Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

How to beat Yorick?

Creator: IceCreamy September 16, 2012 2:38pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
CrimsonSkyz
<Member>
CrimsonSkyz's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2012 3:43pm | Report
In my first answer I was trolling about Fiddlesticks' drain. You wouldn't drain much at all if you use drain on a ghoul. It already loses health per second and it doesn't have much health to begin with. Didn't think I would get so much "your ******ed" comments. Don't take it so seriously... It was my first attempt to troll and I don't think I'll be doing it again lol.

Here's my more serious answer(which I forgot to post yesterday, my bad haha):

I honestly beat Yorick everytime I go Trundle. I don't let the ghouls attack me I just move away since they are pretty slow. Boots can help me outrun the ghouls easily. Basically like I said in my previous answer each time Yorick summons a ghoul it's just a free heal for me. I also said before that Trundle can use Rabid Bite on Yorick to lower his AD and therefore lowering the AD on Yorick's ghouls. Trundle's passive does heal him for Yorick's ghouls but only by a small amount. But because Yorick can spam his ghouls a lot the healing from Trundle's passive will eventually stack up and make a decent amount.

I also beat Yorick everytime I play Fiddlesticks. I use Reap on the ghoul so that it will bounce to Yorick and get rid of the ghoul at the same time. I only do it when there aren't a lot of minions since Reap bounces randomly. I harass Yorick a lot with this method. Reap has a fairly long cooldown so it can't be spammed a lot. I don't have much of a problem with mana since I tend to have blue buff, one or two doran's rings and mp5 runes.

Before saying that they are not viable counters have you tried them out against Yorick before? If you have and honestly think that these two are not viable counters that's your opinion and I can't change that. They work fine for me and if it doesn't for you then oh well...
Unleash the Beast
Currently on vacation~
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2012 5:05pm | Report
What Khazem said is that any competent jungler will not allow you to go Fiddle top without dying once or ten times. This means that in a team where the jungler ganks "at random" you can possibly go Fid versus Yorick without issues.

Sure, if they turret dive you can ulti under tower and avoid death. But your ulti's CD is around twice that of yorick's, so they can do it again
CrimsonSkyz
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2012 5:51pm | Report
@FalseoGod

Okay thanks for clarifying. Yea it's true, a good jungler would not allow Fiddlesticks to get fed. Point taken.

On another note: I think Shen might be viable against Yorick since his Vorpal Blade is easily spammable and is ranged. Allows for easy last hitting without getting too close to Yorick and will heal Shen since you are dealing a killing blow by last hitting. It can also be used to kill a ghoul that is coming at you with low health. I don't have a Shen so this is just a theory. If it works good for you! If not my theories are cr@p!
Darkness is Eternal
Currently on vacation~
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2012 7:58pm | Report
FalseoGod wrote:

What Khazem said is that any competent jungler will not allow you to go Fiddle top without dying once or ten times. This means that in a team where the jungler ganks "at random" you can possibly go Fid versus Yorick without issues.

Sure, if they turret dive you can ulti under tower and avoid death. But your ulti's CD is around twice that of yorick's, so they can do it again

i don't think you get it, it's not the ult cooldown, it's the fact that fiddle can fear the enemy jungle or yorick and drain the other. If he fears the jungler, then yorick has no way to stop his drain channeling.
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
Yukimaru
<Member>
Yukimaru's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2012 8:09pm | Report
Mooninites wrote:

i don't think you get it, it's not the ult cooldown, it's the fact that fiddle can fear the enemy jungle or yorick and drain the other. If he fears the jungler, then yorick has no way to stop his drain channeling.

Fear Duration: Duration: 1 / 1.5 / 2 / 2.5 / 3 seconds

Dragin Duration: (Active): Fiddlesticks channels and leashes to a target for 5 seconds)

Now try to think a second logical.
Werepirelord
<Member>
Werepirelord's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2012 8:09pm | Report
Ugh, noone listens to me.
I asked a pro player at gamescom and they said Renekton was the counter........

Tah beh, or nat tah beh. BOOM! Nat tah beh.
Fox Rage
<Member>
Fox Rage's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2012 8:37pm | Report

Ugh, noone listens to me.
I asked a pro player at gamescom and they said Renekton was the counter........

Did he say why? If he didn't, then what he said does not matter.

+rep me and you'll get good karma, wich means you won't be reincarnated into a rock! Isn't that awesome?

But yes this idea has been discussed more than Pam Anderson's tits in a plastic surgeons office.
Werepirelord
<Member>
Werepirelord's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2012 9:41pm | Report
It's pretty neat, Yorick harasses and then goes in for a kill which is hard against Renek because of the stun, no mana costs(so can stay longer in the lane), q heals him,and ults is very good against that last engagement and he can dash away or after Yorick very fast.

Tah beh, or nat tah beh. BOOM! Nat tah beh.
CrimsonSkyz
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2012 10:54pm | Report

It's pretty neat, Yorick harasses and then goes in for a kill which is hard against Renek because of the stun, no mana costs(so can stay longer in the lane), q heals him,and ults is very good against that last engagement and he can dash away or after Yorick very fast.

Seems kinda viable I guess, but what if Yorick is just plain harassing/zoning out Renekton? Even if his Q, Cull the Meek, heals him there is still a hard cap on that heal. Usually Yorick may have a few ghouls out so the damage from the ghouls > than the heal.

I don't think any experienced player in general would go in for the kill on Renekton or Nasus because of their ultimates.

Well that's my thoughts so far on Renekton vs. Yorick. I'll give it a try though, but finding a good Yorick player might take a while and I'm not exactly a good Renekton either. Anyone else wanna try it out and talk about their results o.O?
Unleash the Beast
Currently on vacation~
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 25, 2012 5:57am | Report
Well, Yorick doesn't handle full-on early battles well against some duelists, I've seen him fall to a Fiora because she insisted in fighting at level 2 after the minion wave was almost clear, eventually getting a kill at level 3, and we all know Fiora snowballs hard.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide