Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

I think AD Carries are becoming obsolete.

Creator: tehAsian October 2, 2012 10:37am
1 2 3 4 5
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 2, 2012 10:37am | Report
Anyone else feel this?

They die way too easily unless your team has tons of peel, and even then they still manage to die from champions like LeBlanc, Irelia or Olaf.

It takes too long for them to farm up, unless they get tons of kills in lane so they can afford their damage items really early on. Because of this, it's possible that they die a lot and get about zero farm for the game.

With all the mobility being introduced into the game they can't really abuse their range either, as most bruisers are already in their face, applying the Frozen Mallet proc.

I'm probably completely wrong about this, but I want to hear everyone's opinion.
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 2, 2012 10:44am | Report
Personally it's always been my observation that AD carries are basically the core of the game with everything centering around them and every other role revolving around either killing them before they ace your team or protecting them.

But then I play AD so I would totally say that.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 2, 2012 10:51am | Report
early game yea, they die pretty fast.

Late game with a fully stacked thirster and their support having a zekes? Not even, and lets not get started on Guardian angel XD

Second, one of them getting killed a lot and getting "zero farm" implied the other carry is getting a buncha kills and farm.

In all honesty, many games hinge on how well bot lane does because yes, a carry is next to worthless when feeding.

Then on to bruisers, while yes a lot of them have great gap closers, many carries have equally good gap creators like Ezreal or Corki. Also, Last Whisper kind of kicks bruisers in the nuts.

TL;DR, AD carries won't be obsolete any time soon, it's all about the player behind the carry.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 2, 2012 10:56am | Report
Running a team comp without a real AD carry is usually a gamble that your team can pull enough of advantage from the early game to win quickly. Any time I've seen an ADC-less comp get stalled to late game, they just crumble to the DPS of the ADC.
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
Clu Gulager
<Member>
Clu Gulager's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 2, 2012 10:59am | Report
I wouldn't say obsolete, but I do believe ADC is the hardest role to play. Besides farming, positioning, timing, etc...it feels like the ADC depends on teammates more than other roles.
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 2, 2012 2:21pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

Personally it's always been my observation that AD carries are basically the core of the game with everything centering around them and every other role revolving around either killing them before they ace your team or protecting them.

But then I play AD so I would totally say that.

^this

There are pretty much 4 ways to win a game.

Ad-carry carrying. Protect/kill ad-carry.

AOE-carrying. Make all the enemies low/dead with massive aoe and let ad-carry pick them off afterwards.

Poking. Poke enemy to death to either reduce the enemy teams possibility of protecting the ad-carry or possibility of killing your ad-carry.

Split-pushing. Win fights by fighting 5v4 or getting free towers - only teamcomp that isn't centered around an ad-carry, but more on a champ that can split push and a champ that can "disengage" Ad-carries are still beneficial to theese teams.
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
MrCuddowls
<Member>
MrCuddowls's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 3, 2012 8:00am | Report
ADC are necessary if you want a good amount of damage out put. You will usually find a good team with an adc come out on top because they have the massive amount of dps you dont have
bsurma
<Member>
bsurma's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 3, 2012 8:30am | Report
All of your statements are true, but not entirely.

For me, it's more like ADC's are dominating the game. IE+PD already gives them a hefty amount of damage and late-game they become really difficult to handle unless you manage to chain-CC them / prevent them from doing damage or both.

AD carries are for that vital DPS - most teams lack high, sustained physical damage anyway because top's usually tanky as hell and the jungler's focusing on tankiness, too (not to mention it can be Alistar, and his damage output is not that big, is it?). Top and junglers are melee, too, and they can't take risks that an AD carry can. There's a lot of gap-closers and CC out there (and the number of blinks and dashes the champions have is still gradually increasing D:), but still Corki has Valkyrie, Ezreal has Arcane Shift and if a carry really lacks the range or escapes, he can pick cleanse for his summoners or take an early QSS.

Also, all of the carries need peel or help. The whole idea of a carry is to get as roflfarmed and fed as possible with the help of your teammates
+Rep pls if I helped! One click doesn't hurt :D Check out my first guide featuring Darius (NEED MOAR VOTEZ)!

DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 3, 2012 10:41am | Report
MrCuddowls wrote:

ADC are necessary if you want a good amount of damage out put. You will usually find a good team with an adc come out on top because they have the massive amount of dps you dont have

"Ad carries dont even fit in the meta"
"what makes an ad carry an ad carry?"
"ADC is the least important role on a team mid and top lane are more important"
"all ad carries do in games is feed that all the bottom lane is for feeding the other lane"
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 3, 2012 11:19am | Report
DillButt64 wrote:

"Ad carries dont even fit in the meta"
"what makes an ad carry an ad carry?"
"ADC is the least important role on a team mid and top lane are more important"
"all ad carries do in games is feed that all the bottom lane is for feeding the other lane"

Are these platinum approved Cuddowls quotes? o.O
1 2 3 4 5

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide