Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Corki with the new Triforce ?

Creator: Joxuu September 1, 2013 4:21am
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2013 2:43pm | Report
IAmByakuya wrote:

Eww **** corki

excuse me

please gtfo

kthnxbai

Try a modified blue build - LW, Elder Lizard, manamune, cdr boots with triforce/tbc and ga/bv. Pretty much my favorite build for Corki, Lizard is so good early/mid game that it's crazy as hell on Corki and the rest is pretty standard, muramana + LW for damage and cdr boots so you can spam your abilities.

Triforce rush is also good and gives you a ton of burst but it can also horrendously backfire on you because you don't have a lot of sustained damage and well, league of bruisers.

I've been experimenting with TBC + LW as my 1st two major items as well, and I rather like it. Coupled with a tear and maxing E, it pretty much allows you to trade really well - granted I've only really done it seriously once, against an Ashe, which isn't the best indicator of success. I did double her cs and keep her at 0/3 during lanephase though :o

DisturbedFox
<Inhouse Regular>
DisturbedFox's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2013 3:00pm | Report
autumn, 2013
still building lizard on adcs
IAmByakuya
<Member>
IAmByakuya's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2013 3:17pm | Report

autumn, 2013

Rofl lol'd hard
Gave you a good laugh or helped? rep+ so i can know ;)

Thanks to TinyStar, Jhoi, Xiaowi, Virus, Bard and Arcana(eww)...for my signatures!

Elohell is like Irelia's stun: if your real level is equal or lower than the level you are in, you're STUNNED there forever. If your actual level is higher than the level you are in, you're just SLOWED in your way up.
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2013 6:25pm | Report

autumn, 2013

only on corki and -maybe- ezreal, actually. I mean it's not like Corki has a passive that synergizes well with it, all of the stats benefit him, it's cheap, all his spells apply it, and gee, I even believe that his Gatling Gun applies it 8 times over the duration (aka 200-320 true damage). :o

Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2013 6:35pm | Report
It doesn't stack when you apply it again, it just refreshes the duration. And I'm not seeing how his passive synergizes with it at all. It's only good with his R and unlike with Ezreal's Q spam his R is magic damage so it doesn't really make sense to build around. Even Ezreal doesn't build the dam thing anymore.
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2013 6:40pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

It doesn't stack when you apply it again, it just refreshes the duration. And I'm not seeing how his passive synergizes with it at all.

How do you know it doesn't stack and just refreshes? Doesn't say that on the wiki o_o. If that's true well I've been wrong all along and gg wp.

His passive is true damage - true damage goes well with true damage :P

also his r is fine with it - it's already really hard to itemize against Corki early/mid game, and that just helps him even more since a support like Taric can't just **** all over you.

Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2013 6:42pm | Report
Nighthawk wrote:

How do you know it doesn't stack and just refreshes?

Because it would be dumb as hell if it stacked and I used to build it every game I played on Ezreal.

Nighthawk wrote:

His passive is true damage - true damage goes well with true damage :P

No it doesn't, true damage in no way scales with itself. In fact his passive has AD scaling which actually makes Bloodthirster scale better with it.

What with the Manamune and CDR boots you just seem to be trying to make him into a worse version of Ezreal. Corki lacks scaling and his skills are all magic damage so building around them makes no sense. Late game you'll have low damage on everything because you didn't build crit, and your early game will be hurt because you spent time building/stacking Manamune instead of early game items.
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 2, 2013 7:49am | Report
500 AD on Corki plis.

As requested to GMD himself.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 2, 2013 8:30am | Report
I've picked corki up after maining him in S2, I've toyed around a bit with different builds.

Obviously rush Trinity Force. Sometimes, when I have exactly 1550 gold, I grab a BF sword instead and get triforce after that. I agree with not grabbing vamp scepter. you can run 3x (instead of two) lifesteal quints on corki or get a second dorans.

Next purchase would be Bloodthirster - simply because crit doesn't scale as well on corki anymore. Flat ad is great for Gatling Gun.

After that I would logically go for Last Whisper. Armor pen in corki is godlike because he is one of the best tank-shredders in the game. Black Cleaver would be good as well (stacks great with Gatling Gun)

Infinity Edge is my last item. I would not recommend skipping a defensive item by the way, corki's W is not 100% reliable like ezreal E is.

EDIT: About his viability: He is not borderline op like luther suggested, but he is definitely a good pick. He does have some bad matchups though (like cait & ashe)

Also, Spirit of the Elder Lizard definitely isn't a good choice. Muramana would work well but tear stacking takes a long time and Corki cannot use that since he needs his power now.
ShenMasterFlash
<Member>
ShenMasterFlash's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 2, 2013 11:40am | Report
I'll throw my two cents in. I've had alot of fun playing AP corki recently, but as far as AD goes, some games I think "hey this is really strong", and others I am still completely underwhelmed. Against a lot of common bot lanes, I feel myself getting zoned out from farming way too easily early (granted, some/most of this is just form poor play). And even with the huge buffs to his mana conservation, I STILL seem to run into mana problems frequently with corki if I don't build a tear early, and that obviously sets him back a ways.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide