no reason why would be a terrible build as Atma's and Cleaver make for a great combination.

I think this gets more to the heart of why the OP's build is bad. It's not that you're using Atma's, it's that you're building HP over resistances in an attempt to get more out of Atma's. And Atma's isn't a bad item because it gives crit (although that doesn't work in its favor, honestly), Atma's is a bad item because it encourages players to build almost nothing but HP, which isn't a good or efficient way to actually become tanky. Which it really looks like you do heavily with this build. You also miss out on the early game effectiveness of Sunfire as a first item and lose a lot of early trading potential from going CDR boots instead of tanky boots, both of which can easily turn into a gold deficit. Which lets your opponent snowball and get out of control.

IE is also a pretty major sin, but I think that's mostly that you don't understand Renekton's place in a team. Renekton is a late game meatshield. It's what he's good at. Trying to turn him into something else will tend to result in him dying before he can really get enough damage off to make it worthwhile. It doesn't actually matter if you do more damage while alive, the point is that you aren't alive as long. And you don't duel a late game ADC regardless of the build you use; your full combo won't kill them, then they'll use an escape and make you become very (very very) dead very (very very) quickly. The longer this takes for their ADC to accomplish, the more time your team has to kill a bunch of your enemies and win the fight. The less time this takes for their ADC to accomplish, the more time their team has to kill a bunch of your allies and win the fight. (You do, for the record, kill their ADC faster with your build, but only if they *let* you. Which competent teams won't do. And which you do anyway, if slower, no matter what you build. This is why the enemies must deal with you when you dive their backline.)

There are other champions who excel at turning into late game damage-dealing backline-diving monsters. A Yasuo who gets out of control, for example, or a Riven. Or a Nasus with Q stacks. I highly suggest you give some of these champions a try; they might fit your playstyle better.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
SpawnOfHell
<Member>
SpawnOfHell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 14, 2014 7:54pm | Report
lifebaka wrote:

It's not that you're using Atma's, it's that you're building HP over resistances in an attempt to get more out of Atma's.

I seriously think this point has a ton of meaning. I can't think of any other item which DEMANDS you buy another stat it doesn't have just to get more use out of it. I literally can't.

Riot could just add Phage into the build for it and get rid of the Avarice Blade. Phage has felt lonely ever since the Triforce changes meant that it was the only TF item which had no alternate build path.
Xeronn
<Member>
Xeronn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 14, 2014 11:09pm | Report

Riot could just add Phage into the build for it and get rid of the Avarice Blade. Phage has felt lonely ever since the Triforce changes meant that it was the only TF item which had no alternate build path.

I really like that idea o:
^^ Check out my Gangplank Guide! ^^
+Rep is OP! Special Forces Gangplank!!
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 14, 2014 11:17pm | Report
well, then it'd actually feed its own passive...and be useful xD
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 14, 2014 11:28pm | Report
well if you did that it would just be an armor item with the rage passive and the AD per HP%, and to me it would still be a bad item and would get overshadowed by triforce sort of like IG is in most cases
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 15, 2014 12:29am | Report

I can't think of any other item which DEMANDS you buy another stat it doesn't have just to get more use out of it. I literally can't.

I can argue that Nashor's Tooth does that, but it at least has a very little bit of AP to fuel its passive at leas.
DarkAkumaLord
<Member>
DarkAkumaLord's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 15, 2014 1:08am | Report
I think the OP gave up lol
+1 Rep me if you think I help you or others or don't Pick A Card.

... Man I used to say that stuff. It's been years.
drakon136
<Member>
drakon136's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 15, 2014 1:51am | Report

I seriously think this point has a ton of meaning. I can't think of any other item which DEMANDS you buy another stat it doesn't have just to get more use out of it. I literally can't.

Lich Bane as well, although is has some AP too.
SkidmarkD
<Member>
SkidmarkD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 15, 2014 2:36am | Report
A Fizz with an early Lich Bane can wreak havoc. (only boots and bane)
A Teemo with an early Nashor's Tooth can wreak havoc. (doesn't even need boots)

These 2 items are nice by themselves. And they scale well with the rest of your build.

Can the same claim be made for Atma's?
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 15, 2014 1:26pm | Report
I would rather say combo Atma's Impaler with The Brutalizer, as most champs which get it want CDR and Armorpen aswell. Could look like this:

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide