Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Metashift slowly incoming?

Creator: FalseoGod January 22, 2015 3:25am
1 2
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 22, 2015 3:25am | Report
So if you guys have been following PBE + Surrender@20 around (if not, go to www.surrenderat20.net and read the latest news, I'm kinda lazy to copy everything but I'll tl;dr it in spoilers), there's been quite a lot of tinkering with various assassins. More, Deathfire Grasp is being eliminated as well.

What it feels like is that riot wants to tone down assassins, in some cases give them more counterplay (in others I can't consider that a nerf). What I'm asking is, if this tendency keeps up (or if these changes themselves come to pass), do you think this will affect the game a lot? Perhaps will start seeing more of Xerath, Orianna, Ziggs (cannot say "see more of Azir since we all see him every draft...under "bans") as well as hypercarries like kog/twitch?

I do realize the Zed nerfs are as much of a joke as the Janna ones, and that LeBlanc is still up and dominant, but I feel like these changes will afect the game a lot.

Also Nidalee jungle (which was already being done), is getting a buff: monsters can get the Hunt debuff. Expecting to see her more on that role.

tl;dr of the changes bellow:

Spoiler: Click to view
Ellodere
<Member>
Ellodere's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 22, 2015 4:35am | Report
This will definitely impact the game, you have to think how much the removal of dfg will affect ap assasin's and mages overall who bough dfg as a part of their standard build.

This will open up for lots of new things and it will also impact the builds of apc's and what champions to pick when going mid(just like you mentioned, we could see kog'maw at midlane again where we once saw him being played some years ago (I think it was around S2/S3?).

The zed nerf is not really a joke, because attack speed and attack speed/level do increase the damage output through the course of some seconds (I don't think champions who aren't autoattack champions would want to have 0.0000001 attack speed, they would deal less damage).
That's why the zed nerf is in some sense good, but zed will still be really strong even after nerfing his attack speed.

The rest of these updates are in my opinion one of the coolest I've seen (especially the MS boost from ahri's Q).
Zordagoth
<Member>
Zordagoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 22, 2015 5:51am | Report
Yay Nidalee jungle hype !!
Note that it suits her "hunter / predator" lore really good if you ask me
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 22, 2015 6:03am | Report
I meant twitch/kog as adcs. As for the Zed nerf, I get it but I don't think it hits anywhere near the core of his strengths.

Ellodere
<Member>
Ellodere's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 22, 2015 6:27am | Report
FalseoGod wrote:
I meant twitch/kog as adcs. As for the Zed nerf, I get it but I don't think it hits anywhere near the core of his strengths.

Well, that too, but I think kog'maw could be played on mid considering he has a high range which allows him to stay out of people's faces, and I think I'm gonna try him out later this year and see if I could do a build that is based upon that specific ability to stay out of range and still manage to shoot people with snort coming out from kog'maw's mouth. That's really one of the things I think this update will allow to be more viable.
The thing you said about zed is spot on.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 22, 2015 4:04pm | Report
Fizz, the next Kha'Zix.
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 22, 2015 4:42pm | Report
The meta has slowly shifted towards late game but I can't imagine Twitch or Kog'Maw being picked quite yet. Twitch popularity suffered a bit because of Kalista release and generally just the current tier 1 ADC's would win the lane too hard. You would need to rely too much on your support/jungle which you can't really do in soloQ.

Especially Graves hype is like poison for late game ADC's like Twitch / Kog'Maw. I play both, Twitch and Kog'Maw regularly but when I have a "not so good" support or I just too far behind cus misplays and I can't do anything before 40th minute, I always think back why I didn't pick Graves or something.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 22, 2015 5:06pm | Report
Joxuu wrote:
The meta has slowly shifted towards late game but I can't imagine Twitch or Kog'Maw being picked quite yet. Twitch popularity suffered a bit because of Kalista release and generally just the current tier 1 ADC's would win the lane too hard. You would need to rely too much on your support/jungle which you can't really do in soloQ.

Especially Graves hype is like poison for late game ADC's like Twitch / Kog'Maw. I play both, Twitch and Kog'Maw regularly but when I have a "not so good" support or I just too far behind cus misplays and I can't do anything before 40th minute, I always think back why I didn't pick Graves or something.

Twitch is my favourite ADC, but I'm too scared to pick him while his laning phase is so weak. ;-;
Slappiz
<Member>
Slappiz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 22, 2015 7:44pm | Report
I don't mind DFG being removed. Being able to 1 shot a champion and then turn golden if you end up in a bad spot seems stupid to me.
This will also make supporting and keeping teammates alive so much easier.

<3 Akali nerfs!
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 23, 2015 1:47am | Report
Fizz is now a perfect bruiser:

Nimble Fighter + Thornmail means the enemy ADC can just kill himself.

2 ways of closing the gap and able to dodge a lot of CC, combined with a slow to stick to people.

With Blade of the Ruined King always deals 8% of the enemy max hp as damage.

His ultimate means you deal 9.6% of the enemy max hp as damage.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide