Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Kassadin's Trials

Creator: RuminatingWin January 9, 2013 12:35pm
Which stats do you prioritize on Kassadin?
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2013 8:10am | Report

Well this doesn't surprise me that you're playing Kassadin well. But you forgot to post the graphs from post-game stats. I'm not really concerned with scores. What I'm really looking for are magic damage stats to compare item variations. The experiment is meant to decipher how much magic damage certain items builds are doing over time along with relative aspects like how much damage you're taking. I just showed my score and build so you could recognize that it is in fact my typical item path that yielded those results.

Why did you go with 2 RoA's in the second match? Like what specifically convinced you that you should? From what I see extra damage was a lot more effective. Both games were about 37 minutes but your first game had more kills, more assists, more CS, and more overall gold. There's definitely a correlation with those numbers and more damage output. I wish you showed your magic damage and compared both item paths that way because that would of been valuable information since both matches were the same duration. It's going to be difficult to replicate that.

Wish I had them, didn't screenshotted them at the time. The first game we absolutely needed more damage from me, my team didn't do enough at the time. The second game, we all did fine and I didn't need more damage than I had so I went for a second rod to secure late-game even more.
RuminatingWin
<Member>
RuminatingWin's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2013 8:27am | Report

Wish I had them, didn't screenshotted them at the time. The first game we absolutely needed more damage from me, my team didn't do enough at the time. The second game, we all did fine and I didn't need more damage than I had so I went for a second rod to secure late-game even more.

I wonder if the extra HP is making a big difference. If you take more damage compared to your first build (less HP) and die less than that means the extra HP IS making a significant difference. If you're receiving more damage (that's why you build extra HP, so that you can) but you're still dieing just as much then it isn't helping. That's what I'm trying to figure out.

Even looking at your score may support one of my theories about playing Kassadin: Increasing HP isn't the best way to stay alive. You played more conservatively with more HP (you said you wanted to secure the win), hence less kills. That seems counter-productive in the sense that the extra HP isn't actually granting more safety. If you have more HP wouldn't you be less worried? It seems that you still were since you fought less.

As a side note I also realized that more damage = more CS. The capability to clear waves with Force Pulse is invaluable since it's a time and mana saver. It has no strong correlation with my point, just something I noticed.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2013 8:39am | Report

I wonder if the extra HP is making a big difference. If you take more damage compared to your first build (less HP) and die less than that means the extra HP IS making a significant difference. If you're receiving more damage (that's why you build extra HP, so that you can) but you're still dieing just as much then it isn't helping. That's what I'm trying to figure out.

Even looking at your score may support one of my theories about playing Kassadin: Increasing HP isn't the best way to stay alive. You played more conservatively with more HP (you said you wanted to secure the win), hence less kills. That seems counter-productive in the sense that the extra HP isn't actually granting more safety.

Scores do not say ****; they are completely different games and thus incomparable. Also, with all the respect but I'm unsure if I should listen to someone who rushes Lich Bane on Kass. I don't even see why you'd get that item at all. Your glass-cannon kassadin, as seen in your guide, would just get instantly blown-up against decent players.
DarkPercy
<Member>
DarkPercy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2013 8:58am | Report
I once got 19/6/11 as AP Garen (that pretty much proves that scores don't mean ****).

Mana is incredible on Kassadin but I don't think Archangel's Staff is actually good on him... If you want tons of mana get a second Rod of Ages (if you think you'll be able to get it maxed before the game ends).. Or else just spare your mana a little more and build typical AP carry damage items such as Rabadon's Deathcap, Deathfire Grasp, Abyssal Mask, Zhonya's Hourglass, Void Staff, etc.

Thanks to TinyStar for the sig :3
RuminatingWin
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2013 12:44pm | Report
DarkPercy wrote:

I once got 19/6/11 as AP Garen (that pretty much proves that scores don't mean ****).

Mana is incredible on Kassadin but I don't think Archangel's Staff is actually good on him... If you want tons of mana get a second Rod of Ages (if you think you'll be able to get it maxed before the game ends).. Or else just spare your mana a little more and build typical AP carry damage items such as Rabadon's Deathcap, Deathfire Grasp, Abyssal Mask, Zhonya's Hourglass, Void Staff, etc.

That score with AP Garen tells me you played against baddies, so it does say something! I'm not even looking for scores anyways, I'm looking for damage stats .

Scores do not say ****; they are completely different games and thus incomparable. Also, with all the respect but I'm unsure if I should listen to someone who rushes Lich Bane on Kass. I don't even see why you'd get that item at all. Your glass-cannon kassadin, as seen in your guide, would just get instantly blown-up against decent players.

Then why did you bother to follow this thread and post your scores? If scores don't matter at all than how do you know when someone is playing well if you didn't see them play? Why do people post their match history? You're responses aren't realistic. I hear people say "so what, scores don't matter" all the time, that's usually when they're raging though. But then when someone points out a player is feeding they say something like "nice score". It seems anyone who say's "scores don't matter" eventually contradict themselves.

