Ornn Build Guide by bocchicken
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
++8 ability haste
+15-90 HP (lvls 1-18)
++8 ability haste
+15-90 HP (lvls 1-18)
++8 ability haste
+8 Magic Resist
+8 Magic Resist
Ability Order Q Max
Threats & Synergies
All Camille needs to do is wait until 1.5 items and she will outscale you. She is forced to push her wave when she tried to W you, so keep the wave in front of your tower and call for jungle help. Play for teamfights and peel your carry
Unfortunate, she can dodge your knockup and condemn you to cancel your ult, AND does true damage. Try and keep your distance and zone her as best you can and let your team deal with her.
People THINK Darius is a hard Ornn counter, they are VERY wrong. Stand in your wave so when he goes to trade on you his Q will push. Farm under your tower and look to Q + W + AA on him and then E out. He is unable to respond so it's free damage. You can look to all in him at level 6 after a few of these trades and it's practically a guarenteed kill.
You have a decent amount of kill pressure on her early, but once she is at 2 items, she has too much healing for your to duel her effectively. Just press your lead early, Poke with Q
You have a breif period where you can kill him, before he gets goredrinker, and then after that you are essentially a health pack for him, even with a bramble vest.
Bully the PISS out of him early, and get them SWIFTIE boots to negate his wither slow. Harass him every time he tries to go in for a stack, but respect his lvl 6 if you're pushed out too far without flash or E.
Your base damage is SO high that an early bramble vest will allow you to 1v1 him even when he has ult.
She can parry your passive proc, knockup, ult, which will result in her getting a TON of free damage on you, or even potentially killing you. She also outscales you. Not a fun matchup. You just play lane as safe as possible and look to group midgame since she wants to split push.
Poke with Q, save your E to escape, and your W to dodge his stun and you should be fine. Similar to fiora in that Jax wants to scale and sit in a sidelane. So play for objectives and teamfights.
Your W can actually phase through his wall, but be careful of his dmg when he gets sunderer+lvl 6.
The ONLY time Jayce has any kill pressure on you is levels 3-5. After that you are way too tanky and have too much disengage for him to do anything other than farm under tower and look for roams.
It's farming simulator 2021
He just doesn't have the damage to kill you unless you intentionally run it down. Once you get some armor you are just a massive roadblock for him (unless he is VERY far ahead)
He does %Max HP damage, AND outsustains you. Very hard to play into early and mid. Late game you are fine into him.
Kled will RUN at you level 1, and 2, and 3... If you play safe in your wave and poke with Q, you CAN look to all in him at 6. Be EXTREMELY careful with him remounting during long trades as he can go from 1hp to killing you if you misjudge your damage.
He's ranged. Very sad.
Ornn ult + Mf ult= FREE LP
R SYNERGY BABY
She makes a wall, which you can use to proc your E knockup. Be careful that when you hit her wall it destroys it. So you can troll if you are not careful.
Ult Syngergy OP
You're a melee champ, so you proc Sej's E passive.. but there are better champs to take advantage of this.
Ori ball on ornn is a great way to engage, or set up Ults for Ori with a knockup or Ult yourself.
Ult Synergy in teamfights
Ult SYNERGY BABY
A little less reliable than a 5 man malphite ult.. but a 5 man Ornn ult still does the trick!
You have multiple knockups which Samira can utilize with her passive, also your large amount of CC can let Samira fully channel ult without being afraid of being interrupted.
Champion Build Guide
Welcome to my Ornn guide! Ornn has been one of my favorite champs for a few seasons now, and with the preseason item updates he is in a REALLY strong spot.
Many people think Ornn is a no-skill tank, but he actually has a lot of outpay potential and some decent combos that can definitely lead to you carrying games if played well!
1. Body Them FOOLS. Take aggressive trades against weak early-game champs, and look to all in at level 6 or with jungle pressure.
2. Sit with your wave under your tower and farm it out until mid/late game teamfights when your item upgrade passive comes online.
Your choice on which option to go with is explained in more detail in the champion matchup/synergy descriptions above!
+ Useful even when behind
+ Can work as engage,disengage/peel in different comps
+ Itemizes well against both AD and AP damage
+ AOE abilities = ez to farm and push with
+ simple and straightforward combos/abilities
Usually tanks sacrifice lane pressure by providing utility and/or game changing ultimates when it comes to teamfighting, but Ornn can do both making him good to play with almost any team composition. There ARE some really tough matchups (such as vayne) that will be very hard to play against, but Ornn has much more agency than traditional tanky champions
- Difficult to play into ranged champions
- easy to gank if overextended (low mobility)
- Long ult Cooldown early
- Does poorly into duelists/split pushers
- cannot solo carry if team is too far behind
Ornn pretty much has everything he needs in his kit to survive almost any lane matchup, the more important thing to take into consideration is how to play the early game in order to maximize your effectiveness in teamfights. Paying attention to the enemy junglers pathing and not over-extending too often will help you find success.
- Grasp: Synergizes well with your kit into MELEE champs.
- Aftershock: A decent alternative to Grasp when you're into a ranged comp where you can't reliably proc grasp, but don't feel like running Spellbook.
- Summoner's Spellbook: consider taking when you're midlane or into champs you don't have much kill pressure into toplane as it can provide your time with lots of utility in the form of exhausting threats or smiting objectives.
- Bone plating: helps survive early trades and stops ranged champs from pushing you out of lane
- Overgrowth: buffs your HP past 10min, strong scaling.
- Demolish: Take towers faster, take only if really confident in lane
- Biscuit Delivery: Lane sustain pt1.
- Timewarp Tonic: Lane sustain pt2. (take this and start corrupting pot)
- Magical Footwear: take this when running summoners spellbook as it's the best-in-slot for inspiration
|These are your boots of choice in 80% of your matchups. They synergize with your passive, giving you even more resitances.|
|Take into teams that are looking to lock you down hard in fights, if you are CC'd you cannot cast R. Plated steelcaps are better 90% of the time.|
|Handsfree farming + built in auto trading in 1 item = a REAL good time. provides good survivability early with just bami's|
|Gives all your abilities a slight bump in dmg and provides more CDR as well as resists against any AP threats|
|Super strong with your passive Armor scaling and perfect synergy with every aspect of your champion and build, you ARE a tank after all.|
|THE PREMIERE KAI'SA COUNTER. Also takes champs like Teemo, Singed, and Casseopia out of the game. *Build only in certain situations*|
|More innate tankiness and the ability to recover after disengaging a poor fight. CDR is also nice|
|Sacrifices HP for more utility. The mana it gives is nice, but not necessary, consider building into heavy AD teams.|
|Good situational buy into teams with high attack speed or crit|
|Still doing some testing with this item, but you utilize all it's stats really well, and it's VERY low item cost makes it fit well into your budget as a weak-side tank champion.|
|Your abilities burn the enemies, and ALSO grant you resitances, which scale even better with your passive. A solid item on Ornn, can even consider building as a last item on traditional Ornn builds if your team needs more AP damage.|
|Raw HP, AP, and ability haste.. pretty much only good if you are commirting to an AP build with Mandate + Demonic Embrace.|
- Engaging with ONLY your R is very risky as it takes a few seconds to come out, giving champions with dashes plenty of time to dodge or run away. Best used at objectives where the enemy is forced to contest and get hit by your ult, or dodge it and giving your team the objective for free.
- You are INSANELY tanky, don't be afraid to flash+E into walls on the map if it can initiate a fight for your team, and then drop back to hit an clutch, well-placed ult after the fighting breaks out.
- If you fall behind early.. DO NOT DESPAIR. Even if you are 0/10, all you need is 1-2 items and levels and you WILL BE USEFUL. Your passive gives your team upgraded mythics which means getting outscaled is very rare. Stay calm, and scale it out.