Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Cost effectiveness of masteries - a closer look...

Creator: Searz December 12, 2011 5:19am

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 13, 2011 2:38am | Report
DuffTime wrote:

You call me ignorant, and when I say the exact same words back you can't handle it. The exact, same, words.

I was tired and not in a good mood. Especially not in the mood for discussion with someone who's always "right".

Now GTFO or respond to MY RESPONSE, which you conveniently ignored.
"Well, basically you should treat me like a prostitute." - TotalBiscuit
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 13, 2011 2:44am | Report
Temzilla wrote:

What?
Okay, so, you have 225 armor right?

So, your 300 AD does 300*(100/325)= 92.3076923 Damage.

Now, if the tower has 215 armor...

Your 300 AD does 300*(100/315)= 95.2380952 Damage.

If we do 95.2380952/92.3076923, we get 1.03174603, a three PERCENT increase.

I was wrong when i said "it's the same as the +10 damage to turrets mastery" but i wasn't wrong with what i said about it being 3 damage per 100 ad. I wasn't really thinking, nasty flu and all.

It's worth 3 AD at 100 AD.

Yes, it's a 3% increase of damage to towers, BUT I didn't disagree with that part.
You're still connecting it to the wrong variable. You get 3 damage per 100DAMAGE, not per 100AD. You get 1 DAMAGE per 100AD.
:P
I'm a strong independent black mage who don't need no mana.
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 13, 2011 3:06am | Report
They should make the gold mastery like increase the amount of gold you get from gp5 items. :P
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 13, 2011 4:00am | Report
And now Riot decides to **** up more masteries. YAY!
(Alacrity)
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/V1.0.0.131
Sittin' on chimneys, putting fire up my ***.

"I biked 12km in a blizzard today and mice are chewing on my chocolate bars. Life's good."
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 13, 2011 8:28am | Report
You were tired and in a bad mood, hope you feel better, but that does not excuse hypocritical accusations of ignorance, and then an over reaction of anger when the person you literally just called ignorant says it right back.

My response is always the same, and you never want to hear it or acknowledge it. Probably because you think it's wrong.

Even if something is not optimal in regards to cost to effect, it can still be strong and useful if you understand when and why to use it.

This is the case for Honor guard. It's not as "Cost effective" as other options, but much like armor red runes and armor blue runes, which are outclassed in terms of cost to effect by other options, they are still a viable option and sometimes they are the best option.

Honor guard can even be a better pick than the move speed above 70% and 8% CDR at 18, even though it is severely outclassed in terms of efficiency of mastery.

I'm always right whenever I argue with you Searz, I don't tend to argue unless I'm comfortable with the claims I'm making.

I also wouldn't be surprised if they do buff and nerf a lot of mastery choices, but even in an underpowered state they can still be a reasonable selection due to the nature of the new tree.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 13, 2011 12:08pm | Report
DuffTime wrote:

I'm always right whenever I argue with you Searz, I don't tend to argue unless I'm comfortable with the claims I'm making.

I'm just quoting this part because it's awesome.
I'll leave it at that.
"He cooked cake." - MrCuddowls

"Oh forget it, I have nothing to hid, I admit it, 12 hours of every single day of my life ever since I was eleven years old have been anal sex with canoes" - MrCuddowls
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 13, 2011 12:16pm | Report
Searz wrote:

Yes, it's a 3% increase of damage to towers, BUT I didn't disagree with that part.
You're still connecting it to the wrong variable. You get 3 damage per 100DAMAGE, not per 100AD. You get 1 DAMAGE per 100AD.
:P

Yeah, crazy symantic errors everywhere.

I was mainly offended by the "lemme correct your math" when the math was fine, it was the words that came after it :s.
Tri lane for life.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 13, 2011 12:20pm | Report
Searz wrote:

I'm just quoting this part because it's awesome.
I'll leave it at that.

It is pretty awesome.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 13, 2011 12:55pm | Report
Temzilla wrote:

Yeah, crazy symantic errors everywhere.

I was mainly offended by the "lemme correct your math" when the math was fine, it was the words that came after it :s.

Well, when you label something wrong the math becomes wrong too, because it's not correct for the thing you're labeling it as :P
"Nothing says I like you more than letting you drink my filtered urine." - deityignis

"MY WHOLE LIFE IS A WANK." - WTTNHK

"There are boobs...LOTS OF BOOBS. And then Obama comes out of no where." - JEFFY40HANDS, on Air Gear
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 13, 2011 1:02pm | Report
In the latest fight of Duff vs Searz...

I agree with Searz :c

Some masteries STATS are good, but the actual masteries themselves are ****.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide