Twitch Build Guide by Uncouthlol
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
+10% Attack Speed
+10 Adaptive (6 AD or 10 AP)
+15-90 HP (lvls 1-18)
Threats & Synergies
In case you were curious, I generally find myself playing hyper-carry ADC's more than the others. My favorite 3 ADC's are Twitch, Tristana, and Jinx. The play style I usually enjoy has me farming in the early game then hard carrying late game.
Come check out my Stream here for some high elo flashy plays, inting, and more!
I love to answer questions about builds or talk league in general, so feel free to pop in my stream whenever I'm live and ask me anything
Compared to champions like Lucian, Twitch has a weaker laning phase, but if Twitch is able to play the lane defensively and survive, he can easily outscale and out-carry a Lucian in the Mid and Late game teamfights.
PASSIVE: Deadly Venom - Twitch's basic attacks each Poison icon poison his target with a Deadly Venom stack.
While your poison might pick up a kill from time to time, the main purpose of this ability is to work with your E, Contaminate. It is important to note that your poison will last for 6 seconds on an enemy champion, but if you attack them again, the poison will remain applied and add an additional 6 seconds after each auto. Your W, Venom Cask, also applies stacks of poison to the enemy, which can help let the poison linger for longer.
Q: Ambush - Become camouflaged for 10-14 seconds, gain bonus attack speed after.
Twitch's Q allows you to maneuver into teamfights without getting engaged on, escape ganks, and surprise your enemies. When you cast Q, you won't become stealth for 1 second. Once stealthed, attacked enemies or using abilities will break your stealth. You also gain 10% bonus movement speed while stealthed, and 30% when moving toward enemy champions within a 1000 unit range. Once you have broken stealth, you gain from 30-50% attack speed. Finally, your Q will reset if any champion dies while your poison is applied to them, letting you chase multiple enemies with ease.
W: Venom Cask - Hurl a cask of venom at a target area, infecting all enemies hit with a poison.
Twitch's W is most useful for it's CC. It applies a 25%-45% slow on all enemies hit by it. This makes your W really useful for escaping from ganks, or chasing down enemies. The range on this ability is very good, and even just clipping them with the edge of the ability will slow them significantly. Also, if the enemy stands in your W, it will apply up to 4 stacks of your poison. This can be really useful for longer trades you take, and let you win if you use it in combination with your E.
E: Contaminate - Damage each nearby poisoned enemy, with each stack granting bonus damage.
Your E gives you more damage. It can be used to burst enemies who are low HP, as well as catch enemies that leave your auto attack range. Just make sure that you cast it when you have around 4-6 stacks of your Poison. The range on it is 1200, which is more than double your attack range. This spell is very useful in teamfights as well, for when you are AoE'ing multiple targets with your ultimate. You can get off several autos, then finish them with your E. This ability will always do more damage than your auto attacks in the early game, but later on it is more important to auto attack unless they are out of range.
R: Spray and Pray - Gain bonus attack damage and 300 range for 5 seconds.
Spray and Pray is what makes Twitch such a good late game champion. Your auto attacks will AoE through targets and deal massive amounts of damage. Use this in combination with your invis, and you'll have increased range, attack speed, damage, and most importantly, you'll come out of no where. If you wait for the enemy to clump and engage on someone else, you can drop tsunamis of damage onto the entire enemy team. Be careful to use this when you know you're going ALL IN, otherwise hold onto it. Don't waste it on creep waves, don't use it to trade. You can use it to assassinate targets, win 1v1s, and the most important use--shred your enemies in teamfights.
PASSIVE: Deadly Venom
- If you're trading in lane, you can extend the duration of your passive until your E is back up again, do this by just auto attacking them one time before the 6 seconds expire. You can get two E's off before the poison expires if done correctly.
- You can Q in the middle of a fight to gain bonus attack speed. Do this when you want a trade to turn into an All-in.
- Your Q takes 1 second to initiate, so you can do several things during that 1 second. You can get off an auto attack, you can throw your W, botrk, etc.
- Using the same mechanic, you can auto a blast cone just before your invis goes off, so that you blast cone over a wall completely undetected.
W: Venom Cask
- Use your W to chase enemies
- When leaving stealth to engage, auto attack once, then W between auto attacks. Do this to take advantage of your auto attack timer.
- Use your W to clear large minion waves (Until you get Runaans Hurricane)
- Use your W to zone the enemy off their minion wave while under turret to deny them farm.
- Your W can apply a maximum of 4 stacks to anyone in it.
- Don't E until they have ~4-6 stacks of poison.
- Use your E to finish at least one target in a teamfight, so that you can get your Q reset and chase the rest.
- Use your E to waveclear minions in combination with either your W, or Runaans Hurricane.
- Use your E to help you last hit under tower, when a single auto attack won't cut it.
R: Spray and Pray
- Make sure you save this for when you are going to deal the most damage in a teamfight.
- Use your ultimate to assassinate targets that you might not have enough damage for otherwise.
- Your ultimate isn't as important in the early game, so don't be afraid to use it if you think you can secure a kill or summoner spells with it.
- Wait for enemies to clump together in order to maximize your damage in teamfights.
Blade of the Ruined King
If you guys liked the guide and want more info added, and/or more guides like this one, leave an upvote to help me out (top right :D) ! Any feedback is heavily appreciated, and if you have any questions about anything, feel free to pop in my stream when I'm live, or just post a question in the discussion thread! I respond to all questions as thoroughly as I can, so you can rely on me for any confusions you might have about Tristana, ADC, or just league in general! Thanks for reading :)
Check out my Twitch Channel Here!