As for Lich Bane, CasterMaster promotes Lich Bane as a second item just like I do. So you're saying we're both wrong?

So basically what I'm hearing is that this thread is bogus. You're not seeing the point. You're right! Scores don't always mean a build is good. But stats say a lot.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2013 2:23pm | Report

That score with AP Garen tells me you played against baddies, so it does say something! I'm not even looking for scores anyways, I'm looking for damage stats .

Then why did you bother to follow this thread and post your scores? If scores don't matter at all than how do you know when someone is playing well if you didn't see them play? Why do people post their match history? You're responses aren't realistic. I hear people say "so what, scores don't matter" all the time, that's usually when they're raging though. But then when someone points out a player is feeding they say something like "nice score". It seems anyone who say's "scores don't matter" eventually contradict themselves.

As for Lich Bane, CasterMaster promotes Lich Bane as a second item just like I do. So you're saying we're both wrong?

So basically what I'm hearing is that this thread is bogus. You're not seeing the point. You're right! Scores don't always mean a build is good. But stats say a lot.

I posted them because you requested. I'm not saying that they do not matter at all but I'm saying that comparing two different scores from two completely different games and then trying to judge the builds used is just not a way to go. The first game I had more kills because I was the one who had to go for everything. I was the main damage dealer of the team. In the second game, I wasn't needed as main damage dealer. With my tankiness and CC I could easily set up kills for my teammates and that's fine as well.

On lich bane, I definitely say both of you are very very wrong; in fact, everyone who uses it on Kassadin is doing it wrong. Lich Bane used to be a luxury item in case you got ridiculously fed. Nowadays, there are plenty of other better options to get on Kassadin. Examples are Deathfire Grasp and Athene's Unholy Grail.

P.S. your responses*
P.P.S. You didn't responded to DarkPercy's remarks regarding Kassadin, just focussed on AP Garen. I thought this was a thread about Kassa?
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2013 3:09pm | Report

dis ****ing guy lul.
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
RuminatingWin
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 11, 2013 6:11am | Report
Quoted:

dis ****ing guy lul.

Wow, what an intelligent response. He's the one who brought up Garen. But anways, I'm not going to argue about archangel's since it's just ridiculously good on Kassadin and anyone who can't see that is just stubborn.

You can compare damage dealt with enough examples from different games. If you have enough it will yield a general notion of what certain builds are doing. I know it won't be precipice accurate but it gives us a good enough idea what we are doing.

I mean what would be the next best way to compare? Just simply saying our build is better? Mines the best woo yeea *insert big flashy guide*. So basically according to you there's literaly no way to vouch for your build other than what people say about it. I refuse to think that's the best way.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 11, 2013 7:19am | Report

Wow, what an intelligent response. He's the one who brought up Garen. But anways, I'm not going to argue about archangel's since it's just ridiculously good on Kassadin and anyone who can't see that is just stubborn.

You can compare damage dealt with enough examples from different games. If you have enough it will yield a general notion of what certain builds are doing. I know it won't be precipice accurate but it gives us a good enough idea what we are doing.

I mean what would be the next best way to compare? Just simply saying our build is better? Mines the best woo yeea *insert big flashy guide*. So basically according to you there's literaly no way to vouch for your build other than what people say about it. I refuse to think that's the best way.

Not saying that, I think we can definitely compare numbers. However, I don't think these numbers are everything. If you build full glass-cannon like your guide suggests and I don't, especially with my 9/21/0 setup; you are likely to deal more damage. Especially considering that two of my games given lasted about 37 minutes and yours 54.
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 11, 2013 8:12am | Report

Let me widen my response, for your pleasure:
First paragraph: The misuse of the world famous apostrophe is what strikes my eye the most, not only do you misuse you're, you're also putting an apostrophe onto says which makes no sense.
He obviously posted the screenshots to show in which situations tankyness is needed and in which more damage is needed, he posted them as an example that there is no all-mighty build. And then you end it with a senseless mumbling about scores almost completely stripped of conclusion.

Second paragraph: Yes, that is what he's saying, he made that quite clear, just because two people are wrong doesn't make either right.

Third paragraph: Yes, that is what you're hearing. Stats don't mean too much either, since it all comes down to how good the player is, how he's playing and how good his enemies are. Let me give you an example:
Kassa A: Roams, snowballs both top and bot-lane towerdiving with his RoA rush.
Kassa B: Stays in lane, builds archangels and perma pushes the minions with a maxed E.
Kassa A did much more for the game than B did but B will have a lot more damage since he did it to minions.

How're you supposed to compare the builds you ask? You can't, it's situational there is no best stat: there is no best build. This whole thread shows that you've failed to grasp that concept.
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide